Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 02:06 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is what conservatives warned the public about. If you give liberals an inch with gay marriage, they would take a mile. We told you transgenderism would be the next crusade. And like clockwork, here it is. Next up, beastiality and pedophilia.
Guaranteed. There are no sexual deviant frontiers remaining for the leftists aside from those two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 02:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Guaranteed. There are no sexual deviant frontiers remaining for the leftists aside from those two.
And the pedophilia one is a factor in the discussion we are having here in this thread. Make no mistake about it. The battle along that front has begun.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Oh look - it's the transgender hate thread of the day!
Wrong, no one care about transgenders, they can go live their lives as they choose...... the reaction is to the activists who use transgenders and anyone one else for their business marketing, prominence and profit.

The legislators are showing that they can be bought and will sell their soul to lobbyists, big business and anyone else that will bring them votes or profit. Another cause for reaction you mistake as transgender hate.

Time for activists to stop redirecting the anger directed toward them and not the community they pretend to represent.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times
What's the difference between a lesbian with a dick and a straight man?

Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,412,572 times
Good for Massachusetts, they are taking the lead on this as they have with so many other issues. The rest of the country will follow eventually. The South is still getting used to racially integrated bathrooms so it will take them a bit longer.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Good for Massachusetts, they are taking the lead on this as they have with so many other issues. The rest of the country will follow eventually. The South is still getting used to racially integrated bathrooms so it will take them a bit longer.
The rest of the country will eventually be forced to follow, just as it was forced to follow on same-sex marriage.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:35 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
surprisingly, politicians are not tested for drug use in any state, but we the people have to take the test at our jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDf2j2CTDiE

Old 06-07-2016, 07:22 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713
This isn't about "transgenders," as you surely know quite well. It is about eradicating traditional identity boundaries, in this case sexual identity, as in whether you are a man or a woman.

The problem with this is not the "transgenders," as if there actually were such a thing, it is about enabling and empowering perverts and pedophiles under the thinly veiled cover of the Democrat left's "political correctness" agenda.

Say what you want to, but you people own that, and will continue to be consistently required to publicly and politically own it for as long as you continue to try to push this vile crap onto our citizenry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The goal of the Left is not " giving transgender people recognition".

This entire controversy is concocted by the Left to dupe the public into believing that gender is a social construct and not a real physical phenomena. Make no mistake, that IS the goal. And you've been duped.

It's total nonsense and should be squashed like a French grape at every opportunity.
I'm not fully versed in gender identity theory or anything like that, but from my understanding is that there are some things that are "intrinsic" about gender identity, and some things that are constructs.

For example, I think that you'd agree that a man who likes painting and sculpture shouldn't be forced to spend a Sunday afternoon watching the NFL that he'd rather spend at the art gallery because gender is real and men watch football. Even somebody who eschews political correctness can see that.

I think there is something inherent about being a man or a woman though. In about 99.7% of cases, biology confirms this. For the remaining 0.3% or so, things are different, and they can work through their own identity. I think those that want to totally deconstruct being a man or a woman are in the extreme minority, including most of those who are gay or bisexual, but not transgender or genderqueer. I mean, I'm biologically male, I identify as a man, and I really don't think that identity should be taken from me. I get it.

Finally, I have thought about the bathroom issues, and I think that if people are being honest about accepting those who are truly transgender using restrooms that correspond to their gender identity, I think we need to be more respectful. Like many, I'm concerned that a bunch of immature males who don't care about social consequences are going to wander into women's restrooms, claim to be transgender, and giggle like little schoolboys about it, making women feel uncomfortable in the process. Let's step it up and let people use the restroom in peace.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:30 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
OK, then let's end all initiatives for women's health and programs encouraging girls to go into STEM fields, since there is no such thing as being a woman or a girl. Massachusetts should go for that, right?

Old 06-07-2016, 07:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Massachusetts sanctioned the Salem Witch trials, but came to their senses and decided to take a higher path. Many other states are now sponsoring their own "updated versions" of the Salem Witch trials for whatever group of people is on their "Hit list of the Month". Last year it was the Gays, this year, transgendered. Let's hope wiser minds prevail in preventing anyone from being burned at the stake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies