Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I cannot afford to have children. I work hard and make a good income, but I'm forced to hand a large chunk of that income over to the government. They use this money to support the poor, who cannot afford to have children, but do anyway.

I'm sure there are many others who share in my experience.
Taxes are the lowest they have been in 40 years. Its not high taxes that are the problem, they are at record lows. Its the destruction of unions, weakening of the minimum wage, deregulation of Wall Street, weakening of anti-trust laws and anti-worker trade deals that are causing the financial squeeze for so many. And the solution is obvious: public funding of elections, so anyone can run for office, without having to beg the rich and the powerful for money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 04:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Theres a decline in Mexico??? I guess because they're coming over here to have them for free (to them) and they get thousands more for each baby they have. Most Americans have to pay for the births of their children, or whatever their insurance doesn't pay, so that can get expensive. We're more responsible because we don't have anyone paying our bills. I had 3 kids, and no medical insurance with any of them (this was before you had to have it) and we had to have all 3 paid off (Doctor and hospital) before the births. With my last one, he was an emergency C section, so we owed thousands more that we paid off monthly. Most people aren't going to have 8 kids when you have to pay for them yourselves.
Do you know what the stats are for foreign-born Mexicans giving birth in the US is?

Old 01-24-2017, 03:59 AM

1,230 posts, read 993,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Taxes are the lowest they have been in 40 years. Its not high taxes that are the problem, they are at record lows. Its the destruction of unions, weakening of the minimum wage, deregulation of Wall Street, weakening of anti-trust laws and anti-worker trade deals that are causing the financial squeeze for so many. And the solution is obvious: public funding of elections, so anyone can run for office, without having to beg the rich and the powerful for money.
Probably explains why birth rates and sex out of wedlock is higher among Mexicans born in US than illegal immigrants. If you a Mexican and gone to the US your chance of birth rate and sex out of wedlock is lower than Mexican in US.

Also crime is also higher among Mexicans born in the US than illegal immigrants.

So the border Wall they want to build will do nothing. Other than keep out Mexicans.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:15 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
Quote:
I cannot afford to have children. I work hard and make a good income, but I'm forced to hand a large chunk of that income over to the government. They use this money to support the poor, who cannot afford to have children, but do anyway.

+1 here. Everything is the same except I don't make a "good" income. I make an income but it's not nearly good enough to afford children.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:48 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Probably explains why birth rates and sex out of wedlock is higher among Mexicans born in US than illegal immigrants. If you a Mexican and gone to the US your chance of birth rate and sex out of wedlock is lower than Mexican in US.

Also crime is also higher among Mexicans born in the US than illegal immigrants.

So the border Wall they want to build will do nothing. Other than keep out Mexicans.

If it keeps out Mexicans and others from entering our country illegally then it will have served its purpose.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
In the 90's there was lots of Mexicans having kids and lots of kids. It even had high number of teens having kids. But now birth rate is really decline in Mexico for some strange reason.

Not sure if it is birth control pills or abortion. Or the cost of living really gone up or what.
Cultures change.

Some countries like Italy or Spain: the birthrate's so LOW the governments are getting worried cause not enough babies are born to replace the citizens dying.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Cultures change.

Some countries like Italy or Spain: the birthrate's so LOW the governments are getting worried cause not enough babies are born to replace the citizens dying.
Some people say Trump policy on NAFTA and trade will hurt Mexico so bad that Mexico will go into deep poverty.

Part of the reason for Mexicans having less kids now and teens having less kids now is the economy is better now than the 90's.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:25 PM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
My friend and I were discussing the amount of income needed for a semi comfortable suburban, 2 kid lifestyle.

She thinks 250K.

In my own family, it is closer to 150. That explains a lot about not having a bunch of kids.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My friend and I were discussing the amount of income needed for a semi comfortable suburban, 2 kid lifestyle.

She thinks 250K.

In my own family, it is closer to 150. That explains a lot about not having a bunch of kids.
It normally poor countries that have more kids and first world countries less kids.

Countries that have strong culture norms where the female stay at home and do not work and look after the house and kids well the guy goes to work.

Mexico is better economy now than the 90's and before. But Trump new NAFTA and trade will hurt Mexico causing really harsh economic times in Mexico.

Also the American Culture like a big house, SUV and buy and buy is less known for other countries. Living in apartment with 6 kids well the mom stay home and look after the kids, does the cleaning,cooking and have no job!! Well the dad goes to work is not culture shock but would be to Americans.

Mexicans born in Mexico or born in US are better off today and have more money than the 90's and before.

Africa is a Agriculture society and they have lots of kids to help work on the land and the fact that most die off because of disease you have lots of kids. When countries industrialize and people move to city get god paying job people have less kids.

But now with Trump new NAFTA and trade Mexicans are going to start to have lots of kids and the drug cartel is going to really take of than ever before. More people are going try to get into the US and more are going to turn to crime.

Mexican life was starting to do better but now with NAFTA things are going to start to get really bad. The drug cartel is going to get really bad and people trying to get into the US.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
i cannot afford to have children. I work hard and make a good income, but i'm forced to hand a large chunk of that income over to the government. They use this money to support the poor, who cannot afford to have children, but do anyway.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies