Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 10:50 AM

811 posts, read 550,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I'd venture to say that Asians living here do get stopped, fined, or locked up. The difference is that they don't actively want to kill the police. Hence, they aren't killed.

Black people do have a country like that. They live in it now. The difference is that they are actively working to tear the country apart with these violent movements instead of supporting the country with the hope that we can maintain our freedom and way of life. In the past we used to watch the news and look at third world countries fraught in civil war amongst themselves and go "That would never happen here." Now, when you turn on the news, most of the stories are about that very thing happening here.
Sir, black people do not actively want to kill police either (collectively). Whites have killed more police officers than blacks over the past few years. If we really wanted to do that, we would have started it a long time ago because this talk about police brutality has been going on since the 60's. I'd provide you sources that more cops have died in the line of duty from whites than blacks but I'm on my phone which makes it difficult but I'll allow you to do your own research. I know you're an intelligent person I've read some of your other posts.

Secondly, sir with all due respect, your second paragraph is BS. Your statement that black people have a country that will fight for them internationally (and that it happens to be America) the way the Chinese here have China is hilarious. And it would be hilarious to anyone else who understands why that's not true. Ask a foreigner what their first image of an American is that comes to mind and I can assure you it's not a black person.

Let me ask, since America is "the country like that" as you say can you please tell me where America was when The conflicts in Rwanda were occurring. Where was America last year when the Dominican Republic was killing the Black Dominican citizens as they were deporting them for no legitimate reason? If the Jewish community was being persecuted anywhere in this world today outside of Israel, Israel would be right on it by any means necessary. The same with the Chinese, China would put the hammer down. I can go on and give numerous examples. Donald Trump would not dare to fix his mouth to so much as say anything that could even be perceived as disrespectful to the Jewish community. But Hispanics/Latinos he could do that from dusk til dawn.

Black people globally can be ***** on because the international community knows there is not a single Black Country in the top 20 that has the most powerful military. And this is sad, coming from a black man. You know this I'm sure.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
We are AMERICANS. Black Americans are AMERICANS. "Our" leader is YOUR leader. We DO NOT have a separate leader. My current leader is President Obama. Prior to that MY leaders were George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, etc.

Evidently some one forgot to tell a lot of your Brothers and Sisters about this. The violence continues and the call for killing cops continues, so don't even try to sell that crap here. Your kind of solution to this is all talk about how wrong the White folks are, and How bad the Police are, and how you folks are just victims, and not the biggest part of the problem. Sorry, but that's a "Fail."

Old 07-19-2016, 10:59 AM

270 posts, read 198,557 times
Quote:
This is nothing new. I personally have respect for law enforcement however this MUST change. Black people are treated differently by law enforcement and may police officer abuse their authority.

Having black skin is NOT a crime. This MUST stop. It happens every day. Black people are reaching the breaking point. If you do not like or even hate black people then you should not be a police officer in predominantly black areas. This is not about GOOD police officers, its about the rotten apples.

I understand that law enforcement is a low paid and often thankless job but police officers must stop taking out their anger and frustrations on citizens. Change must come in the way in which officers treat the community AND the improvement of the training and salaries of police officers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30tT93FChQ

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbdZ8x6nc1k[/UR.
The Floyd Dent case in Michigan is one of the few, recent cases were the guilt of the cops is clear-cut. No one can or has argued any differently. We as, Black people, need to distinguish cases like these and those cases where there may be fault on both sides. Yelling murder in every single case before the facts come out weekens the case for police brutality.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Sometimes inaction is the best action if the action has the wrong meaning behind it. You don't have to go out and protest, join a movement, or do any of those things to make a difference. Sometimes being the one who DOESNT do those things can have a bigger impact.
This is very true.

My husband use to invite kids who had no dad involved, to go camping, fishing, hunting, shooting and whatever else he thought these kids would like to do. The were mostly friends of my kids, and they learned they could have a nice place to live, party a little on the weekend and back to work during the week. The understood the whole day was about them, but come dark adults had their time and a little drinking might be involved. They also understood drinking was not allowed for them until they were 21 and it would not happen on our watch.

Every now and then, those same young men come by with beer (certainly over 21) they bought with their hard earned money and tell my husband what they are up to and what they are doing to get ahead. They once thought life could not be good without doing drugs, living on welfare and blaming their parents or others for their life outcome.

Hands on and leading by example, is much more rewarding than sitting in a room telling others how to get through life and thinking you're getting through to them. Plus, many people get paid to mentor by the government.

Quote:
The program that I was working with was in a predominantly black and Hispanic area. And I am currently mentoring a young white guy at work who asked for my guidance.

What is your point?
Your not a second class citizen and no one thinks you are, except, possibly you.......you and others happen to experience the same things ALL of us do! Stay out of trouble the man in blue is not waiting for you and most of these young people involved in the shootings, have been involved with the law more than 3 times. Like I told my white son, who got many traffic tickets when he started driving, "the small town judge should not know you by name, pay your tickets, watch your driving and cops will know you less." As I recall even with their hate for police, they never wanted dead ones. If any of them called the police "pigs" this mom, would have corrected them quickly, they couldn't even cuss at my house, where their parents or single mom allowed it at home.

Just what can a black woman, teach a young white man? Would be like me thinking I could mentor a young black man.

Now my husband, he certainly could, but it would take energy, he is hard to keep up with. Even, to this day young men enjoy being around him, he works with them and tells them straight up to "get over it" if they want to make a difference in their own life. We have more sons than we ever planned to have in our lives, just by showing them family values. I wish their own fathers cared enough to make a difference.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
We ARE treated differently by law enforcement
How do YOU treat the law? and I don't mean police, I mean the laws of the land? Until you recognize this at the same time you build your argument on sand

Old 07-19-2016, 11:38 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Evidently some one forgot to tell a lot of your Brothers and Sisters about this. The violence continues and the call for killing cops continues, so don't even try to sell that crap here. Your kind of solution to this is all talk about how wrong the White folks are, and How bad the Police are, and how you folks are just victims, and not the biggest part of the problem. Sorry, but that's a "Fail."
Your attempt to shame this young woman with your guilt trip rhetoric, just for her looking for a solution for this madness as a collective of many human beings, is a fail. If you're putting people down for speaking out against police brutality toward people of color and how they wish to stop it (which doesn't involve killing cops), then YOU are a part of the problem.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Can we at least start by ending the "African American,Hispanic American" etc,etc,etc? Hyphenated America is NOT a cohesive one people America.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:16 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Sir, black people do not actively want to kill police either (collectively). Whites have killed more police officers than blacks over the past few years. If we really wanted to do that, we would have started it a long time ago because this talk about police brutality has been going on since the 60's. I'd provide you sources that more cops have died in the line of duty from whites than blacks but I'm on my phone which makes it difficult but I'll allow you to do your own research. I know you're an intelligent person I've read some of your other posts.

Secondly, sir with all due respect, your second paragraph is BS. Your statement that black people have a country that will fight for them internationally (and that it happens to be America) the way the Chinese here have China is hilarious. And it would be hilarious to anyone else who understands why that's not true. Ask a foreigner what their first image of an American is that comes to mind and I can assure you it's not a black person.

Let me ask, since America is "the country like that" as you say can you please tell me where America was when The conflicts in Rwanda were occurring. Where was America last year when the Dominican Republic was killing the Black Dominican citizens as they were deporting them for no legitimate reason? If the Jewish community was being persecuted anywhere in this world today outside of Israel, Israel would be right on it by any means necessary. The same with the Chinese, China would put the hammer down. I can go on and give numerous examples. Donald Trump would not dare to fix his mouth to so much as say anything that could even be perceived as disrespectful to the Jewish community. But Hispanics/Latinos he could do that from dusk til dawn.

Black people globally can be ***** on because the international community knows there is not a single Black Country in the top 20 that has the most powerful military. And this is sad, coming from a black man. You know this I'm sure.

*Sigh*

Sir,

Whites have not actively gone around publicly protesting to kill all police officers. Not now... not ever. There are criminals of every color but that does not negate the fact that right now officers are dying DAILY at the hands of a black movement.

You're trying to compare two different situations. If there were American citizens of any race in another country and they were being persecuted, the US would take action to remedy the problem. The US isn't sending Americans to Rwanda and risking our citizens to stop a civil war in another country. The US isn't sending Americans to the Dominican Republic to stop a civil war in another country. The only time you see this is if that war has the potential to disrupt the American way of life and poses an immediate threat to our country. China is not going to send military here if an American citizen of Chinese descent is being persecuted anymore than Israel would sent anyone here over an American of Jewish descent. (If you have valid examples, I'm willing to discuss them)

I don't know why Donald Trump got brought into the discussion unless you assume that because I am white I side with him. I agree with some of his concerns, but not nearly all. The Jewish community are legal residents of the US.... the Hispanics that Trump elude to are illegal aliens. (That still doesn't mean I agree with him, but let's call a spade a spade)

I don't know how black people are treated globally, and it really isn't part of this conversation. We are speaking on America. I know that in the USA, black people are treated EXTREMELY well DESPITE the constant complaints that nothing is ever good enough.

Next question, please.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
We are AMERICANS. Black Americans are AMERICANS. "Our" leader is YOUR leader. We DO NOT have a separate leader. My current leader is President Obama. Prior to that MY leaders were George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, etc.
Obama is not my leader. He is my servant. So was Bush. Remember the term public servant?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post

Not quite true on the stats. I did provide FBI numbers in another thread and black males were much more likely to assault and kill police officers. I used that information to suggest it may explain why some cops seem to be a little jumpy when stopping black males.

Now, that's not to suggest that there are no racist cops out there - we all know better. We've seen the evidence, viewed the video's, etc. And many black males have been killed without cause. AGAIN, we've seen the videos of this.

But both sides need to make adjustments - and every time I post this notion, it's ignored. There are parts of Chicago where ZERO respect is shown to cops. They get spit on, they're met with hostility when they stop someone.

You tell me - if someone is reacting to you that way, getting in your face and acting hostile, and they make a move, you're not reaching for your gun?

And that is ESPECIALLY TRUE after these most recent cop killings. All these assassins have done is ensure more black males be shot by cops because the cops are sure to be more nervous than a Kardashian in a spelling bee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies