Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 11:03 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,147 times

Advertisements

This guy just about sums up my thinking very well!
I Am Never Going To Be a Part of Your Sick Liberal Worldview - John Hawkins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 11:07 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
Uh, okay then. Seeya. Bye.

I mean, why did you link to this poorly written screed in the first place if you have no intention of discussing or defending it?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:23 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Another one bound for Somalia. I'm telling you it's a foamers paradise!

Old 07-02-2016, 11:52 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
I don't know how worth my time it is to even address this poorly written (I'm guessing he things education is for libruls), misdirected, rant that does nothing but repeat conservative talking point that just about everyone has heard before and does nothing to back up his claims and just expects that everyone knows exactly why he's right.

But there were a few points I want to address.

Firstly, his point about fighting 'isms.' I don't have a lot to say on it, other than the irony is probably lost on him. I mean, a rant about liberalism has a bit about stupid people fighting isms. C'mon, that ****s funny.

Now, he makes a point about 'other cultures' I agree. Some cultures are inferior and should be called out on it. Saudi Arabia has being a homosexual as a crime. Both Bush and Obama (as well as many before them; I just named them for bipartisan **** talking) happily bent over for the Saudi ****, lubed up with all that oil. Sorry if being crass offends you, but I'm also not sorry. But he then says that Mexican culture is inferior. As with anyone who didn't think before righting, he doesn't give a reason why. And I contest that point. I think the Mexican government is inferior. They're endlessly corrupt, which is a complain he has about OUR government, but some how, our culture is still better.

I'm no expert on Mexican culture, but it's fine. There's nothing 'bad' about it. And he can prefer American culture. That's fine. I also prefer American culture. But Mexican culture, even if it's not my cup of tea, has never seemed 'bad' to me by some ultimately universal standard. And those exist. But they aren't liberal or conservative. I think that because my parents loved me enough to teach me things like, not being *******. People can disagree with me and have different values from my own without being objectively inferior to me.

And one final point. This one, I'll admit, is somewhat petty. But, I think that it makes a point that should be said. He goes on about American culture being the greatest, then says that he wouldn't have a problem with Texas seceding. And I know, he says "because liberals" after that, because you know, nothing says American values more than running away from people who use free speech wrong, but still, is cowardice an American value? Is selfishness an American value? I know it's asking a lot of someone with, what I can only assume is an 8th grade education based on the lack of depth and argumentative points, but I wonder just what it is that makes America better in his eyes? Because my guess is that he thinks America is better, because he's in it. And the liberals are destroying it because he's not a liberal.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:54 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
So, John Hawkins runs "Right Wing News". He clearly believes that news and point of view are the same things. And they're not.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I don't know how worth my time it is to even address this poorly written (I'm guessing he thinks education is for libruls)....
I don't necessarily think it's "poorly written"; I would say childishly written.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:56 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,206,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Another one bound for Somalia. I'm telling you it's a foamers paradise!
Agreed!

Old 07-02-2016, 12:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't necessarily think it's "poorly written"; I would say childishly written.
Children generally aren't great writers, so in my mind, the distinction isn't terribly important.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Children generally aren't great writers, so in my mind, the distinction isn't terribly important.
Point taken.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:30 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,791,422 times
Quote:
And one final point. This one, I'll admit, is somewhat petty. But, I think that it makes a point that should be said. He goes on about American culture being the greatest, then says that he wouldn't have a problem with Texas seceding. And I know, he says "because liberals" after that, because you know, nothing says American values more than running away from people who use free speech wrong, but still, is cowardice an American value? Is selfishness an American value? I know it's asking a lot of someone with, what I can only assume is an 8th grade education based on the lack of depth and argumentative points, but I wonder just what it is that makes America better in his eyes? Because my guess is that he thinks America is better, because he's in it. And the liberals are destroying it because he's not a liberal.
I've come to conclude that the same people claiming Mexicans want to take Texas away from the US are the same ones always threatening to secede from the nation. Maybe they have it backward, the more Hispanic Texas gets the less likely it will never happen and that's what they're afraid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies