Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

What percentage of white people are murdered by other white people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How much higher? How does that compare to other races?

Wrong question. I don't think it matters how it compares to other races. For example, let's say crime spiked in the white community, and it was roughly the same in terms of raw numbers for white people. Would this mean that it impacts a large number of white people? No, it would simply mean that crime among white people have spiked, but it would not be at an epidemic level where the average white person would be compelled to stop it. If anything the majority of white people would probably have no idea why crime has spiked, or if it did, they would just say it was a segment of the white population. And they would be right. It wouldn't really be their issue to fix. Mathematically, they really shouldn't care.

Mathematically speaking, black people shouldn't care about black on black crime unless we can prove that it's a near epidemic level, and is a growing trend in the black community. But violent crime has gone down in 20 years and this includes for black people.

As an aside, there was a rap movement in the late 80s, early 90s which talked about addressing issues of black on black crime. And it was considered a huge priority by most black leaders like Farakhan. So blacks have prioritized it in the past. And it appears to with the decline of high murder rates in the black community it appears to have been effective. I know you're one of those people who probably love to talk about black crime. But you really should read history, attitudes in the black community have more or less changed in regards to black on black crime.

I think if blacks felt it was an issue, they would be the first to address it. But they aren't because it's not impacting them as a whole. And statistics prove this.

Now if you wonder why black on black crime is high in some places? Well, what is something that blacks deal with that whites and asians don't. Oh yeah, a bad public image, and the lack of education a priority in black culture. While many black parents definitely do promote education, they do usually aren't that critical of their children education like white and Asian parents.

So the key here is fixing education in the black community. If you fix education, then whatever crime there is in the black community will more than likely go away.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
FWIW, I actually do agree with the OP on the issue of crime.

In regards to police, the cited statistics are old and the 12% you speak about is in regards to searches, as you mentioned. As stated blacks are 3 times more likely to be searched by police, even though many statistics and studies show that whites actually are much more likely to have drugs or guns especially in their vehicles than black people.

Police are searching black drivers more often, but finding more illegal stuff with white drivers

On average, black people are stopped 3-5 times more often than whites, so IMO issues that BLM advocates for are of a concern to the average black person who doesn't really concern themselves with violent crime.

FWIW, I have a nephew who recent got a license (he is 19). He bought his first car in February. He has been stopped by police 6 times already (it is only April) and he has yet to receive a ticket. He has had his car searched once. All this happened in 2 months time.

FWIW, he is a college student and got stopped once by the college police. The others he was stopped by our local police department and looked at/questioned, searched once and subsequently let go.

IMO that is an issue. Someone should not be stopped just because they are driving and are a black male in a particular neighborhood. Twice when he was stopped he was visiting his grandmother. She lives in an area that is not all that great but she has never had issues there with crime.

On crime, most people in general are not affected by violent crime. Black people are no different and a majority of us know that if you don't associated with people who are involved in crimes, odds are, today especially, you will never have to deal with those sorts of issues. Even if you live in bad neighborhoods this is the case. I usually always live in bad neighborhoods and have never had an issue with violent crime.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But real black people keep voting for those "white elite liberals", by wide margin.
This goes back to education. Black people in general don't know what policies they're voting for. And mis-education about politics is something that's is intentional. The public education system usually teach black kids horrible economics and civics.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Wrong question. I don't think it matters how it compares to other races. For example, let's say crime spiked in the white community, and it was roughly the same in terms of raw numbers for white people. Would this mean that it impacts a large number of white people? No, it would simply mean that crime among white people have spiked, but it would not be at an epidemic level where the average white person would be compelled to stop it. If anything the majority of white people would probably have no idea why crime has spiked, or if it did, they would just say it was a segment of the white population. And they would be right. It wouldn't really be their issue to fix. Mathematically, they really shouldn't care.

Mathematically speaking, black people shouldn't care about black on black crime unless we can prove that it's a near epidemic level, and is a growing trend in the black community. But violent crime has gone down in 20 years and this includes for black people.

As an aside, there was a rap movement in the late 80s, early 90s which talked about addressing issues of black on black crime. And it was considered a huge priority by most black leaders like Farakhan. So blacks have prioritized it in the past. And it appears to with the decline of high murder rates in the black community it appears to have been effective. I know you're one of those people who probably love to talk about black crime. But you really should read history, attitudes in the black community have more or less changed in regards to black on black crime.

I think if blacks felt it was an issue, they would be the first to address it. But they aren't because it's not impacting them as a whole. And statistics prove this.

Now if you wonder why black on black crime is high in some places? Well, what is something that blacks deal with that whites and asians don't. Oh yeah, a bad public image, and the lack of education a priority in black culture. While many black parents definitely do promote education, they do usually aren't that critical of their children education like white and Asian parents.

So the key here is fixing education in the black community. If you fix education, then whatever crime there is in the black community will more than likely go away.

Wrong questions or questions that you are afraid to answer? Let's see those numbers please.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Wrong questions or questions that you are afraid to answer? Let's see those numbers please.
It's higher compared to other races. Now are you concerned as to why, or do you think you already know the answer?

You're probably a race realist, and you probably think it's genetic.

And you would be right, but only partially. Black people do have something called the "warrior gene" or MAOA. Black people DO have a high concentration of it compared to white people, but NOT compared to Asians. Asians also have the "warrior gene".

Old 04-13-2016, 08:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
I also will add that there are still many black people who are working to curtail crime in poor black neighborhoods. This is not something that has dissipated from the 80s/90s movement which the OP described above. It was more of an issue then though, I do agree because crime was outrageous during that era and especially so in black neighborhoods.

This is why I repeatedly state on these forums that crime has gone down. I do remember being witness to violence and violent crime in the late 80s and early 90s in particular. I knew people shot in drive-by's and people who were murdered and people who were raped or beat up and had their shoes/coats stolen off their bodies. Stuff like that just does not occur today like it used to in black neighborhoods.

But some of those neighborhoods do still have issues and they still have groups that fight to remedy those issues.

Chicago comes to mind because people like to talk about it so much in the media and its shootings and murders. In Chicago, crime was MUCH worse in the 80s and 90s, even in the 1970s it was worse (I know someone who had 3 members of their family murdered in Chicago in the 1970s on the same day, my husband had quite a few family members murdered there as well in the 1970s).

The violence there was much more widespread back then. Today it is mostly concentrated in 3-4 neighborhoods. There are still organizations in those neighborhoods working to decrease crime, including NOI (Farakhan and his organization) today.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:56 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Black people don't make Black on Black crime a priority, because crime is significantly down in the Black Community. It has gone down every year since 1994, so it's a significant downward tend. So every year, black and black crime impacts black people less and less. Hence this is why the average black is becoming less and less impacted by black on black crime. This also means that on average less and black people know victims of perpetrators of black on black crime as well. So if something doesn't directly impact someone, then this means that in general people aren't going to prioritize it. Statistically speaking, there is no way on average black people would know a victim of black on black violence, or have any association with black on black violence.

So one would ask next "well why are black incarceration rates so high?" And this is simple. Black incarceration rates almost all come from drug abuse or distribution of drugs. These are mostly non-violent offenses.

Now in terms of Black Lives Matter. Is the average black person harassed by police?

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Traffic Stops

Here are some interesting statistics. Blacks are more likely to be stopped by police, but even this number is 12%. But we we can tell, that the numbers are nearly the same in terms of traffic stops. However blacks are more likely to be search, which will cause a bad situations.

However 12% isn't enough to be an epidemic. So I would say Black Lives Matter really has no purpose for existing either. This does not mean that Black On Black crime should be a priority for black people either.

I would say black people should focus more on education, and economics. Since the real issue for black people mostly seem to be government expansion, and the government killing blacks ability to grow and start businesses. This cause generational poverty, which is a symptom for all of the other issues we talk about.
This is a ridiculous post on so many levels. Being that you live in Philly, this has to be some kind of a troll thread or a joke. Virtually any black youth that grows up in an area with a significant black population has been affected by black on black violence in some way. Only someone completely untethered from reality could dispute this.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I also will add that there are still many black people who are working to curtail crime in poor black neighborhoods. This is not something that has dissipated from the 80s/90s movement which the OP described above. It was more of an issue then though, I do agree because crime was outrageous during that era and especially so in black neighborhoods.

This is why I repeatedly state on these forums that crime has gone down. I do remember being witness to violence and violent crime in the late 80s and early 90s in particular. I knew people shot in drive-by's and people who were murdered and people who were raped or beat up and had their shoes/coats stolen off their bodies. Stuff like that just does not occur today like it used to in black neighborhoods.

But some of those neighborhoods do still have issues and they still have groups that fight to remedy those issues.

Chicago comes to mind because people like to talk about it so much in the media and its shootings and murders. In Chicago, crime was MUCH worse in the 80s and 90s, even in the 1970s it was worse (I know someone who had 3 members of their family murdered in Chicago in the 1970s on the same day, my husband had quite a few family members murdered there as well in the 1970s).

The violence there was much more widespread back then. Today it is mostly concentrated in 3-4 neighborhoods. There are still organizations in those neighborhoods working to decrease crime, including NOI (Farakhan and his organization) today.

Crime surrounding crack cocaine has gone down. We have to remember that in the 80s and 90s it was basically the Wild Wild West when it comes to crack. First generation crack heads have more or less died off, or reformed. And there is less of a market for crack. Also less dealers are willing to touch crack because it's too violent of a game to get into. In the 80s just about everyone who dealt drugs messed with crack to a degree.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:00 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
It's higher compared to other races. Now are you concerned as to why, or do you think you already know the answer?

You're probably a race realist, and you probably think it's genetic.

And you would be right, but only partially. Black people do have something called the "warrior gene" or MAOA. Black people DO have a high concentration of it compared to white people, but NOT compared to Asians. Asians also have the "warrior gene".
How high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies