Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 08:22 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,328,077 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

Want an improved society?

Allow to vote only those who:

- Have a job

- Are Male

- Over 30

- IQ over 100

Old 07-02-2016, 08:24 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Or anyone that is not you.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:51 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,396,257 times
I'm not Jewish but: Oy Vey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2016, 05:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
I think there is something to be said for only allowing people to vote who speak English fluently, can pass a test in history, pass another test in civics, pass a test on the issues and positions of the candidates, and who pay federal income taxes above a certain minimum (for federal elections.)

Old 07-03-2016, 06:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,508 times
Okay, you're headed down Taliban territory now, guys.

You might want to think about dialing it back a bit.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:12 AM

15,867 posts, read 21,458,610 times
Sweet pea, Iran is over that way.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:53 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I think there is something to be said for only allowing people to vote who speak English fluently, can pass a test in history, pass another test in civics, pass a test on the issues and positions of the candidates, and who pay federal income taxes above a certain minimum (for federal elections.)
Agree with the first three, not so much the other two. I can see a legitimate arguement that voters must have paid something, even if it is only 5-10 dollars, in taxes at whatever level they are voting. But Dude, half the time the candidates themselves may not be able to pass a test on what the issues and positions of themselves are, as they change depending on the day and audience.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:01 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,396,257 times
<sarcasm>: I think only people who can afford to bribe a politician with at least $250,000 should be allowed to vote. And I think only lawyers who went Yale or Harvard can ever hold office in Congress or be president.
Just how ridiculous can we go here?

Old 07-03-2016, 07:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Because freedom right?

If you're a citizen (and of age), you should have the right to vote. I don't think anything should get in the way of that. To do otherwise is decidedly undemocratic.

To address the video, here's one point I found interesting. Towards the beginning, it essential says that despite that, of course, all women are different as they are individual human being, it doesn't matter, they should be treated the same.

Another point is the point on sexual morality. The evidence provided at the start of this point was the earlier humans were not sexually monogamous. One man usually had children with multiple women. He then says that because we gave women freedom, they no longer are as concerned with sexual monogamy. Which is odd, given that that's how we got here? But even so, that just isn't true. Most women I know still want to get married and have kids, just like most men I know. They might be pushing it back until their in there 30s, but they're still doing it. And, oh no, Jesus won't be happy that they had sex with more than one man. While there are society problem regarding how we currently view relationships and sex, the idea that it's mostly the blame of women just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny once you remove yourself from the narrow view of this video.

The video also says the murders and criminals will always be more attractive to women than hard working men. God...

Old 07-03-2016, 07:51 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

Want an improved society?

Allow to vote only those who:

- Have a job

- Are Male

- Over 30

- IQ over 100
Just spent 18-19 minutes of my life watching this video. Bare bones message: the reason the Muslims are going to overtake our society is because we allowed women to do things other than be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. But, fear not Americans, Europe's fate does not need to be the American fate, the video wasn't considering the great American diversity we enjoy! We can save ourselves by adopting the values of the polygamous branch of the Mormans.

The video does not address the necessity of men having a job, being over 30, or having an IQ over 100. Sheesh, where do people find these things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies