Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:50 AM

50,829 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
In my estimation a great father supports his children financially. He might have loved his five children, but he fell down in his role as a parent.
So the solution is kill him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I think there's a fine line there. If he was still struggling and trying to break free and had a gun that they saw within his reach they were justified in considering him a deadly threat. They aren't required to wait for him to have the gun pointed at them imo.

IMO they did not feel they had him under control. Yes it appears they have him pinned down, but what we cant tell from the video is whether or not that was taking everything they had and they still felt him struggling.

I still don't get why they hadn't been able to cuff him if they had him under control.
Yeah, I think this case is a tougher call than it seems at first look. The video just doesn't show enough to make it clear cut.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I have no idea why these white officers want to "serve and protect" in these black neighborhoods. The officers in these black neighborhoods need to be reflected what the neighborhood looks like
What good would THAT do since Black cops "don't play well" with hood rats at all. Look what happened in Baltimore.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Once again we don't know all the facts yet and the liberal media and government are fanning racial tensions.

The media was already proven WRONG with Baltimore, Ferguson, and Trayvon. They need to actually report news and not speculation and anti-police propaganda. Now the world knows Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown and Freddie Gray were violent thugs whose own actions caused their deaths, Trayvon and Big Mike when they attacked people and Freddie when he tried to hurt himself on purpose but did it a little too well!
I'd say it's all too often the police who are "fanning racial tensions".

Old 07-07-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
CONFIRMED: Bloods Gangbanger, Democrat #AltonSterling Owned Illegal Gun, Had Drug, Assault Weapon Convictions - GotNews

For all those commenting on how horrible these cops are - please research before making fools of yourself - it's called google. The guy has an arrest record a mile long - the cops tried tazing him and it did no good. He was seen brandishing the weapon at other store patrons and that's why the cops were called in the first place. You can't see his hands distinctly in either of the videos to say whether or not the cop had the perception that he was going for his weapon.

You were wrong on Tayvon, Michael Brown and Freddie Gray. Sorry - white - black or Martian - the scum of society will continue to prey on the rest of us without police intervention. I challenge one of you yahoos to strap on a gun and do what these police officers have to do every night. You won't because you only feel safe in your all white communities behind gates where you spew the racist card at the rest of us. It's not about color but about protecting the good people in a community from the bad guys. Hopefully, you'll never be put in that position where you pray a police officer or some upstanding citizen with a gun shows up.

What's the old adage - a Republican is a Democrat who has been mugged - hopefully you can figure that out.
1. No one is excusing the character of the dead man. No one here has said what a good guy he was. That's not the point at all.

2. In my view, "we" (whoever "you" was) were not wrong on Trayvon Martin. He didn't need to die, and as we have learned since, his killer is an unsavory character.

3. Anyone who kills someone unnecessarily is "the scum of society".

4. Well, I'm a Democrat who was robbed twice...by White guys.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The usual police experts and haters are alive and well in city data

We respond to man with a gun
We fight that man with a gun
We find that man with a gun is fighting and has a gun
We shoot that man with a gun

Seems pretty reasonable to me

You don't get to point your gun to be a threat

Ill await the full investigation on this one

For the grace of God there go I

Seems to me that many of you think that the threat to our safety can't just be reasonably perceived it has to be immediate and real time

Doesn't exactly work that way

My heart goes out to these two coppers who will have targets in their backs for just doing their jobs...

After reading how some of you wonder police experts would have handled it I am amazed..are some of you living in the real world

There are some very sick people out there....and here
Yes, all those who praise extra-judicial killings are very sick.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:25 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So you are claiming EVERY TIME an officer is involved in a shooting they send the FBI the NEXT DAY?

So, I come back to my first post which you IGNORED, if the officer is black and the person who got shot is white, do they send the FBI the next day, if EVER?

A simple question.

I have no idea if the FBI is involved after every officer involved shooting IF the person shot was white and the office black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I have no idea why these white officers want to "serve and protect" in these black neighborhoods. The officers in these black neighborhoods need to be reflected what the neighborhood looks like
I disagree. There are bad black cops too.

Last edited by fitzy24; 07-07-2016 at 09:16 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Yes. Something the propaganda filled media won't tell you
So the "propaganda filled media" is keeping it a secret...but a lot of us know it by...ESP?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:25 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Dang, Shabazz, you're gettin' slow. I'd have expected you to weigh-in with your anti-cop stuff at least 15 pages ago.
I'm pro-police, police oversight. There is a pattern of abuse of power by law enforcement and undervaluing of black lives..

Old 07-07-2016, 09:27 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,376 times
New Video Emerges of Alton Sterling Being Killed by Baton Rouge Police - The Daily Beast
WARNING: GRAPHIC 07.07.16 8:00 AM ET
New Video Emerges of Alton Sterling Being Killed by Baton Rouge Police

Footage provided to The Daily Beast shows Alton Sterling being repeatedly shot by police officers after he was pinned to the ground.

Muflahi walked out the front door when he saw the officers talking to Sterling and said there was no “altercation,” as police claimed, until the cops tasered and tackled Sterling. That’s when Muflahi took out his phone and started recording.
The Daily Beast is publishing this video in its entirety—despite its graphic nature—because it shows what happened before, during, and after the killing of Sterling. A previous video only showed him being tackled and the first two gunshots.

Muflahi’s video does not appear to support the officer’s claim that Sterling’s gun represented an active threat: It appears to have been in a pocket and never reached his hand. Instead, the video shows Sterling pinned down, shot twice in the chest, and then shot four more times. Why shoot after he was already shot twice? They just want to make sure he's dead. Pathetic!
--
When cops just show up and arrest you, tase you, tackle you, not all just obey or react calmly.
They ask questions, some are afraid, some resist but what's in cops' mind that they have to arrest a person right then and there in that moment or kill if that's not possible?

Last edited by Mystery123; 07-07-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies