Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 12:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Every group has these problems. Win on your own terms not somebody else's terms. African Americans are becoming a more diverse group as immigrants From all over the world intermarry with them. In a few years white nationalists will want to go back to the good old days when African Americans were economically dysfunctional and unable to compete .
Well, their children are then not fully "African-American" anymore. But I agree with your point...

Old 05-17-2016, 12:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
"But I guess BLACK people at large just kind of expects (other) Blacks to be ideologically identical." There, fixed it for you.
Nah, I agree with branh. I am also black.

Black people in general we know that all black Americans do not think or act the same nor do we have the same ideas about politics. It is usually greater American society that thinks we are "monolithic" or one particular "community" that does the same thing all the time or have specific behaviors/characteristics all the time.

I also am not a liberal and am not a Democrat either, since this is the political forum. I have frequently also have been thought not to be black, especially when I worked at a financial institution and conducted a large amount of work over the phone. When I finally met clients at the bank, many of them, mostly non-black people, where shocked that I was black (many exclaimed this to my face) because I didn't "sound black" and I don't have a "black" name .

In my experience, most black people speak damn near perfect English and a majority of us have regular old American names and even though a majority vote Democrat, they all do not have the same political ideology. I have been labeled by many of my Democrat friends as a "Republican" because I have a lot of conservative views, and I have never been treated poorly by them and it is just a running joke that we have. They say I'm a "Black Republican" but I'm "for the people." lol

Old 05-17-2016, 12:27 PM

371 posts, read 426,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So conversely, does this mean the blacks captured and forced into slavery were not smart enough to escape their captors?

That's a dangerous path. My experience is a black Doctor is as qualified as a white Doctor and a black engineer is as qualified as a white engineer and a black punk is about the same as a white punk. One discriminating factor is poverty and broken homes. A black female is more likely to have children with multiple fathers and rely on welfare than the poor, white woman.
I said nothing about jews who were obliderated not being smart. I said they had access to less respurces therefor were captured at higher rates and probably easier. Same with the africans captured, the ones with less resources got kidnapped at a higher rate than the cheif's family.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Nope. There are plenty of posters that claim they are black but really aren't(and its always easy for us real black folks to be able to identify these liars). Look at who responds to the majority of these threads, it's always 90% whites that want to insert their opinions(many with prejudices) and it's always the same few black posters that chime in to speak out against the ignorance. This specific forum is mostly white, despite the fact that there are always at least 2 or 3 three threads about blacks on the front page of this forum on the weekly basis. The fascination with us is real.

Meanwhile, when I want to discuss how blacks can progress I don't involve whites in the discussion(because it doesn't apply to them duh). Its strange to open up this type of discussion to a mostly nonblack audience in the first place.

Thankfully there are forums where 95% of posters are blacks--the rest are people who aren't black but have a vested interest--and I imagine the if the op truly was interested in having a meaningful discussion those would be the forums where he would have this discussion because he would be amongst the intended audience.

Either he isn't black, or if he is, he isn't looking to truly have this discussion about blacks with actual blacks because if he were he wouldn't be posting this on here knowing the way these threads almost always turn out.

But do carry on.
Lol, It's appropriate to expose the double standard in white supremacy thought. I posted this question for a number of reasons. For blacks, yes, but also for everyone else. Also, I think this thread has been very meaningful. A lot of good opinions. A lot of opinions that I've heard before. A lot of wrong opinions. A lot of blacks going against me when I'm on the same side. A lot of blacks who believe, "don't think about slavery and racism will go away." A lot of blacks and whites who think I'm posting this question because I cannot succeed economically--the knowledge of slavery transcends class. Every Af. Amer. Should be a scholar or slavery, similar to how the jews are scholars on the Halocaust. Bath yourself in it. It's a rich history.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:00 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Lol, It's appropriate to expose the double standard in white supremacy thought.
"White supremacy" thought? Um... It was AFRICANS who captured and sold other Africans into worldwide slavery. AFRICANS practiced slavery for thousands of years before the Americas were ever colonized, and AFRICANS still practice slavery to this day.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I am black, and people often say that they don't think I'm black. Which is kind of odd, because not only am I black, I'm so black I'm purple. But because I don't have political opinions that people THINK I should have, I get called "non-black" or a "troll". The funny thing, almost all of my post have been pretty positive towards blacks in general, and while I may state what I think are pressing issues in the black community, I also offer what I feel are solutions. But I guess society at large just kind of excepts blacks to be ideologically identical. Which is in itself pretty absurd.
Your solutions are out of touch with the real world. You want blacks to have a revolution and it's not happening lol. Too integrated. 1970 will be 50 years ago in 4 years. That time has passed. A revolution against the tenth 1% is more realistic and would be a lot better for the world.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:27 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
You can't compare any groups to the Jews. Their average IQ is even higher than East Asians.
It wasn't always, and it isn't for all Jews. There is discussion that it is specifically for Ashkenazi Jews, and there is an inadvertent "selective breeding" reason why that is so.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"White supremacy" thought? Um... It was AFRICANS who captured and sold other Africans into worldwide slavery. AFRICANS practiced slavery for thousands of years before the Americas were ever colonized, and AFRICANS still practice slavery to this day.
White people didn't have to buy them, and if they did, they didn't have to treat them like animals, right?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:41 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
White people didn't have to buy them, and if they did, they didn't have to treat them like animals, right?
White people haven't bought them for 150 years. Meanwhile, AFRICANS still buy them from other Africans and treat them like animals. But, yet, Blacks in America embrace their African heritage and call themselves African-Americans.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
White people haven't bought them for 150 years. Meanwhile, AFRICANS still buy them from other Africans and treat them like animals. But, yet, Blacks in America embrace their African heritage and call themselves African-Americans.
Because white society won't let them be "real Americans" and that's a fact. If society at large treats non-whites as hive-minded monoliths instead of individuals, then that's a problem. It's also no secret that blacks are still the most despised racial group in the US. We can keep circle jerking all day, but the fact of the matter is at the end of the day, if it weren't for WHITE PEOPLE buying slaves, there wouldn't be any "African-Americans" in the US bar the ones who are immigrants. What are you trying to say, those darn African chiefs convinced us moral whites to buy their slaves? Get out of here .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies