Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 04:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL, your thread title say that "republicans don't mention gays" when talking about this attack, and then you provide links that prove you wrong...

From your second link:

I guess the left does not consider gays as Americans?

Hhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa:smac k:

Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 04:59 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Indirectly, maybe even directly for some, a major contributor to the decline of our nation is this passionate need to be something other than American first; maybe American second, third... The siren song of identity is ripe fodder for the Democrat propaganda machine.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Nice try. It's the left wingers who refuse to say the attack was Islamic terrorism. Maybe not wholly, but mostly.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
They just can't help themselves.

Quote:
Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) reportedly argued Tuesday that Pulse, the Orlando nightclub that on Sunday became the site of the worst mass shooting in the nation's history, was a "young person's club" rather than a gay club.
GOPer Suggests Site Of Orlando Attack Wasn't Gay Club: 'It Was Mostly Latinos'

Got that? They weren't gay - they were young and Latino! (what, does he think 'gay' and 'young and/or Latino' are mutually exclusive?).

Seriously... what is wrong with these people?

Then there's this pathetic display:

Quote:
Although Presiding Commissioner Sam Bushman thought flags should be lowered, Western District Commissioner Kris Scheperle and Eastern District Commissioner Jeff Hoelscher believe the county should be as consistent as possible when events occur that call for the flag to be lowered, and they oppose the lowering of the flags at this time.

"We (the commission) still have control over how the flags are displayed," Hoelscher said. "Lowering it too much takes away from the honor. I feel for these victims and for their families, but I don't feel this was a time for the flag to be lowered."
County won't fly flags at half-staff | Central MO Breaking News

Right. The worst mass-shooting in American history? Yeah, but it was just gays being killed, so they didn't want to 'take away from the honor' when it's lowered for... well, I guess for people that they think actually matter.

But then there was a change of heart.

Quote:
Cole County Western District Commissioner Kris Scheperle changed his vote Tuesday against lowering the flags at county offices in the wake of the Orlando mass shooting.

"In spite of the fact that my vote was in accordance with Cole County's flag ordinance and federal law, I reconsider my original vote (position) due to the negative attention this has brought Cole County. The bottom line is my concerns for Cole County citizens," Scheperle said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.
Flags lowered at Cole County facilities | Central MO Breaking News

Got that? He didn't vote to lower the flag out of any sense of decency, or because he felt one iota of lament at 49 slaughtered gays, but because he was worried about the negative publicity of his petulant initial vote not to lower the flag.

Personally, I think flags should be left at half-staff until this country can go three consecutive days without a mass-shooting.

Of course, if we did that they'd never go back up.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
It wasn't an attack on "gays" (who says that?!), yet every time someone disagrees with them, it's an attack on the Republicans.

These idiots can't keep their own rhetoric straight. (pardon the pun)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies