Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:10 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, such is life.

Regarding history, there are a lot of things Chinese and Jews can say, A German or a Japanese cannot say. Even if you made worldwide apology tour, they (SOME of THEM) still won't forgive you.

Wait for 1000 years, things would change.
Spot on!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
half breed comment is a very racist nasty one too.
Half-breed is actually overstating his blackness. He might be a quarter-breed, if not just a white guy with odd features and a fade.

Where does his outrage even stem from? What ever happened to him? His whole family is white. He grew up white.

It just doesn't make sense, and that leads me to believe it's all a set up. The government probably couldnt find somebody black that would go along with the sham, so they found a misbegotten troubled white kid from a broken home.

Last edited by Tritone; 03-30-2016 at 05:28 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 05:36 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
1. Nothing of what is listed as anything to do with not being able to achieve things in life and 2. your half breed comment is a very racist nasty one too.
1. Let's go back over some of the comments that led me to ask that question.

"You Have the Privilege of Escaping Violent Stereotypes Associated with Your race. Even though white Americans have committed so atrocious crimes currently and throughout American history."

"You Have the Privilege of Playing the Colorblind Card, Wiping the Slate Clean of Centuries of Racism. Which I see lots of people on city data doing this. That's how I know they are white."

"Your young teenage kids can wear and act however they like without being labeled a thug, low life, gangster. Even though you have plenty of white teens imitating Hip hop culture wearing certain hairstyles now that most blacks been ridiculed for."

"White privilege means not having to worry about your hair, skin color, or cultural accessories as the reason you didn’t get a job. It's not secret there is discrimination within the labor market."

"If you benefit from white privilege, you’ll never be told to “get over slavery.” They want you to get over slavery but want you to remember 9/11. You won't tell Jews to get over the haulocast (Holocaust)"

People will commonly list these things as reasons they can't get ahead in life. So I'll ask you in a different way: how do these things personally affect you and your livelihood?

2. How was it racist and nasty? I got half-breed siblings. Hell, my kids are 25% another race besides black. It is what it is. Black folks are quick to claim half-breeds as our own, but half-breeds are quick to tell people they're mixed when it's advantageous to the situation at hand. I've personally seen it too many times to count.

The reason I asked that about half-breeds is because some of the most influential black folks that have taken a pro-black stance are mixed; no one finds this odd? I'll even name some for you: Bob Marley, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Malcolm X...I'll leave Obama out of this for now, but you get the idea. Look at how quick NAACP was to put Rachel Dolezal on a pedestal while she pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. It's silly to say the least. Instead of looking for someone to rally behind, we should focus on ourselves and improving the black community to the best of our abilities without worrying carrying angst against white people or looking for something to blame our circumstances on. Look up "Tuskegee Machine" and maybe you'll have a better idea of my stance on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Half-breed is actually overstating his blackness. He might be a quarter-breed, if not just a white guy with odd features and a fade.

Where does his outrage even stem from? What ever happened to him? His whole family is white. He grew up white.

It just doesn't make sense, and that leads me to believe it's all a set up. The government probably couldnt find somebody black that would go along with the sham, so they found a misbegotten troubled white kid from a broken home.
He doesn't even identify with regular blacks. But I'll just leave it at that. We gotta stop letting half-breeds rile us up, while they fade to the shadows when things get heated.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:55 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
The idea of privilege is just a way of saying someone's to incompetent to do something so they'd rather blame everyone else for their own failures.

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post

2. How was it racist and nasty? I got half-breed siblings. .
Do you mind being called full black breed?

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It doesn't matter their color or race. Many criminals have apologists for their behavior.

I don't need a constant apology that "my land was stolen". Indians were tribal and killing each other wholesale just the same as the blacks were buying and selling black slaves.

I'm just happy for who I am where I am and when.
Okay just checking but

There has never been a constant apology. Many African tribes have apologized for there part in the trans Atlantic slave trade. West African nations now feel compassion and a sense of responsibility for the descendants of those taken from African soil. They recognize the atrocity and the complicity of some of their ancestors in allowing it to occur. And so they have apologized without condition.

The United States, on the other hand, has not. Though it has formally apologized for the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and for subjecting black men to syphilis research during the Tuskegee Experiment, the US has not mustered the will to do the same for slavery.

Not only that but the affects Jim Crow laws had on millions of blacks prior to Civil rights acts of 1963. Also the many lynchings rapings and Killings that occurred due to the White supremacist groups. Blacks have seen the affects of these things generation after generation and yes blacks have come along way and we need to do better but don't try to tell us to dismiss it especially when can still see behaviors from others that remind blacks of those times.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
1. Let's go back over some of the comments that led me to ask that question.

"You Have the Privilege of Escaping Violent Stereotypes Associated with Your race. Even though white Americans have committed so atrocious crimes currently and throughout American history."

"You Have the Privilege of Playing the Colorblind Card, Wiping the Slate Clean of Centuries of Racism. Which I see lots of people on city data doing this. That's how I know they are white."

"Your young teenage kids can wear and act however they like without being labeled a thug, low life, gangster. Even though you have plenty of white teens imitating Hip hop culture wearing certain hairstyles now that most blacks been ridiculed for."

"White privilege means not having to worry about your hair, skin color, or cultural accessories as the reason you didn’t get a job. It's not secret there is discrimination within the labor market."

"If you benefit from white privilege, you’ll never be told to “get over slavery.” They want you to get over slavery but want you to remember 9/11. You won't tell Jews to get over the haulocast (Holocaust)"

People will commonly list these things as reasons they can't get ahead in life. So I'll ask you in a different way: how do these things personally affect you and your livelihood?

2. How was it racist and nasty? I got half-breed siblings. Hell, my kids are 25% another race besides black. It is what it is. Black folks are quick to claim half-breeds as our own, but half-breeds are quick to tell people they're mixed when it's advantageous to the situation at hand. I've personally seen it too many times to count.

The reason I asked that about half-breeds is because some of the most influential black folks that have taken a pro-black stance are mixed; no one finds this odd? I'll even name some for you: Bob Marley, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Malcolm X...I'll leave Obama out of this for now, but you get the idea. Look at how quick NAACP was to put Rachel Dolezal on a pedestal while she pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. It's silly to say the least. Instead of looking for someone to rally behind, we should focus on ourselves and improving the black community to the best of our abilities without worrying carrying angst against white people or looking for something to blame our circumstances on. Look up "Tuskegee Machine" and maybe you'll have a better idea of my stance on this issue.

He doesn't even identify with regular blacks. But I'll just leave it at that. We gotta stop letting half-breeds rile us up, while they fade to the shadows when things get heated.

The term is Bi racial not Half breed

Old 03-30-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The idea of privilege is just a way of saying someone's to incompetent to do something so they'd rather blame everyone else for their own failures.
Thats not what white privilege means. Y'all still think it's about money class and being able to accomplish things in life..

Old 03-30-2016, 05:59 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
The term is Bi racial not Half breed
Personally, I don't mind being called half breed as long as the person who calls me that don't mind being called full black breed or full white breed.

This said, bi racial people should always understand who are their people. Those who love them, race doesn't matter.

This said, my boyfriend is a white guy, he has dark brown hair (the same shade as mine), his brother is a blonde. I see white folks asking questions like "are you two related? You two must have different fathers." Can't really fix stupidity.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Personally, I don't mind being called half breed as long as the person who calls me that don't mind being called full black breed or full white breed.
Lol I get you. Makes sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies