Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 06:57 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times

Advertisements

Anybody going to laugh when their crime and drugs skyrockets?

Welcome to the new Communist States Of Amerika. Step out of line and lose your property to the entitled poor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,651,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Anybody going to laugh when their crime and drugs skyrockets?

Welcome to the new Communist States Of Amerika. Step out of line and lose your property to the entitled poor.
They won't be laughing but they will be afraid of complaining because of fear of being called racist. When they no longer feel safe walking down their own street or they don't feel safe letting their kids go to the bus stop alone. They can thank Obama and remember how they embrace diversity at any cost. Gotta love diversity!

Old 04-09-2016, 07:08 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
They won't be laughing but they will be afraid of complaining because of fear of being called racist. When they no longer feel safe walking down their own street or they don't feel safe letting their kids go to the bus stop alone. They can thank Obama and remember how they embrace diversity at any cost. Gotta love diversity!
Alot of people have never been safe in their own neighborhoods for years. Hence, many want to leave, and do so when they get a chance. My workplace is a short drive from MLK Drive, and I bet the kids living there don't feel safe living there.

I won't be laughing because I have relatives who are from rough areas. Many who got the chance to get out did. My father grew up in a rough neighborhood. As soon as laws outlawing housing discrimination were put in place, the middle class Blacks in his neighborhood left, and never returned. When my father got a job in another city, he soon left as well.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I assess this situation. Anyone can be low income. Anyone who is low income can get Section 8. I'm going to call it as I see it. This is about poor Black residents going to wealthier White areas. I don't think this would be seen as an issue if it was poor Whites going into wealthier White areas. Or at the very least, it would be looked at as strictly a low income issue and not a race issue. I notice from the same naysayers of this program, very little said about gentrification. When low income residents can no longer afford to rent where they once did, silence from said individuals.

When it comes to things like Section 8, I don't think about race, until I see articles bringing up terms like "wealthy Whites" and "diversify". Maybe it's because diversity has not been something I've been afraid of. I know I could get killed easily in a homogeneous area. I work near neighborhoods that aren't diverse and I wouldn't live in them. Being homogeneous does not mean safety.
Maybe in Atlanta it's a Black/anglo white thing. Here in Arizona the rich whites or wannabe rich white people like in Scottsdale DON'T like lower income white people. In other words; IF you're a rich Black dude, the rich white people would RATHER have you as a neighbor.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:10 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Diversity is good but forcing it on people where they live? What a stupid idea.

Why can't the program money be put into the poor neighborhoods and paths created for the poor people to move up and out if they can and actually want to.

In Obamas utopian world this sounds like a good idea but back in reality there are some people you just can't help like the drug dealing gang bangers that hang out on the corners in the hood will just be hanging out on the corners of suburbia. And to say that the white kids won't be influenced by the black thugs is stupid. White kids are already listening to rap music, how do they relate to that?

People like to live around like minded people that have similar incomes. If the neighborhood is forced to take in less affluent families be they black, white or anything things are not going work in the long run.

Give people a chance to move up and out on their own and they will certainly feel better about themselves then if they are just handed a pile of money and a house. Teach a man how to fish VS giving him a fish.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There's going to be a whole lot of moving on up!

Articles: Obama Administration Sticking it to Whitey

HUD mandates
Quote:
In a nutshell, thanks to Washington’s money and political pressure, thousands of poor blacks will now be re-located from Baltimore’s slums to upgraded housing in the surrounding, nearly all-white suburbs.
We've already been there and done that countless times and it always plays out the same way.
  1. The government relocates projects into mid-to-upper class neighborhoods or otherwise pushes a massive influx of minorities in.
  2. The wealthy people there leave in droves.
  3. Now you have abandoned nice houses everywhere -- kick in the door and you got yourself a house.
  4. The nice houses get wrecked.
  5. The nice part of town gradually becomes a total craphole slum.

That's pretty much what happened to Gary, Indiana and a bunch of other towns in America. The results are quite predictable. When rich people feel their exclusive neighborhood is being invaded by people they perceive as poor, dirty, criminal and above all else property value wreckers -- they just leave and let the newcomers wreck the place.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:17 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe in Atlanta it's a Black/anglo white thing. Here in Arizona the rich whites or wannabe rich white people like in Scottsdale DON'T like lower income white people. In other words; IF you're a rich Black dude, the rich white people would RATHER have you as a neighbor.
There are areas of metro Atlanta a rich Black person could live in. Alot of money will cover a multitude of things. However, depending on where you live, you can find poor White areas not that far away from rich White areas. Phoenix is an example of the West. The Atlanta area is a metro area that is trying very hard to play with the big dogs. On the other hand, you can still find the Old South if you dig deep enough. The town I live in, there are Confederate flags flying in some yards, particularly the older, poorer areas.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:20 PM

455 posts, read 283,407 times
This program is different becuse it sprinkles people around instead of putting them all in the same place.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Social engineering that is very much unwanted by many......this is why so many cannot stand Fedgov.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
This program is different becuse it sprinkles people around instead of putting them all in the same place.
Maybe because decent people of ANY "race" DON'T want PWT/hood rats being forced on them? I don't want their kind near me, even IF they're the SAME race as me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies