Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Except the middle class aren't the targets of her tax proposals… but hey!
Most middle class Americans have 401Ks. Taxing corporations will lower the return on investment and increase costs to consumers. There are not enough rich people to pay all the taxes.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hillary is a nut. She wants to tear down the 1% and make them pay their fair share well that upper crust of society are the business owners that make the economy run. Hillary is right up there with them at least in the top 10% being a multi millionaire so she has no worries and is out of touch with the common man. She hasn't driven a car since 1996 !

She will tax us all into oblivion to help pay for the welfare, health care, free tuition and all the other stuff that she promised to give away in her nomination speech last night. Where is all this money coming from ??
working class stiffs like yourself massively benefit from a national health care system, public roads and tuition free public universities. The alternative to these services being funded by progressive taxation is huge user fees which does not in any way take into account ability to pay, so working stiffs pay the same amount as the multimilionaire. Whats so great about that?

The donor class already rip off the working class by the thousands every year as a result of anti-worker trade deals, patent laws, weakening of anti-trust laws, all so that profits can remain high by allowing them to charge extra. Whats so great about that? There is no reason to grovel the donor class, Cape Cod. They dont care about you and laugh at you.

Last edited by PCALMike; 07-29-2016 at 07:46 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 07:40 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Middle class.. here we go.. redistribute that wealth... all the while she enriches herself...

Full List of Hillary
Indeed-

Eight years of liberal policy has resulted in :

1. 7% decline in incomes

2. record poverty rates

3. record low in work force participation since 1972

4. highest wealth gap since 1900

5. record number of citizens on foodstamps

6. rising crime rates

7. debt at $20 trillion

8. record lows in home ownership

............................ and now the liberals, after delivering 8 years of misery to America, wants to finish off the nation with 8 more years.

If the goal of government is to provide an environment which fosters individuals becoming prosperous, safe, and free, libs have failed dismally. If we want the nation to be impoverished serfs, the dems have done a great job.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Congress, not POTUS controls the purse strings and tax code.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I just quickly glanced at the linked article. Do you understand it? I'm not sure you do b/c these are not tax increases on the middle class. Also, not sure how this is enriching her personally. If anything, these proposals would add to her personal tax burden.
Thank you for allowing me a little editorial leeway...the article did not speak at all about Hillary Clinton enriching herself as a direct result of her taxation program....no..she has done that all herself through the Clinton foundation ...public speaking... Pay for play schemes thinly veiled as a part of her position.

As in most things involving Hillary Clinton if I..as a lowly government employee did any of the things she did I would be fired prosecuted and jailed

Violate public records act... Fired..potentially prosecuted
Accepting gifts... Censured demoted potentially fired...potentially prosecuted
Using my office or status in my job capacity to enrichen myself.. fired..filed on

I think I have a very clear understanding what the article means and beyond. Hillary Clinton intends to create Obamaism on steroids..to do that she needs money..if she is taxed heavily it is of no consequence because she has a nearly inexhaustible future income stream...

Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
true, but it's a lost cause this gang will just put their fingers in their ears and go la la la

Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
..................... so that is why you blamed Bush for the financial crisis, not the democrat senate and congress?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:00 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Thank you for allowing me a little editorial leeway...the article did not speak at all about Hillary Clinton enriching herself as a direct result of her taxation program....no..she has done that all herself through the Clinton foundation ...public speaking... Pay for play schemes thinly veiled as a part of her position.

As in most things involving Hillary Clinton if I..as a lowly government employee did any of the things she did I would be fired prosecuted and jailed

Violate public records act... Fired..potentially prosecuted
Accepting gifts... Censured demoted potentially fired...potentially prosecuted
Using my office or status in my job capacity to enrichen myself.. fired..filed on

I think I have a very clear understanding what the article means and beyond. Hillary Clinton intends to create Obamaism on steroids..to do that she needs money..if she is taxed heavily it is of no consequence because she has a nearly inexhaustible future income stream...
I was responding to what you wrote: "Middle class.. here we go.. redistribute that wealth... all the while she enriches herself..." Your response above does not make sense in regards to tax hikes. Your last sentence tells me that you may understand a little. Bottom line, this is not a tax hike on the middle class.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:03 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Lightbulb No such thing as free!

Liberals and Progressives listen up.

There is no such thing as free and your candidate will cause lost of income.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I was responding to what you wrote: "Middle class.. here we go.. redistribute that wealth... all the while she enriches herself..." Your response above does not make sense in regards to tax hikes. Your last sentence tells me that you may understand a little. Bottom line, this is not a tax hike on the middle class.
Ok..lets go back a step and make it really simple
Her tax hikes WILL affect the middle class substantially

She will enrich herself no matter what her tax plan is

The two are mutually exclusive observations... I was demonstrating her disconnect..I realize the internet makes for lost nuance

Apparently most other posters understand my meaning

Thank you

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-29-2016 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies