Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 07:36 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What did I say was incorrect.

Your link is about a "neighborhood" in Chicago. Not the entire city...

Chicago is not the most dangerous city in America.
What are the demographic characteristics of the most dangerous cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 07:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This disputes the use of proprietary mathematical models to determine most dangerous neighborhoods.

Nation’s Most Dangerous Neighborhood In Chicago? « CBS Chicago

Interestingly, this neighborhood is adjacent to a rapidly gentrifying community along Jackson Blvd.

Then again, Old Town is adjacent to the former Cabrini Green Housing Projects. The crime associated with Cabrini did not cross the line or impact housing values in the adjacent long gentrified community.

Geographical boundaries are critical to gangs and often a source of dispute and violence.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:38 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
They could also discuss Detroit or St Louis, both of whom have much higher murder rates than Chicago and who would fit their white supremacist ideology due to having large amounts of black citizens.

They pick Chicago because of the president.

I hope those who may come across the thread realize this and also realize that the internet is ground zero today for white supremacist recruitment and dissemination of racist ideology.
I could. Picking St. Louis and Detroit would be too easy. I bring up Baltimore for the very same reason you brought up St. Louis and Detroit. I also bring it up because of what you mentioned about the President. I wanted to show a better example. If these persons are truly concerned about strict gun laws and violence, Baltimore and Newark are better places to start, not Chicago.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
They could also discuss Detroit or St Louis, both of whom have much higher murder rates than Chicago and who would fit their white supremacist ideology due to having large amounts of black citizens.
We're getting closer to the problem. Blacks and Hispanics have to start giving a damn about members of their own race/ethnicity and start purging their neighborhoods of the violence.

Nothing will change until that happens.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
We're getting closer to the problem. Blacks and Hispanics have to start giving a damn about members of their own race/ethnicity and start purging their neighborhoods of the violence.
Alot of Blacks and Hispanics who can afford it leave those neighborhoods. Many who care about themselves and their families leave and go to greener pastures.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:42 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Nothing will change until that happens.
All of the cities mentioned have had dramatic decreases in crime amongst the black and hispanic populations. IF they didn't give a damn then crime would not have went down...

Again, why are you all so focused on Chicago?

Is it really a concern in regards to the crime there (fwiw Chicago is NOT a majority black or hispanic city)

Or is it because you want to associate the black president with murders and shootings?

Old 06-21-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alot of Blacks and Hispanics who can afford it leave those neighborhoods. Many who care about themselves and their families leave and go to greener pastures.
All the cities mentioned have had decreases in crime and have black citizens and organizations that work to deter crime without moving out. Many black citizens are committed to improving their cities and their successes in this regard are the reasons why crime has decreased in those localities and how even gang activity amongst black Americans has decreased substantially.

FWIW, I will also bring up the fact that Atlanta has a higher murder and crime rate versus Chicago as well. They have also had dramatic decreases in crime in that city based upon the work primarily of black citizens.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yes, and can you blame them?

Whites do the same thing. But the crime rates in White neighborhoods don't even come close to those committed in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, even though numerically, there are more Whites in poverty than Blacks or Hispanics.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:47 AM

I will add separately that I agree that gun laws have little effect on local crime.

This has also been shared ad nauseaum on these forums, yet you all continue to create a Chicago thread every week.

I think it important to highlight the primary reasons why you do this - the president came to the White House from Chicago. The president is a democrat and is black. You view black people in an inferior way and choose to speak on Chicago crime in an effort to both criminalize the president and black people in general.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
All the cities mentioned have had decreases in crime and have black citizens and organizations that work to deter crime without moving out. Many black citizens are committed to improving their cities and their successes in this regard are the reasons why crime has decreased in those localities and how even gang activity amongst black Americans has decreased substantially.

FWIW, I will also bring up the fact that Atlanta has a higher murder and crime rate versus Chicago as well. They have also had dramatic decreases in crime in that city based upon the work primarily of black citizens.
I live in the area. I've seen Atlanta's murder rate decrease alot. It is certainly safer to walk around certain areas. Now, the Fulton Industrial Corridor/Adamsville area, I watch my back around there.

My point was that it's stupid to say that Blacks and Hispanics don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies