Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 03:05 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many vape because they think it is safer than cigarettes, which some studies say it isn't. Some vape to look cool. It is just trading one addiction for another.

I would listen to people who vape and can now breathe before listening to idiots who do studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I tried it for awhile and it actually helped me to cut way down on smoking tobacco. Unfortunately it also affected my breathing negatively. I stopped, and viola... I could breath again.

Vaping may not have the tar and many other chemicals that tobacco has, but it certainly introduces an entirely new batch of chemicals which may be even more harmful.

I'd say the bulk do, because this is how Blu and others are marketed. I have several units that will never be charged again because I do not believe it is safe.

I would suggest you lower the PG content and up the VG content. I couldn't handle all PG. It dried me out to where I could barely talk.

And btw, the PG used in ecigs is FOOD GRADE. It is not anti-freeze, as some would have you believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

I think this is what politicians should be focusing on. That whether or not you believe vaping is completely safe, its most likely safer if not much safer than smoking and at the very least for people who don't smoke or vape, at least we don't have to deal with the horrible smell of second hand smoke and have to inhale that crap.

So I don't understand why politicians wouldn't allow vaping when it helps some people reduce or even quit their smoking habit which is worse. And trading a really bad habit for a less worse one that doesn't annoy and irritate other people nearly as much seems like a good thing to me.

Uh...do you really think politicians are going to give up the easy money tobacco lobbying is putting into their pockets?

Now you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Maybe the hipster aspect of it will die off, but the tobacco replacement will only grow. Maybe one day enough people will quit smoking through vaping, and then quit vaping.

I'm not so sure though because smoking/vaping is as much about the act as it is the drug. Vaping may or may not be healthier than tobacco, for many it isn't, but it is still a habit and an addiction.

I vaped for just 2 months, and even though I slowed way down on tobacco... I also ended up in the emergency three times in a week because I couldn't breath. Have not vaped again, and even though I'm still struggling with smoking tobacco, I can breath.

Same answer, second time:

I would suggest you lower the PG content and up the VG content. I couldn't handle all PG. It dried me out to where I could barely talk.

And btw, the PG used in ecigs is FOOD GRADE. It is not anti-freeze, as some would have you believe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have asked 3 cardiologists about vaping. They have all told me "as far as they know" it is safe, or at least much safer than cigarettes.

And the minute someone, anyone, particularly the lying media, equates ecigs to tobacco, run from them. They are reading a script prepared by a complete idiot who apparently missed the fact that there is NO tobacco in ecigs.

As for how vaping appears to the public, I still use a battery modeled after real cigarettes. A little bigger, unremarkable in appearance. These days, people seem to think the bigger the bong, the more impressive they look. I agree it looks just plain stupid. My 1100 mAh batteries and regular Joye 510 atomizers don't emit the clouds of vaper the silly ones emit. I get enough of a hit to quell my addiction to tobacco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 03:56 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
For most people it is a combination of nicotine addiction and money. People are addicted to nicotine and vaping costs considerably less than a pack of cigarettes. People that do not smoke starting to vape? That would be stupidity.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:18 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
For most people it is a combination of nicotine addiction and money. People are addicted to nicotine and vaping costs considerably less than a pack of cigarettes. People that do not smoke starting to vape? That would be stupidity.
You're right about addiction and money.

As for people who don't smoke, I suppose starting to vape is no dumber than those who start smoking. I don't know how many people smoke their first cigarette every day. Knowing what we know now, and knowing how much more crap is in cigarettes than 30, 40, 50 years ago, why would anyone start? Back when I started smoking, it was cool. Now I guess vaping is cool.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:39 PM

84 posts, read 105,863 times
Vaping helps people who smoke to kick the habit and get their nicotine in a healthier way than cigs. It can also be an experience for people that want to try it if they so choose. Cig and cigar smoke just stinks when it gets on you. Vape doesn't have that kind of smell.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I assume this means you're going to stop breathing.

I've been vaping for about 8 years. I started when Obama signed SCHIP, which quadrupled the cost of cigarettes. Within a month, I had stopped coughing and felt like a new person.

Hope this answers the OP's question.
So, what does a pack of cigarettes cost now? Must be $25 if the price quadrupled.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:17 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmJamie View Post
Vaping helps people who smoke to kick the habit and get their nicotine in a healthier way than cigs. It can also be an experience for people that want to try it if they so choose. Cig and cigar smoke just stinks when it gets on you. Vape doesn't have that kind of smell.
It's not healthier. It still has nicotine. And there is no healthy way to get nicotine. Nicotine is an addiction.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:28 AM

511 posts, read 402,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not healthier. It still has nicotine. And there is no healthy way to get nicotine. Nicotine is an addiction.
Nicotine, on it's own, is a stimulant that's yet to be proven more harmful (or addictive) than caffeine. You gonna harp on coffee drinkers next, because it's shades of the same?

Old 09-02-2016, 05:16 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmJamie View Post
I have yet to meet anyone who has stopped smoking because of vaping. As an ex-smoker myself I don't see how all these fancy flavored vaping liquids I hear advertised is an enticement to switch. When I did smoke I liked the flavor of a regular cigarette I would find "cotton candy" or "fruit loops" disgusting to be inhaling.

Vaping is just a way to take nicotine and is just as addictive....

Old 09-02-2016, 05:26 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogg View Post
What is the appeal of vaping? Is it considered macho, edgy, quirky, sexy, alternative, or...? I understand the pop culture mythology of cigarettes, but I can't figure out the vape subculture. The majority of vapers I have encountered vape very conspicuously, blowing huge clouds of steam in public, so it seems to be something they consider cool. Help me "get it"?

Some. People. Must. Have. Nicotine.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:37 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Product development. Free enterprise. Business. Supply and demand. Variety.

The Company's that make vape units and juice can spin it any way they want. Flavor, cheaper than cigarettes, help stop smoking cigarettes. Well what a surprise, mentioning the competition - cigarettes. There's obviously a market for the product so why not? Plus you have the variety of different levels of nicotine in the juice, from hitest cigarette levels to none whatsoever. So there are those who "smoke" without the pure dangers of cigarettes. And vapes target smokers and non-smokers, a larger potential buying public. There's plenty of bad stuff sold all the time, like alcohol. Let's debate that then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies