Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:36 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

The questions is do you want to pay people at Red Wing a decent salary so they can go out buy $300 Red Wing boots or do you pay one of them a meager wage to stock the shelves at Wally World with Chinese made boots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You're kidding ...

You mean folks making under 40K a year can no longer afford IPhone6s, 4D flat screen TVs, Air Jordans, and Vineyard Vines clothes ?

You mean folks making under 40K a year will have to drive the same car for more than 3 years ?

Oh my, the hardship ...
A few years back there was this news article that had a woman complaining about her inability to pay her electric bill. In the background was this TV that had to be 65 in. plus with a sound system and game console hooked to it.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:47 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, your getting a welfare subsidy paid by people like me and you don't have the common sense to be embarrassed.
Someone who posts "lol" like a teeny bopper on reddit isnt subsidizing a damn thing.

Not that it makes me feel bad, but if you overpay for insurance, it's your own damn fault.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:58 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
$6k per household? Ha! That's nothing compared to what each household owes in regards on the national debt:

National Debt is Equal to $48,700 for Every American | MyGovCost | Government Cost Calculator

And this is back in 2012. Gone up quite a bit under our current democrat king who said he was going to cut the debt in half way back when.

And I bet lots of you complaining are the one's who elected the current batch of clowns in that ran up this debt/continue to run up.

OP/trump bashers......any concern over this number that the current establishment types on both sides created for each and every one of us? I'm guessing it doesn't fit the bash the trump mantra though....carry on people!

Old 05-13-2016, 06:19 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Use the ignore list to block the trolls ... shrinks the Trump threads down to nothing.
So what defense do you have to offer of Trump's tariff plan, which would cost American households $6,000 each, which would of course have a disproportionate effect on poor people?

And that is not to mention the jobs that would be lost from the trade war that comes from the retaliation of these countries against us, when they respond with their own sky-high tairiffs?

Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Trump actually thinks america can be taxed into prosperity. He is an economic ignoramus no different than the rest.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:54 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I just love it when random Trump followers who probably work at the mall blow off these kinds of articles from professional analysts who do this for a living claiming they don't know what they're talking about. They truly are delusional and live in an alternate universe called fantasyland.
I love it when hypocrites say we need to bring manufacturing and jobs back here but oppose any and all means of doing so only because THEIR guy didn't win.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:56 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So what defense do you have to offer of Trump's tariff plan, which would cost American households $6,000 each, which would of course have a disproportionate effect on poor people?

And that is not to mention the jobs that would be lost from the trade war that comes from the retaliation of these countries against us, when they respond with their own sky-high tairiffs?
What's more important. Cheap Chinese crap or jobs here for Americans? When you make the price of something imported the same as something made here, people would buy American. What jobs would be lost here due to a trade war? What jobs? The imports aren't produced with American labor and jobs. You're just mad Ted Cruz lost.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
You're kidding ...

You mean folks making under 40K a year can no longer afford IPhone6s, 4D flat screen TVs, Air Jordans, and Vineyard Vines clothes ?

You mean folks making under 40K a year will have to drive the same car for more than 3 years ?

Oh my, the hardship ...
Yet y'all would sprout blood from wherever if income taxes were to go up by $6,000, regardless of your income bracket. I know I would.

Mick

Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because the poor guy gets to leave his job at Wally World stocking Chinese made boots and gets a good job at Red wing making $300 boots he can now afford.

There is nothing wrong with competition when the competition is on an even playing field but that is simply not the case. The Chinese government is manipulating the markets so they can monopolize products here in the US; tires, solar panels, building products, electronics, steel, rare earth elements just to name a few. This is a long term economic strategy, while this may provide US consumers economic benefits in the short term it's a race to the bottom long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies