Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:24 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,655,736 times

Advertisements

This thread is not meant to be political, but to highlight the ways in which the Obama Administration's policies affected CLT.

The past eight years have passed by quickly, and I will miss our President's wit, humor, and delivery when giving speeches. Our President is an articulate and intelligent man .

Back to CLT:

It's my (unlearned) perception that this President has done a lot, in promoting initiatives that have benefited Charlotte specifically. I say this with the thought of monies made available for lite rail projects; initiatives that moved energy providers away from coal fired plants; initiatives that encourage community building/downtown initiatives.

I think this President's initiatives have made a substantial, positive, impact on Charlotte.

(Please, PLEASE, keep the bathroom debate off this thread)

What say y'all?

Old 07-21-2016, 07:50 PM

415 posts, read 607,549 times
One way his policies have effected Charlotte is through Obama care or affordable health... Every year since my insurance costs more and I get less freedom of choice for doctors. Remember "if you like your doctor you can keep them"... Yeah f-in right, NOT true.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:16 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,444,619 times
Doesn't local government affect Charlottle more than federal government?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:34 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,281,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
One way his policies have effected Charlotte is through Obama care or affordable health... Every year since my insurance costs more and I get less freedom of choice for doctors. Remember "if you like your doctor you can keep them"... Yeah f-in right, NOT true.
Obamacare actually stymied soaring medical cost else medical cost would be even higher without it. Your medical bill was going up regardless of Obamacare which has lessened the blow. The medical profession has a lot of transients so "keeping" a doctor is almost impossible nowadays and has been this way for decades. I don't know anyone who can't see their doctor of choice which is mostly driven by insurance companies/providers, not the federal government or Obamacare.

Employers have been shifting more burden/cost to employees for decades, where the hell have you been? The pre-Obamacare model was unstainable and still is today, thus why most employers are seeking ways to get out the medical care support business.

Unemployment, gas prices, stock market, etc have all "recovered" under Obama. And Charlotte like the nation is in much better shape under his watch. Can't wait till Trump gets in, $7.00 gas. stock market cliff, etc is right around the corner. Note if Trump get's in office, after one year, the unemployment rate will become the "real" unemployment rate....all credit to Trump for 5% unemployment and making America great again.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:38 AM

21 posts, read 18,191 times
Quote:
Unemployment, gas prices, stock market, etc have all "recovered" under Obama.
Under, but not because of Obama.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:21 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,281,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googoogjoob View Post
Under, but not because of Obama.
Then because of who? Congress? Bush or Trump? Lol. I know it's tough to give credit where credit is due....it just doesn't jive or make sense in that parallel universe. And all this without any support from a defiant congress/senate to make him a one term president - didn't pan out. Imagine what could've been accomplished with an ounce of support.

Charlotte also benefitted from the 2012 DNC with a ton of visibility and exposure. I'd say Charlotte and NC are doing and have done well "because" of Obama's leadership. Now if we can get the tool governor out of office, the sky is the limit.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:49 PM

415 posts, read 607,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Obamacare actually stymied soaring medical cost else medical cost would be even higher without it. Your medical bill was going up regardless of Obamacare which has lessened the blow. The medical profession has a lot of transients so "keeping" a doctor is almost impossible nowadays and has been this way for decades. I don't know anyone who can't see their doctor of choice which is mostly driven by insurance companies/providers, not the federal government or Obamacare.

Employers have been shifting more burden/cost to employees for decades, where the hell have you been? The pre-Obamacare model was unstainable and still is today, thus why most employers are seeking ways to get out the medical care support business.

Unemployment, gas prices, stock market, etc have all "recovered" under Obama. And Charlotte like the nation is in much better shape under his watch. Can't wait till Trump gets in, $7.00 gas. stock market cliff, etc is right around the corner. Note if Trump get's in office, after one year, the unemployment rate will become the "real" unemployment rate....all credit to Trump for 5% unemployment and making America great again.
I've been employing people and paying 100% of my own insurance. You've obviously been busy reading liberal talking points.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:05 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times
Obama saved me and thousands of other home owners in Charlotte from foreclosure when we lost our jobs.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,655,736 times
Hoped this would not become a political debate thread.

The bathroom debacle aside, do y'all think that a Romney presidency would've produced the street car line; an extended blue line (for the full 9.3 miles), and would Duke have abandoned coal fired plants as quickly?

Just wondering what the President's legacy will be in CLT.

Also forgot to mention that DeWalt now manufactures tools in Steele Creek .

Old 07-22-2016, 09:39 PM

21 posts, read 18,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Then because of who? Congress? Bush or Trump? Lol. I know it's tough to give credit where credit is due....it just doesn't jive or make sense in that parallel universe. And all this without any support from a defiant congress/senate to make him a one term president - didn't pan out. Imagine what could've been accomplished with an ounce of support.
Obama can hardly take credit when his philosophical outlook is opposed to much of what you cite for his supposed accomplishments. Obama didn't have a hand in lower gas prices. Lower gas prices would be a sin against his liberal dogma vis-à-vis automobile pollution impacting climate change! Fracking, something he opposes, has played a huge role in the gas price plunge. Regarding unemployment, skewing numbers is a fun game to play: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data. Less people counted in the labor force naturally will give the perception of lower unemployment.

What "defiant" congress/senate are you speaking of? He had full liberal control to start his presidency (who delivered the inviable "Obamacare"), and a rubber stamp congress ever since that folds and gives him whatever he wants following brief periods of feigned opposition and backroom dealing.

Obama's true accomplishment is the dramatic increase of the number of leaches on welfare. Hurrah for that, right?

I will concede that the DNC was a good financial boost for CLT. No denying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies