Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:57 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,908,269 times

Advertisements

3 Florida men charged with trying to join ISIL | Fox News

Good thing they were caught early enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 11:11 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,159,568 times
One of the guy's last name was 'Christian'.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:19 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,571,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Converts_to_Islam

Old 07-23-2016, 12:11 PM

24,590 posts, read 17,335,653 times
Why not let them join?

I say revoke their citizenship since they are planning on becoming traitors anyways then pack them up, fly over Syria and throw them out of the plane, with parachutes of course we do need to be civilized, and let them see how they like being abused by isis.
I wonder how long it would take for them to either be killed by isis or realize that they have just made the biggest mistake of their soon to be short miserable lives.

If someone hates America bad enough to want to join a group like isis why would we want to keep the around?

Old 07-23-2016, 12:45 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,632,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why not let them join?

I say revoke their citizenship since they are planning on becoming traitors anyways then pack them up, fly over Syria and throw them out of the plane, with parachutes of course we do need to be civilized, and let them see how they like being abused by isis.
I wonder how long it would take for them to either be killed by isis or realize that they have just made the biggest mistake of their soon to be short miserable lives.

If someone hates America bad enough to want to join a group like isis why would we want to keep the around?
I think they wanted to join and stay here and attack Americans. This is the kind of radical convert we are going to have to watch out for.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why not let them join?

Or drop them off in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with nothing but a cheap beach float toy and tell them to swim there and goodbye.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:00 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,186,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
This is the kind of radical convert we are going to have to watch out for.

Homegrown radical converts are the essence of the threat. We can pull American government personnel out of the Middle East and reduce our exposure there, we can screen everybody at US borders (assuming we could), but these people are already here. Plus, the bar has been set high when it comes to domestic acts of terrorism, and its only a matter of time before somebody attempts another large scale attack.

Unfortunately, to improve security, we are asked to accept infringement of our civil liberties. Its a very hard choice for Americans.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 PM

19,869 posts, read 12,155,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
So?
Idk the irony just stuck out lol

Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,972,851 times
Why is it illegal to join ISIS, but OK to join the Kurds and kill ISIS fighters?

Riddle me that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies