Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 03:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about. Here, read up on the subject before commenting again...

Overview of U.S. Deportation/Removal Proceedings - AllLaw.com

Non-citizens have the right to a lawyer, as well as other rights under the U.S. Constitution. The immigration authorities cannot simply deport someone without providing a chance to be heard. Of course, the authorities often try to make the process go quickly, by asking the immigrant to sign something agreeing to depart without a hearing. In some cases, when the immigrant really is in the U.S. illegally with no defense to removal, leaving voluntarily can be the best way to go, because it avoids having an order of deportation on one's record.
The law CAN be changed or; IF Obama cared about US citizens INSTEAD of illegal aliens, he could've thrown down an EO yanking any "need" for a hearing before being deported.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So you guys are working your way to the rational. We don't have to grant citizenship though I suspect it will come eventually. I think we do have to allow full access to those services offered any taxpayer. Though perhaps a multi year period before that.

Pregnancy can't be a category for deportation. Won't work.
And the fourteenth would likely come into play if such a law was attempted.
Practically however such a law would be ignored and is practically unenforceable...so why go there.
Sorry dude: I'm MUCH rather see the US go down swinging INSTEAD of giving in to millions of bottom feeder illegal aliens. imho either you've got a dog in this fight or, you truly believe the US is a beaten country and should give up or else.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Sorry dude: I'm MUCH rather see the US go down swinging INSTEAD of giving in to millions of bottom feeder illegal aliens. imho either you've got a dog in this fight or, you truly believe the US is a beaten country and should give up or else.
Actually I think you guys are beaten past all hope of success but are too stubborn to admit the obvious even at the great risk of making it worse.

And I don't like continuing the resistance at the risk of having it worsen substantially.

The Senate Reform Bill would have passed the House. But the Republican leadership would not allow a vote because they knew it would pass. So we are in a position where resolution has been prevented by a minority in the house.

And what I am trying to do is keep the good old USA from behaving stupidly...which is our present course.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:09 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is safe to say, none of us really have to worry about who is or isn't right about this: He isn't going to deport 11 million people and for those of you who still believe he will, get your head out of the sand and be realistic.
I don't care if he gives amnesty to all who have been here at least ten years. I just want the border secured now.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:33 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You cannot rationally believe that 11 million people are going to be deported. I'm sorry. You are living in a fantasy world.

Enforce the law and they'll go home on their own. Hard to live in a country where you can't work or get social benefits.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Enforce the law and they'll go home on their own. Hard to live in a country where you can't work or get social benefits.
They can and do work and there is very little that can be done about it. The US has no interest in passing laws that would actually make it difficult. It in fact provides Tax ID number to make it possible for illegals to pay taxes.

Benefits, if any, go to legal children who have every right to them.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You mean Libertarian brain? Libertarians believe there should be no immigration restrictions. Freedom of movement across borders. Oh you forgot that? Maybe you should have thought of that before you Trump supporters were on the Ron Paul bandwagon you guys have feeble political convictions, dictated by which way the wind blows.
Your living on fantasy island

Old 07-04-2016, 04:53 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The law CAN be changed or; IF Obama cared about US citizens INSTEAD of illegal aliens, he could've thrown down an EO yanking any "need" for a hearing before being deported.
Where do you people come up with this stuff? lol. Read what I just wrote in the bolded again. A President cannot use EOs to change any part of the US constitution. You couldn't do something like that without congressional approval
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies