Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:12 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times

Advertisements

This is the first poll conducted on the ballot issue so far:

Quote:
A recent poll conducted by Magellan Strategies shows ColoradoCare winning the battle of ideas when it comes to health care in Colorado.

Magellan, a nationally respected pollster that the Koch-brothers-backed Americans for Prosperity calls “a trusted partner” and that the Colorado Republican Committee calls “reliable and accurate,” did the research that shows Coloradans support Amendment 69’s universal health care plan regardless of which side of the argument they hear. The polls are bad news for Americans For Prosperity and the Colorado Republican Committee, both of whom have come out in opposition to ColoradoCare.
OPINION: Opposition Poll Shows Amendment 69 on Track for Victory – Pagosa Daily Post News Events & Video for Pagosa Springs Colorado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
All thinking Americans are in favor of universal healthcare for all. The only ones opposed are those making sickening profits from the current system and poor white Republicans who can't afford health care.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:55 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
People are in favor of someone else paying their bills? Shocking.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:02 AM

26,496 posts, read 15,079,792 times
If Republicans were smarter, they would recognize, which way the wind will blow and get something in exchange for passing Universal Healthcare now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All thinking Americans are in favor of universal healthcare for all. The only ones opposed are those making sickening profits from the current system and poor white Republicans who can't afford health care.
Obama and the Democrats had the chance in 2009 to make a universal system and instead punted with Obamacare, which will leave 31 Million uninsured non-elderly people.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Obama and the Democrats had the chance in 2009 to make a universal system and instead punted with Obamacare, which will leave 31 Million uninsured non-elderly people.
They should have, of course, but either they were trying to appease the industry or the poor white Republicans unable to afford health insurance

Old 06-10-2016, 09:15 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Although I am in favor of a single payer universal healthcare program, I think you may be over-stating things just a bit.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
There is a reason a state can do it if they wish, but not the Federal Centralized Government.

The US Constitution does not authorize the federal government to take over a 10th amendment issue.

There would have to be an amendment to the US. Constitution.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If Republicans were smarter, they would recognize, which way the wind will blow and get something in exchange for passing Universal Healthcare now.

Democrats like republicans don't vote as a single block. Anything meaningful would have to bipartisan.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:29 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
To me, universal healthcare would be like the gov't providing every citizen their food - the people that actually pay taxes pay more so everyone can be given food. Replace the corporate profits with billions in fraud and abuse rampant in every gov't program. And now, even though my taxes and costs go up, the quality of services provided declines. In the food scenario, now I don't get the choice to go out to dinner and eat lobster if I choose. I am forced to eat the jail food provided to every citizen.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
To me, universal healthcare would be like the gov't providing every citizen their food - the people that actually pay taxes pay more so everyone can be given food. Replace the corporate profits with billions in fraud and abuse rampant in every gov't program. And now, even though my taxes and costs go up, the quality of services provided declines. In the food scenario, now I don't get the choice to go out to dinner and eat lobster if I choose. I am forced to eat the jail food provided to every citizen.

Welcome to the VA America and all the problems with government using other peoples money, after they have taken their cut.

The perfect model to example government run and controlled healthcare.
All medical personnel all the way to pharmacists , would be government employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies