Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
disagree. white males will go heavily to trump, regardless of who is clintons vp.

that can be offset by ignoring white males and solidifying her minority and female base with a minority or female as the vp.

white males arn't needed for clinton to win and she shouldn't bother with them.
The reason I disagree with you is that both of those groups are already going to vote or her. Women who dont like Hillary Clinton arent going to vote for her simply because she picks Elizabeth Warren.

The women who fit that demographic are either Republican and will never vote for her, or Berniecrats and dislike Warren for sitting on the side lines, but will vote for Hillary over Trump regardless.

Same is true of minorities, they arent going to vote for Trump, Hillary isnt going to have a problem on her left flank that Trump himself doesnt solidify for her.

Her problem will be white males which means Tim Kaine or Tim Ryan in my opinion, Sherrod Brown is possible and I think Ryan would want that seat, but I doubt Kasich would appoint a Democrat and that would be a hard fought seat to win in an off-off year special election

Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
A lot of people on that list I seriously doubt she is considering.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The reason I disagree with you is that both of those groups are already going to vote or her. Women who dont like Hillary Clinton arent going to vote for her simply because she picks Elizabeth Warren.

The women who fit that demographic are either Republican and will never vote for her, or Berniecrats and dislike Warren for sitting on the side lines, but will vote for Hillary over Trump regardless.

Same is true of minorities, they arent going to vote for Trump, Hillary isnt going to have a problem on her left flank that Trump himself doesnt solidify for her.

Her problem will be white males which means Tim Kaine or Tim Ryan in my opinion, Sherrod Brown is possible and I think Ryan would want that seat, but I doubt Kasich would appoint a Democrat and that would be a hard fought seat to win in an off-off year special election
Well if women who hate Hillary aren't going to vote for her if she chooses Warren then why would men vote for her if she chooses someone like Tim Kaine? Overall the VP picks has nearly no effect on the results of the election. She could choose Mr. T and no one would care.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Well if women who hate Hillary aren't going to vote for her if she chooses Warren then why would men vote for her if she chooses someone like Tim Kaine? Overall the VP picks has nearly no effect on the results of the election. She could choose Mr. T and no one would care.
Warren is ideologically Progressive where as both Kaine and Ryan are seen and moderate. Picking Warren is doubling down on the left where as those 2 would be tacking towards the center. There is no reason for a Republican ideologically conservative women to vote for a Clinton-Warren unless you believe they are just going to vote in larger numbers just because they are women, and I dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies