Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:42 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

I have a HS friend that uses Obama pictured TP...real class act. I did get a laugh at it but that type of low class below the belt behavior is better suited for Liberals, they're expert at it. I doubt my friend will be asked to make any commencement speeches at an Ivy College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:49 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
".....the cafe features Obama's face on toilet paper in its restrooms, while toilet mats bear the colors of the U.S. flag...."

Over-the-top disrespectful and low class, IMO.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:51 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Who cares? I've got a news flash for y'all - most of the world already views America with some level of disrespect, and it has very little effect on the way I get through my day or the way the country conducts its business. As for disrespecting Obama, I don't respect him very much myself - so why should I care if someone else doesn't respect him?

Complete non-issue. There are plenty of other things that are a lot more worth worrying about than toilet paper. But it's funny that the people who seem to be getting the most upset over it tend to be the same crowd who goes around braying that they don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Who are you going to hate once he's gone. Obama withdrawal syndrome for the curmudgeons amongst us.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
On the one (non-wiping) hand - it's disrespectful to the country.

On the other (wiping) hand - Obama is a polarizing figure, disliked by many - including myself.

I gotta go with the disrespect angle on this. This is over the line - especially with the flag as the mat on the floor. However - dealing with it publicly could cause more damage. We could put Putin-paper on our rolls in the stalls.

Russians Make Barack Obama Ice Cream and Toilet Paper
U.S. officials expressed huge irritation after due to a Russian company that is trying to cash in on chilly relations between Moscow and Washington by releasing an ice cream called "Little Obama," which comes after a Russian cafe called Vladimir Putin has Barack Obama's face on toilet paper in their bathrooms.

With relations at a post-Cold War low since Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea and its military intervention in Syria, Russian state media and pro-Kremlin activists have often berated and mocked President Barack Obama in terms that U.S. officials have described as racist and insulting.

Slavitsa is based in Krasnoyarsk, a Siberian city that hit the headlines last month after a cafe dedicated to Vladimir Putin opened there, luring visitors with dozens of pictures of the Russian president. The cafe features Obama's face on toilet paper in its restrooms, while toilet mats bear the colors of the U.S. flag.
I guess the other thing is that this is one place - it's not a countrywide effort, so maybe you overlook it for now.
If the paper works as good as most other things that are Obama's signature, I doubt it would work.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Who are you going to hate once he's gone. Obama withdrawal syndrome for the curmudgeons amongst us.
They disliked George H. Bush, Clinton, George W, and Obama. So not anything new.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Where can I buy me some?
Stole my thunder.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
".....the cafe features Obama's face on toilet paper in its restrooms, while toilet mats bear the colors of the U.S. flag...."

Over-the-top disrespectful and low class, IMO.
Just like liberals burning the US flag, peeing on the bible.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:53 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Who cares? I've got a news flash for y'all - most of the world already views America with some level of disrespect, and it has very little effect on the way I get through my day or the way the country conducts its business. As for disrespecting Obama, I don't respect him very much myself - so why should I care if someone else doesn't respect him?

Complete non-issue. There are plenty of other things that are a lot more worth worrying about than toilet paper. But it's funny that the people who seem to be getting the most upset over it tend to be the same crowd who goes around braying that they don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us.

It's a semi-serious thread here.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Where can I buy me some?
Link to Obama, Trump, Romney and Hillary on Amazon.

It will probably chafe and clog your pipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies