Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 12:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why excuse them? Without willing tools the drug war could not be waged.
Again, where is his suggestion it be ended?
These shootings had nothing to do with drug war.......BLM doesn't mention "drug war" why are you throwing this into every thread about police? When "drugs" are not the issue, you are beginning to look like the anti-gun deflecting for your own cause!

I hadn't noticed any of the people being arrested or shot because they had drugs on them......this is just confusing! Happens to be citizens not willing to vote for legalization, seems the police are enforcing what the people want. California can't even get legalized MJ, but you blame the police, you might want to think about who votes on enforcing laws.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:47 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What percentage of Dallas officer time is spent writing tickets for stuff that has nothing to do with public safety and all to do with revenue generation for the city? This is certainly not unique to Dallas.
You don't think traffic violations have anything to do with safety?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Writing tickets has nothing to do with public safety?
Ha! Glad someone else questioned this too.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have never seen any proof the police don't respect the people they serve. We just have a bunch of thugs who want to be able to do crime without getting caught. Civil disobedience has been taught to this generation and they are reaping what their parents sewed.

I am getting really tired of you and Obama bad mouthing the fine law enforcement in this country. Don't expect law enforcement to be more concerned for your life than you are. If you are concerned for your life you won't act in a way to make them fear for their lives. They have a real fear. Yours is imaginary.
Ahhhhh hush!

So cops have a dangerous job. Big deal. Lots of people do. If it's too dangerous for you to behave like a responsible adult, then quit. Ten more wannabe cops are standing in line to get into the academy.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have never seen any proof the police don't respect the people they serve. We just have a bunch of thugs who want to be able to do crime without getting caught. Civil disobedience has been taught to this generation and they are reaping what their parents sewed.

I am getting really tired of you and Obama bad mouthing the fine law enforcement in this country. Don't expect law enforcement to be more concerned for your life than you are. If you are concerned for your life you won't act in a way to make them fear for their lives. They have a real fear. Yours is imaginary.
I read yesterday that police are 18 times more likely to be shot by a black perpetrator than a black civilian is to be shot by police.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Depends.

Excessive speed and DUIs are major contributors to serious traffic accidents, destroying lives and property.

Failure to use your turn signal, not so much.
I know, this is a Sandra Bland reference. One thing never mentioned is that state troopers are traffic cops. That's what they do. Failure to use a turn signal is a traffic violation, so it's not out of order for a traffic cop to pull someone over for failure to use a turn signal. When I have a cop in my rear view, I always make sure to use my turn signal because I know it's a traffic violation. No need to give them a reason to pull me over. It's not rocket science.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:56 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I find it hard to believe that those cops who are "good" actually do report those who are corrupt. And if someone/something is actually verbalized or written against a crooked cop, the "whistleblower" "good" cop meets some kind of unethical and/or unprofessional retribution from his fellow officers (both corrupt and so-called good). It's easier to turn a blind eye to all the illegal and unethical acts done by their fellow officers, it's easier to keep silent while many innocent people become victims to these badged bullies in blue, it's easier to have the mindset of, "as long as it's not me that's corrupt". It's easier to not go through the ridicule, discrimination, and/or harassment from fellow officers than to take a validated stand against these corrupt criminal cops.

So, basically, the way I see it, we have a bunch of cowards in blue protecting a bunch of other cowards in blue. But I suppose some acts of bravery actually take place. After all, it takes a brave yet corrupt person to stand in public & receive a medal or other token of honor.
I think you see it, the way you see it, because of too much freakin' left wing, progressive, lying liberal TV shows.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Did the good chief mention ending the drug war, which is a victimless crime that consumes so much of a cops job?
Maybe the good chief doesn't think it's a victimless crime.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:04 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
WRONG. Who the hell is asking the police to solve those problems? That is pure hyperbole. People are just asking the police not to be trigger happy. The reality is that the police INHERIT the problems that society neglets to solve.

that's basically the same the same thing you are disagreeing with.

and the people asking the police not to be trigger happy aren't the ones asking the police to do all the stuff the police aren't supposed to be doing...

if you had taken the time to listen to Chief Brown, you would have heard him talking about the city government not doing their job... you would have heard him talk about those that ought to be dealing with various societal issues not being addressed properly then those things getting dumped on the police to handle the aftermath.

Chief Brown wasn't pointing any fingers at any protester organization.

and let me say for the second time that the Chief has instituted a great deal of training aimed at de-escalation and has seen dramatic drops in Police Brutality complaints. Dallas is headed in the direction you and I want related to this.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ahhhhh hush!

So cops have a dangerous job. Big deal. Lots of people do. If it's too dangerous for you to behave like a responsible adult, then quit. Ten more wannabe cops are standing in line to get into the academy.
Shame on you and Obama. Five police officers were killed and many more wounded in Dallas last Thursday. Everybody who spoke except Obama brought honor to all of them. I sat there thinking what it would be like to have had your loved one killed like these men were and then have Obama use their deaths the way he did. It is not right that he went to Dallas to rub salt in their wounds.

He talked about law and order in our nation on the same day it was reported by posters on this forum that his AG took the fifth in congress. What a hypocrite. Does he not realize what a donkey he made out of himself. If that is the way he planned to act it is my opinion he should have stayed in Washington.

I want the families of all the policemen in America to know how sorry I am they had to sit through that hypocritical speech. January come quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful the mayor of Dallas and George Bush had already spoken and built the families up before Obama came in with his darts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies