Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 07:05 AM

248 posts, read 172,612 times

Advertisements

NOPE…not the government or any other fabricated excuse…
PARENTS SUCK!
The quality of parenting in low income households is an absolute joke...animals in the wild do a better job. Kids need to know that you have expectations they MUST meet...it's not a choice, it's an absolute demand...period! Children need to be micro-managed, mentored, pushed, encouraged, disciplined, held accountable...etc. They need to truly believe that they are SUPPOSE to be successful. Being a good parent is not easy and it takes a lot of work…apparently loser parents on welfare with no job and funded by me can't find the time to put into their kids...They keep their baby factory running and turning out more of the same that I will pay for…UNBELIEVABLE!
This country is made up of excuse makers. In the real world when real people face challenges they usually get to that fork in the road where good decision making (or bad happens). Do I blame some source that I have no control over for my shortcomings and quit trying or do I put my head down and conquer? If society is always telling you that you aren't to blame, it's not your fault and your held back by everybody else...well what kind of philosophies will kids adopt?...What can we expect? Life and success or failure always boils down to your decision making processes. If you're a bad decision maker you're usually a loser....simple.

Let me tell you how simple this is...a simple recipe to succeed in this country:
Learn to speak the english language CLEARLY...rid yourself of any foreign or illiterate accents. Look, dress and act like a legitimate human. (you know exactly what that means)
Go to school...ride a bus, ride your bike, walk...whatever...get educated.
Wake up early and always think about being proactive and productive.
Set and attain goals...surround yourself with others with goals.
Never ever blame others for your struggles.
Don't break the law. Respect others and their property.
Work...get a job, keep a job until you find your next better job. Ride a bus, ride a bike, walk...just WORK!
Lead your family....Always remind yourself that your kids did not ask to be born...you owe them your very best.
Spend every minute of every day of the rest of your life doing better or thinking about doing better.

There you go people...STOP ALL THE EXCUSE MAKING AND GET TO WORK...it's just that simple. Send me royalty checks please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:28 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Parenting is a serious problem in our country. Most are not prepared to raise children, and are immature themselves. To say this is the "root problem" I believe is an overstatement. Accountability and personal responsibility rarely exist anymore, and we are too afraid at hurting kids feelings (they get over it). Our President, gov't police, court system, etc set the example for no accountability however. Finally, I believe the "root problem" in our nation is a falling away from God.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Looking at the behavior of the Texas 'affluenza' teen and his parents I'd say blaming only low-income parents doesn't come close to identifying the problem.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:01 AM

248 posts, read 172,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Looking at the behavior of the Texas 'affluenza' teen and his parents I'd say blaming only low-income parents doesn't come close to identifying the problem.
Now now...lets only waste our time talking about the masses...the greater percentages...nobody really cares about the .000000002% of people do they?
Did you know in this country there are 11 people incarcerated from Trinidad and Tobago. What an epidemic; lets talk it. What's wrong with people from that country? (Facetiously speaking)

Old 04-22-2016, 08:07 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
I largely agree, though don't think it's the root problem of the entire country - but more specifically one community.

It's laughable when people say inner city schools are so bad b/c of money. No, they are so bad b/c of the kids attending them. I thought really pushing that narrative would be Obama's lasting legacy - unfortunately, it has been the exact opposite, and done harm that will be felt for generations.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:09 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
I think the root problem in this country is the right wing war on the poor.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:12 AM

13,690 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
PARENTS SUCK!
The quality of parenting in low income households is an absolute joke...animals in the wild do a better job. Kids need to know that you have expectations they MUST meet...it's not a choice, it's an absolute demand...period! Children need to be micro-managed, mentored, pushed, encouraged, disciplined, held accountable...etc. They need to truly believe that they are SUPPOSE to be successful. Being a good parent is not easy and it takes a lot of work…apparently loser parents on welfare with no job and funded by me can't find the time to put into their kids...They keep their baby factory running and turning out more of the same that I will pay for…UNBELIEVABLE!
This country is made up of excuse makers. In the real world when real people face challenges they usually get to that fork in the road where good decision making (or bad happens). Do I blame some source that I have no control over for my shortcomings and quit trying or do I put my head down and conquer? If society is always telling you that you aren't to blame, it's not your fault and your held back by everybody else...well what kind of philosophies will kids adopt?...What can we expect? Life and success or failure always boils down to your decision making processes. If you're a bad decision maker you're usually a loser....simple.

Let me tell you how simple this is...a simple recipe to succeed in this country:
Learn to speak the english language CLEARLY...rid yourself of any foreign or illiterate accents. Look, dress and act like a legitimate human. (you know exactly what that means)
Work...get a job, keep a job until you find your next better job. Ride a bus, ride a bike, walk...just WORK!
Lead your family....Always remind yourself that your kids did not ask to be born...you owe them your very best.
Spend every minute of every day of the rest of your life doing better or thinking about doing better.

There you go people...STOP ALL THE EXCUSE MAKING AND GET TO WORK...it's just that simple. Send me royalty checks please.

I agree. People need to get to work. In my job I see all sorts of people claiming that they can't work due to small injuries.

Say, how did your application for disability turn out, after you injured your knee stepping off a boat trailer?

Question about short term state disability...need help please.

Did you ever find that Caucasian doctor you were looking for?

Will I be thought of as a racist if I request a caucasian doctor?

It is gratifying that you speak of how 'we don't care or need people to care about our well being'

Why do poor whites try so hard to identify with the white elite?

Did you get in trouble for not appearing for jury service?

I didn't respond to a jury summons...now I'm in trouble...need help

I hope your trouble with the IRS was fixed:

I didn't respond to a jury summons...now I'm in trouble...need help

Anyway, I am sure that people herein will be gratified receiving life lessons from you.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:12 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Parents have the guvt to raise their chillins now a days. Pay for their birth, pay for their edumication, pay for their meals, help buy them houses and cars. Uncle Sam has been a great sugar daddy.
Witness the result.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
PARENTS SUCK!

The root problem in our nation now, is the forced collectivism upon the people, by the very government that's only job is, to secure our rights and defend our soil and resources in the world.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:18 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I think the root problem in this country is the right wing war on the poor.
No. It's the left wing keeping them poor, dependent and then promising them entitlements for votes.
Then they engage in identity politics like class warfare or race baiting so the cycle continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies