Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,504,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
To the guy that repped me and then left a nasty remark and bragged about making 5x what they did 16 years ago.

Me too, but the cost of living has risen 4x's +, so, we may be ahead, but not to the extent they have you fooled into believing. Fools can be fooled.
Strong this.

It's like when people say "The stock market is really strong!".

Is it really? Or is it being propped up by our government and cronyism?

It is strong due to inflated QE/printed money? Or in real terms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 10:24 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Expect more Flint Michigans to occur when the government needs means to perform population control as the middle class shrinks and resources/space/etc. can't support everyone.

If you are middle class, it is in your best interest to re-consider if you want to have kids and bring them into America when you take into consideration where we're headed.

Brace yourselves for the next big economic crisis bubble: the student loan.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I really don't think that a $1.50 hamburger in 2000 would cost $6 today. Nor would a $9000 truck in 2000 cost $36,000 today. Nor a $50,000 home in 2000 cost $200,000 today. The gasoline one: maybe, but that one is weird.

Nice try though.
None of his math works. Using a calculator, based on documented inflation rates and not on specific items:

o the $1,50 burger in 200 would be inflation-adjusted to $2.08 in 2016
o the .99 gal of milk would be $1.38, not $4.
o $50k house = $69,471

But I agree about wages Despite productivity gains which used to accrue jointly to the employee and employer now never seems to make it into the wallet of hard working men and women. CEOs capture that money; shareholders get the rest. Workers around the world and not just America are getting royally screwed. Started with that brain-donor, that evil and stupid Reagan, and continued along the Republican/conservative lineage. Thanks, you creeps. You hosed the economy, shipped our jobs to China and stole or schemed the wealth of the middle class. Middle Class? That doesn't even exist any longer.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:03 AM

1,230 posts, read 993,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Expect more Flint Michigans to occur when the government needs means to perform population control as the middle class shrinks and resources/space/etc. can't support everyone.

If you are middle class, it is in your best interest to re-consider if you want to have kids and bring them into America when you take into consideration where we're headed.

Brace yourselves for the next big economic crisis bubble: the student loan.
Is it really a economic problem or economic crisis? Or is it that jobs are disappearing really fast. Way too many people than there are jobs. And the government is swimming in debt.

Some parts of US 10% of the people where unemployment and some other parts 15% of the people unemployment .

US factories and industrial base have been disappearing to China and India really fast and no sign of slowing down.

Most people are stuck doing retail jobs now days and getting dirt pay at retail jobs and collecting welfare well living in the projects. Well the golden days of guy working at factories or an industrial base and the female sitting at home looking after the kid and owning a house and driving a SUV is over. Now it is required both partners work full time well they pay rent or live in the ghetto.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I just bought a hamburger , no fries and it cost me 7.99.. in Fl. In the 1980's a gallon of ice cream was 1.00 . in Florida it is 4.50 to 5.00 and higher.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
None of his math works. Using a calculator, based on documented inflation rates and not on specific items:

o $50k house = $69,471

But I agree about wages Despite productivity gains which used to accrue jointly to the employee and employer now never seems to make it into the wallet of hard working men and women. CEOs capture that money; shareholders get the rest. Workers around the world and not just America are getting royally screwed. Started with that brain-donor, that evil and stupid Reagan, and continued along the Republican/conservative lineage. Thanks, you creeps. You hosed the economy, shipped our jobs to China and stole or schemed the wealth of the middle class. Middle Class? That doesn't even exist any longer.
Housing is going higher in Fl.. going to be another bubble. And if we go into a depression we will see a second wave of foreclosures.

My house in Fl. more than doubled in value since buying it in 2009.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post

o $50k house = $69,471

your numbers are not accurate.. I wish they were that low today. A crackerbox falling apart would be 69 thousand . Housing is very high in NJ where I just sold one . Milk is 3.50 and higher. 3.50 is shootiing low.It can get @ 5.00

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Housing is going higher in Fl.. going to be another bubble. And if we go into a depression we will see a second wave of foreclosures.

My house in Fl. more than doubled in value since buying it in 2009.

I am trying to get my house to go higher and it has, a little--- this is Orlando - My son in Miami/Dade county just signed a contract for 4/3 -$ 265K not bad at all !! my little house 2/1 in Hollywood went from 1996-2007 from $58K to $321 -- amazing!! Then it went BUST -- it is now at the price should be, about $113K-- I think location is the main culprit for price increases- not the city- but area-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies