Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Otherwise - why would anyone even think of putting this out there?

This is why Donald Trump’s tax returns haven’t been leaked

“If someone were to release the returns right now, they might be able to change the outcome of the election,” said Joseph Thorndike, a tax historian and director of the nonpartisan Tax History Project at the Tax Analysts organization. “It’s a very tempting prospect.”

The Post reached out to the Washington law firm Morgan, Lewis and Bockius, Trump’s tax attorneys, for comment about the firm’s security protocols and didn’t receive a reply.

According to tax experts and former IRS employees, tens of thousands of people have access to Trump’s tax information, if not his complete returns. Revenue agents, customer-service staffers and employees at walk-in tax assistance centers, plus a smaller number of federal contractors, use a master computer that shows a summary of everyone’s return. Once they enter a name or Social Security number, these employees could go further into the record, much like scanning a bank account.

“It would take 10 minutes,” said Richard M. Schickel, who retired from the IRS in 2013 as a senior revenue officer and wrote a book about the agency. The computer is a “museum of tax information,” he said: “Everyone is on it. You, your grandfather, your great uncle.”

Are you kidding me? They are trolling for someone to break the law and reveal his tax records.

Shameless....

Last edited by DRob4JC; 09-21-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 07:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
24,000 pages, good luck.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Otherwise - why would you even think of putting this out there?

This is why Donald Trump’s tax returns haven’t been leaked

“If someone were to release the returns right now, they might be able to change the outcome of the election,” said Joseph Thorndike, a tax historian and director of the nonpartisan Tax History Project at the Tax Analysts organization. “It’s a very tempting prospect.”

The Post reached out to the Washington law firm Morgan, Lewis and Bockius, Trump’s tax attorneys, for comment about the firm’s security protocols and didn’t receive a reply.

According to tax experts and former IRS employees, tens of thousands of people have access to Trump’s tax information, if not his complete returns. Revenue agents, customer-service staffers and employees at walk-in tax assistance centers, plus a smaller number of federal contractors, use a master computer that shows a summary of everyone’s return. Once they enter a name or Social Security number, these employees could go further into the record, much like scanning a bank account.

“It would take 10 minutes,” said Richard M. Schickel, who retired from the IRS in 2013 as a senior revenue officer and wrote a book about the agency. The computer is a “museum of tax information,” he said: “Everyone is on it. You, your grandfather, your great uncle.”

Are you kidding me? They are trolling for someone to break the law and reveal his tax records.

Shameless....
I hope whoever would do this would be sued.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I hope whoever would do this would be sued.
His 24,000 pages are not on any tax site or just out there. He doesn't file the EZ forms.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:47 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
How do they know someone has not done this already and is just waiting for the right moment to release them?

Old 09-21-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How do they know someone has not done this already and is just waiting for the right moment to release them?
So far only improperly kept top secret Emails of fainting Hillary and her depends have been leaking.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I'm about as interested in a politician's tax returns and charitable donations as I am in their height and weight. Which is, not at all.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:06 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
The same people who wanted a birth certificate are against tax returns . Karma is a *****!

Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The same people who wanted a birth certificate are against tax returns . Karma is a *****!
I'm the only one who said not interested' and I wasn't interested in Obama's birth certificate.

The other posters are against leaking the returns vs him releasing them.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:25 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm the only one who said not interested' and I wasn't interested in Obama's birth certificate.

The other posters are against leaking the returns vs him releasing them.
Knowing Trump would have paid millions for a leaked birth certificate, ohh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies