Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Your own AARP:" Sorry I have NOTHING to do with the VERY biased aarp, and wouldn't believe a word they say.

YOUR own "assumptions" proves you are VERY biased.
What unsupported assumption was made by me?

'Your own' as in American Assoc. of Retired Persons. I wouldn't doubt you wouldn't believe a word they say; they're a reputable published source instead of an anecdotal bit of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 07:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" that more than overshadows your usual bullcrap about something you know nothing about:"

Right! I have PERSONAL experience and it is is bull crap.

You do have any idea how ignorant you sound?
You do remember you posted about a third party experience and not a "PERSONAL" experience do you not?

To wit: "I sincerely HOPE none of the get cancer at 70 years of age.

I had a good friend living in the U.S, she married a Canadian, and when he died she stayed here.

When she got cancer here, she was getting Chemo treatments and was improving.

Her family wanted to "come home" so they could help her.

Upon getting back to Canada she went to the doctor. They told her she could NOT get Chemo because SHE WAS TOO OLD AND COULDN'T JUSTIFY THE COST.

3 months later she died."

You do realize that no one will be told (in either country) that the sole reason for recommending a termination of chemo would be an age of 70 do you not? Discrimination laws exist for a reason; you know this too, do you not? Care to peruse any of the government of Canada websites to verify that cancer patients receive a full spectrum of treatments regardless of age due solely to expectation of efficacy of treatment for outcome?

Your story defies belief because it makes no sense whatsoever. On the one hand you state she was American who married a Canadian and lived in the U.S. Upon the Canadian husbands death HER American family suggested she come home to Canada? .....Uh, she was already home with HER family in America was she not? Next up you suggest she travels to her HUSBANDS home country and was refused continued chemo because of her age of 70 which is unmitigated "bullcrap".

In what part of your country would a foreign national just arrive and expect uninterrupted continuation of chemo without ever having been a citizen covered under any of the medical care plans?

As a Canadian living in the U.S., her husbands medical overage was terminated the moment he exceeded the allowed "days out of country", the maximum of which is 212 days out. Upon his return he would have had to wait 3 months for re-entitlement of his healthcare and would have had to pay the existing provincial premium for that program. How is it she tells you she was denied solely for age related reasons when I can think of any number of other reasons she, as a foreign national never having lived in Canada, would be denied uninterrupted continuation of her chemo.

Now; in the remote situation where she was also a Canadian, which your post makes anything BUT clear; were she out of country for those 212 days, she was also NOT covered for any healthcare provisions in Canada for the same reason and the same waiting period would apply.

OHIP Coverage Waiting Period - Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) - Publications - Public Information - MOHLTC

Do you have any idea how duplicitous you sound? Making up stuff is bad enough but calling it personal experience when it was anything but .....is.......well...... "bullcrap".

Last edited by BruSan; 04-29-2016 at 07:41 PM..

Old 04-30-2016, 12:05 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You do remember you posted about a third party experience and not a "PERSONAL" experience do you not?

To wit: "I sincerely HOPE none of the get cancer at 70 years of age.

I had a good friend living in the U.S, she married a Canadian, and when he died she stayed here.

When she got cancer here, she was getting Chemo treatments and was improving.

Her family wanted to "come home" so they could help her.

Upon getting back to Canada she went to the doctor. They told her she could NOT get Chemo because SHE WAS TOO OLD AND COULDN'T JUSTIFY THE COST.

3 months later she died."

You do realize that no one will be told (in either country) that the sole reason for recommending a termination of chemo would be an age of 70 do you not? Discrimination laws exist for a reason; you know this too, do you not? Care to peruse any of the government of Canada websites to verify that cancer patients receive a full spectrum of treatments regardless of age due solely to expectation of efficacy of treatment for outcome?

Your story defies belief because it makes no sense whatsoever. On the one hand you state she was American who married a Canadian and lived in the U.S. Upon the Canadian husbands death HER American family suggested she come home to Canada? .....Uh, she was already home with HER family in America was she not? Next up you suggest she travels to her HUSBANDS home country and was refused continued chemo because of her age of 70 which is unmitigated "bullcrap".

In what part of your country would a foreign national just arrive and expect uninterrupted continuation of chemo without ever having been a citizen covered under any of the medical care plans?

As a Canadian living in the U.S., her husbands medical overage was terminated the moment he exceeded the allowed "days out of country", the maximum of which is 212 days out. Upon his return he would have had to wait 3 months for re-entitlement of his healthcare and would have had to pay the existing provincial premium for that program. How is it she tells you she was denied solely for age related reasons when I can think of any number of other reasons she, as a foreign national never having lived in Canada, would be denied uninterrupted continuation of her chemo.

Now; in the remote situation where she was also a Canadian, which your post makes anything BUT clear; were she out of country for those 212 days, she was also NOT covered for any healthcare provisions in Canada for the same reason and the same waiting period would apply.

OHIP Coverage Waiting Period - Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) - Publications - Public Information - MOHLTC

Do you have any idea how duplicitous you sound? Making up stuff is bad enough but calling it personal experience when it was anything but .....is.......well...... "bullcrap".
Good post BruSan. it's not the first time on CD that we've been handed stories that just don't pass the smell test.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerobbbin View Post
I am Canadian, stop lying. Our healthcare is far from perfect and you know it. I notice other Canadians online like to excessively brag about our system in order to **** off Americans. Not classy.
Nothing is perfect. Sure our system has it's challenges but it's light years ahead of American health care in it's delivery to the patient. I'm a big consumer of the Canadian healthcare system. I have had 17 major surgeries in my life and I experienced, for the most part world class care. I have some American cousins where a health problem has ruined the family completely. One cousin who eventually died of bowel cancer lost his business first then his home and then his life because he could get no care at all. During his final days he could not access pain meds and died in agony because he did not have any more MONEY!!!!! I will brag about our system and those Yanks would be greatly blessed to have such a system. However they can't have such a system. They could not administer a universal health care system. It would be corrupt, political, underfunded and most likely incompetent. The politicians would run it, their friends would exploit it and it would be nothing but a major screwup from the get go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies