Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:41 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times

Advertisements

Whenever there is a terrorist attack, we are overwhelmed by a bunch of vapid talking heads asking "What is it that the terrorists wants?" or "Why do they hate us?" or "Why us?"

It is especially annoying because the terrorists have told us quite explicitly that they hate us because we are infidels, they want an Islamic Caliphate, and that they feel that the West (and especially America) is what stands in their way for world domination and that once we are taken out the rest of the world will fall into line rather nicely.

I could go into more detail, but I will let the terrorists speak for themselves.

Here is remarkably prescient article about a Jordanian author who interviewed several high-ranking members of al-Qaeda (look at the predictions for the timeline for the Caliphate; specifically stages 3 to 5):

The Future of Terrorism: What al-Qaida Really Wants - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Here is the English translation of the book The Management of Barbarism (also known as The Management of Savagery) written by Abu Bakr Naji the former chief of al-Qaeda's overseas operations explaining a potential strategy for forming a new Caliphate (an extremely interesting read if you don't mind ending up on an NSA watch list):

https://azelin.files.wordpress.com/2...-will-pass.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Pretty much second the notion. Only thing I'll add is our political process, pundits, Internet PhDs, etc... Explaining what has already been said.

Honestly, I was very much for starting total war in 2002. When I saw how we prosecuted the Iraq war, I completely changed my tune. Since 2004, I've wanted to completely disengage from the war on terror. If one is going to fight, fight the most efficiently and brutally as capabilities allow. Or don't fight at all.

Yes, that means some innocents die. War is ugly.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Whenever there is a terrorist attack, we are overwhelmed by a bunch of vapid talking heads asking "What is it that the terrorists wants?" or "Why do they hate us?" or "Why us?"

It is especially annoying because the terrorists have told us quite explicitly that they hate us because we are infidels, they want an Islamic Caliphate, and that they feel that the West (and especially America) is what stands in their way for world domination and that once we are taken out the rest of the world will fall into line rather nicely.

I could go into more detail, but I will let the terrorists speak for themselves.

Here is remarkably prescient article about a Jordanian author who interviewed several high-ranking members of al-Qaeda (look at the predictions for the timeline for the Caliphate; specifically stages 3 to 5):

The Future of Terrorism: What al-Qaida Really Wants - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Here is the English translation of the book The Management of Barbarism (also known as The Management of Savagery) written by Abu Bakr Naji the former chief of al-Qaeda's overseas operations explaining a potential strategy for forming a new Caliphate (an extremely interesting read if you don't mind ending up on an NSA watch list):

https://azelin.files.wordpress.com/2...-will-pass.pdf
The reason they hate us is because we invade and occupy their sovereign nations. We desecrate their holy lands. We murder innocent people over there and our undying support for Israel.

They never messed with us until we went in and helped overthrow Iran, a government with democratically elected leaders, all over oil.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:55 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Pretty much second the notion. Only thing I'll add is our political process, pundits, Internet PhDs, etc... Explaining what has already been said.

Honestly, I was very much for starting total war in 2002. When I saw how we prosecuted the Iraq war, I completely changed my tune. Since 2004, I've wanted to completely disengage from the war on terror. If one is going to fight, fight the most efficiently and brutally as capabilities allow. Or don't fight at all.

Yes, that means some innocents die. War is ugly.
My thoughts exactly. George Bush said Islam is not the enemy and he was dead wrong...Islam is a hateful destructive treasonous ideology that needs to be contained and destroyed if possible.

If you are not fighting to win, stay out of a fight because you are going to take some injuries and pain for nothing gained.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The reason they hate us is because we invade and occupy their sovereign nations. We desecrate their holy lands. We murder innocent people over there and our undying support for Israel.

They never messed with us until we went in and helped overthrow Iran, a government with democratically elected leaders, all over oil.
How about you actually read the links I posted? Look at what they have to say. You will get to see how wrong you are.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
How about you actually read the links I posted? Look at what they have to say. You will get to see how wrong you are.
This isn't much of a rebuttal to a very good point.

"Herp derp go read muh stuff." Dude nobody has time or interest to read some 268-page PDF about terrorism. If you can't summarize it in two sentences then you're in the wrong place.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:31 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Muslims/Arabs haven't won a war against a non Islamic army since the days of the Ottoman Empire. And that's not going to change.

quality over quantity.

there's an old joke that went something like, what's the shortest book ever written? "Arab War Victories"

Last edited by Northeastah; 03-31-2016 at 08:50 AM..

Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
in case they missed it, their 4th phase didn't quite go as planned. There are 22 Arab countries. The Arab spring started in Tunisia and then impacted: Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan.

Nothing significant changed in Tunisia, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia or Jordan. Egypt is back on course now that the MB was overthrown.

attacks against oil suppliers? where? cyber attacks - nothing meaningful. Sorry their manifesto didn't quite work out.

"The Fourth Phase Between 2010 and 2013, Hussein writes that al-Qaida will aim to bring about the collapse of the hated Arabic governments. The estimate is that "the creeping loss of the regimes' power will lead to a steady growth in strength within al-Qaida." At the same time attacks will be carried out against oil suppliers and the US economy will be targeted using cyber terrorism."

Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This isn't much of a rebuttal to a very good point.

"Herp derp go read muh stuff." Dude nobody has time or interest to read some 268-page PDF about terrorism. If you can't summarize it in two sentences then you're in the wrong place.
"Too long; didn't read" is your comment?

It is an actual al-Qaeda document that is distributed to both ISIS and al-Jabhat Nusra fighters explaining the goals and methods of Islamic terrorism. Most of what he said does not factor into it and it is in their own words.

But I do give you credit to openly admit that you are too lazy and intellectually stunted to challenge your worldview by actually learning about things that you have strong opinions about.

You are everything wrong with American politics.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:24 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
All one has to do is look as the Hamas Charter to know what they say, put in writing and brainwash their followers with is a bunch of BS. Look at the leaders and their inner circles and see what they have: Money & Power. It's all about Tribalism and being the top tribe. The PLO has been around for over 50 years and has done 100's of terrorist attacks and what have they gained? Money & Power. There is no difference between them and the current groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies