Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:39 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times

Advertisements

Thread title should read "Leftists reject reality of Islamic terror attack."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 09:45 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
What do you know . . . . . Mr. Trump, sometimes it is just a self-loathing closeted gay mass shooters. Don't forget to "temporarily" ban those people from our country, too.

Orlando Shooter Omar Mateen Showed Few Warning Signs Of Radicalization, Investigators Say : The Two-Way : NPR

Mick

Of course Investigators are going to minimize the role Radical Islam played in this act, same as Obama and Hillary are downplaying the connection between Muslims and Terrorists. Fact remains, his Father was an Immigrant, and Politically active. We have no idea what the effect was on his son. Its also becoming quite clear his wife was well aware of his state, and we can't say his Father did not know anything either.

It really doesn't make any difference what you think. What matters is what the people decide.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:46 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
I believe if ISIS didn't exist he'd have found another violent cause to align with so he could justify his black heart.

At least if he was a true ISIS operative he would be part of a known enemy, and we could be discussing ways to fight something tangible.

It's the idea that he's more like Adam Lanza or James Holmes that scares me more, violent murderous young men who do this crap for no real reason whatsoever. And I think he is more like those guys. He just happened to be Muslim and could use Islamic terrorism as inspiration the same way some use Klebold and Harris.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:50 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Of course Investigators are going to minimize the role Radical Islam played in this act, same as Obama and Hillary are downplaying the connection between Muslims and Terrorists. Fact remains, his Father was an Immigrant, and Politically active. We have no idea what the effect was on his son. Its also becoming quite clear his wife was well aware of his state, and we can't say his Father did not know anything either.

It really doesn't make any difference what you think. What matters is what the people decide.
At 4:00 am that morning, Mateef texted his wife from the club to ask if there had been any news on the shooting. She replied and told him she loved him. Obviously she knew and approved of what he was doing. She was his co-conspirator. That is what makes this different than a lone wolf attack.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:08 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I believe if ISIS didn't exist he'd have found another violent cause to align with so he could justify his black heart.

At least if he was a true ISIS operative he would be part of a known enemy, and we could be discussing ways to fight something tangible.

It's the idea that he's more like Adam Lanza or James Holmes that scares me more, violent murderous young men who do this crap for no real reason whatsoever. And I think he is more like those guys. He just happened to be Muslim and could use Islamic terrorism as inspiration the same way some use Klebold and Harris.
All Islamic terrorists are looking for a cause to justify their black hearts. Why do you think the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists? Because they aren't psychos bent on murder. The people attracted to that element are crazy. We all know that. It still doesn't mean this guy was just some homophobic or conflicted guy. Yes, they all have something in common with people like Adam Lanza. The problem is that there seem to be an awful lot of Muslims or converted Muslims who want to commit these acts.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I didn't click the link or read the article, but after reading some of the posts on this forum I must say I find it strangely telling who the bigots are. The vast majority of mass shooters are white American males. You get a few here and there of different races and because it fits the racist agenda everyone who is brown must be monitored at all times, deported or outright banned. If a white guy did the same thing everyone would just say these things happen...

What's even funnier is the same geniuses are usually extreme gun nuts and although they criticize liberals for the same kind of thinking toward guns where a small minority of owners engage in violent crimes with firearms yet liberals want to punish everyone with more laws. When one out of 25 million gun owners does something like this republicans say it's the exception to the rule but if one out of 300 million brown people does something like this they must all be banned from coming here, even though the guy and the one in California were both born here...Yep, sounds like a bunch of critical thinking to me...NOT...I smell an agenda...

No Fly, no Buy. Perfect, another secret government list that cannot be challenged and deprives you of your rights without any due process, evidence against you or right to face your accuser. Really looking forward to the day where a pissed off flight attendant with a High School Diploma can put you on a list that deprives you of your rights with absolutely NO due process.

Let's expand the PATRIOT Act more. Just strip the constitution and no one has any rights at ALL.
I'm pretty sure that Muslim dude was also "white", "brown" ain't a race and "Muslim" ain't either. Not all of us white people have pasty skin.

Too; it seems more and more "people of color" are doing their share of mass murders these days like John Mohammed, the Beltway sniper from DC, the Asian dude who shot up that college in Virginia and so on.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:13 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
Why the cover up? Surely everyone can read the Muslim's bible as well as I can.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:18 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
If the killer doesn't represent "All Muslims"

then why should he represent "All Gun Owners" ???

</thread>

Old 06-18-2016, 10:20 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
The guy lied when he pledged allegiance to ISIS. Nothing points to this being over religion or anti American... the poor kid was confused about being gay and didn't know better.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:23 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
All Islamic terrorists are looking for a cause to justify their black hearts. Why do you think the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists? Because they aren't psychos bent on murder. The people attracted to that element are crazy. We all know that. It still doesn't mean this guy was just some homophobic or conflicted guy. Yes, they all have something in common with people like Adam Lanza. The problem is that there seem to be an awful lot of Muslims or converted Muslims who want to commit these acts.
Doesn't mean he wasn't. It's not entirely clear either way.

Thus guy has been showing violent anti social tendencies since grade school. And from what I can see, it doesn't look like his father was the type to be understanding of difficulties or mental health issues his child may have had and intervene with treatment and behavioral assessments.

That's not to excuse him in anyway. I'm not saying he was insane and not responsible. But I am saying I think that if he was something other than a Muslim he would have found some other justification. Mass murderers seem intent on finding fame and recognition in their acts. He's no different. The radical extremists in Paris did not seek personal glory, going underground after their job was completed. Different MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies