Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:53 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times

Advertisements

I work as a contractor/consultant so get to see a lot of what goes in the workplace.

Take these examples :

Working at Telstra , the Aussie telecom company , based in California. One of the customer reps there , a young Black guy ,was not pulling his weight and was verbally warned by his Hispanic Female supervisor. Before we knew it , he was complaining out loud of being warned only because he was Black. One of the senior mgrs there, a Aussie Italian guy similar to Jay Leno and a legend in that company , called him into his office . When the Black guy was in the door , the mgr slammed the door so hard it very well nearly fell of the hinges . He dressed him down for trying to pull the race card. Within a month the Black guy was out of there. Good for the mgr I thought to myself and so did everyone else.

At the old AIG in San Francisco, there was a quiet ever so gentle Filipina in her 50's who just really did her job and went home with any fuss or bother. A black female admin there seemed to have issues with this lady. She would pass her in the hallway or around her desk and do the passive aggressive "HELLO LETTY , HOW ARE YOU TODAY , HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND OH LET ME ASK YOU DID YOU DO ANYTHING FUN OR EXCITING .....HUHHHHHH" . The filipina would just pass her by and not even answer her ever. She was wise to how insincere and overly aggressive this Black woman clearly was.

At the same company, in a different dept, run by a warlike Black woman, two young Black males would actually just stay together , even go the bathroom as two and engaged in untoward behavior such as just stopping at your desk and staring at you so much so to make you feel uncomfortable and then walk slowly away while s******ing to themselves. Nobody said a word and these two were truly not into even having a casual conversation with anybody , most especially White males.

While at AIG, in one of the training classes there conducted by a really nice and cool Filipina lady , some of the young Blacks in the class would routinely break down in laughter and mock her accent and mimic her in the middle of the class. Guess who was the mgr there ?. Yep the same warlike Black mgr. So the young Blacks could do what they wanted.

At the company where I got fired, my IT director there , a White biker guy , was so afraid of encounters with the Black b****h there , he would even in meetings, if sitting opposite here , and when talking would say to her " I am not looking at you ok " or at other times to placate her " you know some of best music is in Black Clubs" now he is the last guy on earth to go to a Black Club, maybe an Irish Whiskey Bar but certainly not the ghetto. This same guy would protect the White guys there at all times. He knew what was up there. Need more like him.

Another non profit company run by a liberal Harvard grad and her Harvard hubby. We had a Black guy , though highly educated was there for no more than schmoozing and charming some of the ladies in the office. He was on a big salary and contributed nothing. One time, another Harvard grad and a true business genius took the hubby aside and basically tore him to pieces for taking on the Black guy and just being a yes man to every thing he did. Anything for these two Harvard grads, the hubby and wife, oh so liberal to embrace Blackness and be oh so hip. Really pathetic.

All of the above happened in the State of California. I wonder do some Blacks more here knowing full well they can do what they want in this state and call foul to racism if they are not pulling their weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
I have seen companies where the AA employees has pretty much ran the labour crew through discrimination, but i also seen women do this with the threat of sexual harassment. I quit one job within minutes due to harassment threat, forget what it was about, nothing major just a typical "that look good on you today" she claimed she was going file a sexual harassment charge, and i know you can't win them, so minutes later i walk into boss office and quit. within seven minutes of that lady making the claim, i was driving home.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:35 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
So you can imagine the power that can be brought to bear by a black woman in charge of HR...........

Old 07-10-2016, 11:39 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
The only people that can help themselves and pick themselves out of a gutter, is the individuals themselves. Not all people are in the same predicament nor do they want to be.

People have to assume responsibility for themselves, and if they can't do that, then no one else can.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:47 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm sure a lot of you would agree that blacks should in fact be responsible to dealing with the black on black crime that takes place largely between black men.

Having said that, since racism is largely perpetuated by white people, shouldn't they be responsible for dealing with and eliminating racism ?

Chime in?
Here is your problem, as a black man speaking for white folks. Your problem is creating a false equivalency based on the false premise that white people can be morally inferior to black people in any way shape or form, while ignoring that it is a known FACT that black people are proven to be INFERIOR. Any moral problems white have is equally a problem among blacks and others, but problems that blacks have are problems of BLACKS, not shared in degree, if not kind, with others.

Racism is a trait that is normal among humans. Violence, personal irresponsibility, ow IQ...etc is particular to black people. It's who they are....its in their DNA, while racism is neither pandemic or endemic to whites. Plus...blacks sold blacks into slavery and some blacks even own slaves in the United states, meaning that blacks created their own problems.....not whites.

How did I do white folks? I could be your press secretary.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-10-2016 at 12:04 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 11:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
People use to have the options to get a factory job, go in the military, or trade schools and even university.
During the time when people had the option to join or be drafted in the military, not only poor minorities but poor white men had an options that helped them develop and find means of social uplift in grooming, training and economics.

Now with the military no longer taking such vast numbers and the industrial sector was constructively given to China and any other S.E. Asian location where slave wage labor could be found. Followed by "Union Busting" as a way to remove the pathway to Middle class living, has been taken away.

It's created a nation wide poverty, which target the avenues blacks utilized and for whites they have been considered expendable collateral damage by the system of white society who chose to make difficult the pathways for minorities.

All this went into overdrive fast pace, the minute Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed. By 1969, Nixon was in China sending to them the Ore Processing of Steel Mill, as a means to bust up the strongest Union, so it would be easy to bust up the rest.
Detroit and the Automobile which built much of America was shipped off shore, and the unthinkable of destroying Detroit was just a matter of time.

There were no barriers nor limits the wealthy whites of society would not go beyond to ensure there would be no means for economic parity by minorities. The whites who lost out were considered as acceptable collateral damage.

When the working poor and poor whites wake up and realize it, they may join with black people and stand up against the white dominated industrial military and financial systems which has cast them to the side and steam rolled over them along with the aim to steam roll over minorities.
When white awaken and realize the only thing they were given is "access to credit" as a means to give them the delusion and illusions of prospering, but in fact, simply turns them into life long indentured servants unto the wealthy.
American white average person has not been able to have a saving account since the mid to late 1960's, because the system was ushered in quickly to prevent the advancement of black people and other minorities to gain economic uplift.
When white people get over the bigotry, they can then and only then open their eyes and see it is the wealthy whites who have been the catylsis of constructive demise of how to keep them down, and how to feed them bigotries tid bits to keep them pushing racist havoc in the streets. The wealthy know, as long as it can keep them riled up with bigotry, they will remain blind to the reality of the wealthy whites as being the true culprits to their dilapidated conditions.
Great post! All of it is factual, but don't hold your breath waiting for whites to get over their bigotry to unite with similarly disenfranchised blacks to find common cause. Ain't gonna happen. Conservative whites would rather be destitute than do that. Remember, these are the water carriers of billionaires, it's how they've been trained to think. Not only would they have to overcome bigotry, they would also have to stop willingly being servile to the ruling class. I don't see either changing anytime soon.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:53 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So you can imagine the power that can be brought to bear by a black woman in charge of HR...........
The head of HR at AIG in San Francisco is Black.

On one occasion, there was a Underwriting Assistant there , a young Black guy , it must be said just a show up and do the job sort of employee.

So it comes around to the time when we are all playing this contest to pick employees for a fantasy football contest or something or other. People were nominating who they wished and it was all fun and not a bit serious.

Guess what , over the company email , the Black HR dir, sends a broadcast email telling everybody she is nominating the young Black guy as QB. Most of us were like what the heck is this?. Why would anybody do that . but then again she was the head of HR and she was Black.

I can tell you all from my observations that Black women in corporate America are on a mission .

Old 07-10-2016, 11:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm sure a lot of you would agree that blacks should in fact be responsible to dealing with the black on black crime that takes place largely between black men.

Having said that, since racism is largely perpetuated by white people, shouldn't they be responsible for dealing with and eliminating racism ?

Chime in?
Racism is largely perpetuated by black people many who have been expressing their hatred through leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessy Jackson. The myth that only white people are racist is popular but most myths are.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:03 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Great post! All of it is factual, but don't hold your breath waiting for whites to get over their bigotry to unite with similarly disenfranchised blacks to find common cause. Ain't gonna happen. Conservative whites would rather be destitute than do that. Remember, these are the water carriers of billionaires, it's how they've been trained to think. Not only would they have to overcome bigotry, they would also have to stop willingly being servile to the ruling class. I don't see either changing anytime soon.
Unbelievable that there are people who think the way you do.

The American people, collectively, have been duped and harmed. And you equate this to white people being bigots.

Hard to feel sorry for people sometimes. But it's easy to see where much of the racism and hate is coming from today. And since it is basically institutionalized at this point, it's probably not going to improve anytime soon.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:06 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Racism is largely perpetuated by black people many who have been expressing their hatred through leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessy Jackson. The myth that only white people are racist is popular but most myths are.
Hey....I have already spoken for you. I GOT THIS. Sit back and relax in your white robe.

Blacks should be held accountable for "black on black crime" Wouldn't you agree. Here is what white folks should do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies