Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 11:47 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
It's crime mapping and can't judge department by one bad apple
By that logic you can't group all Blacks because of the bad apples, yet here we are...

If you were from NYC like me you'd know that this is an ongoing issue within the department, plenty of minority cops in the inside tell the same thing.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Please read my link to the Black police officers comments............
More all lIves matter to counter BLM, Black on Black crime, more whites get killed by the police, etc... The usual crappie that gets posted to deflect from the issue of unfair treatment of Blacks at the hands of police and a way to justify it, yes I read that nonsense.

Please refute what was said in the video links I've posted. Btw, speaking of black cops...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oK35y9-dTuw

Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
All of the black people that I know are college educated. Most are also professionals. We all work very hard for everything that we have.

So again, what are your ideas or solutions?

Off the top of my head, I think identifying the TRUE 'high crime' group makes it easier to address that demographic specifically.

Note that those demographic factors largely reinforce each other - dropouts are not only NOT going to go on to college, they're also much more likely to be unemployed, and men who are neither employed or in school are much more likely to be unmarried and unmarriageable.

So anything that reduces the prevalence of one of these demographic factors makes a positive difference.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:58 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
If one goes out of their way to portray themselves as a "Gangsta" or some "Thug" you can expect to get Police attention.
This is a large part of it.
How many of these black shootings were done on unarmed people not resisting, not backtalking, not committing crimes, not resisting arrest, or not dressed like wanna be gang members?
Even Mr castile looked like an armed robbery suspect (of a robbery that happened near where he was stopped) and had a gun, and made a move that could be misconstrued. (From various sources). If you get stopped, you (everyone...even white middle aged women like myself), should be turning on their car's interior light, and keeping your hands planted high up on your steering wheel. When the officer asks for id/reg/ins you should be telling them where it is, and asking if you can get it. If you have a weapon, you should be telling them where it is while your hands are planted on the wheel, and not taking them off until you ask cop if you can get your ID from "x". If you don't make the cop fearful, you won't get dhot. It's really not that hard of a concept.
If you think the stop was wrong, or your rights were violated the time to argue it is in court...not at the side of a rd with an armed cop that knows his life is at risk during every stop.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
There are cuts in the video and we don't know why the police were called in the first place.

Let me ask you a question OP: do you think black skin is the reason this happens? If so, why don't we hear about this happening with southern Indians, many of whom are darker than black Americans?
YOU are the one talking about black skin. East Indians are not black people.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:01 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
That's why individuals need to have less of a dependency on goverment assistance.

Perhaps ironically, as Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents (government calls them ABAWDs) are generally NOT the ones on the dole, they're not very dependent on government.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:05 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:
This is nothing new. I personally have respect for law enforcement however this MUST change. Black people are treated differently by law enforcement and may police officer abuse their authority.

Having black skin is NOT a crime. This MUST stop. It happens every day. Black people are reaching the breaking point. If you do not like or even hate black people then you should not be a police officer in predominantly black areas. This is not about GOOD police officers, its about the rotten apples.

I understand that law enforcement is a low paid and often thankless job but police officers must stop taking out their anger and frustrations on citizens. Change must come in the way in which officers treat the community AND the improvement of the training and salaries of police officers as well.

I know that many of the usual suspects will go off of the topic but this is about changing the manner in which law enforcement interacts with the communities that they police. This thread is about ideas and solutions. Please keep it moving if you have neither to offer.

You are clueless.........the Police will act differently in areas of HIGH CRIME RATE regardless of color. Its call good police work.

The Police gets pressure by their superiors and their political bosses to bring crime rate down. If Crime rate doesn't come down the police get their a$$es chew from top to bottom.

The job of the Police is to not only investigate crimes already committed but to prevent crimes before it happens in high crime rate areas to bring down the crime rate.......so if police have to profile from the data base and intelligence so be it, unless you have a better way to bring crime rate down.

to prevent crimes in a high crime rate area and in a community that doesn't cooperate with the police, the police will be more aggressive and will profile....something the black community are against.

the problem is that the culture in the black communities which have a high crime rate is to challenge the police and authority and not cooperate with the police.....that's the problem.......high crime rate is not going down by the police being soft or passive or ignoring lawbreakers.

so tell me what tactics you want the police to change to bring HIGH CRIME RATE down which is their job while not getting killed or putting their lives at a higher risk?

The police puts their lives on the line everyday to protect the community from the most violent criminals for a $hitty pay and they get pressure everyday to bring the crime rate down, they get their a$$es chew from top to bottom why the crime rate keeps going up......so put yourself in their shoes.

if the Police are aggressive in high crime rate areas they complain.....if they are too passive in high crime rate areas and crimes rates stay the same or goes up, they complain.

its a no win situation for the police in these high crime rate areas where they get no respect and not cooperation from the communities.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:05 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,491,591 times
" We ARE treated differently by law enforcement - this MUST change "

This appears to be true with some departments. However, other departments are innocent. When departments with good reputations are attacked, the public loses sympathy. Nobody hates a bad apple more than me, but after Dallas, my sympathy is close to zero.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
All cops should not only undergo extensive psychological screening before hiring and periodically, they should also be screened out if they display racial biases, using a test like this for example:

UnderstandingPrejudice.org: Implicit Association Test

Old 07-18-2016, 12:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Again, this thread is about ideas and solutions. Please keep it moving if you have neither to offer.
But you cant seek out ideas and solutions based upon a false premise you create..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies