Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

The U.S. already transfers $3.1 billion in taxpayer money every year to Israel — more than any other country by far — but the new agreement Obama is set to sign “significantly raises” that amount, and guarantees it for 10 years.

(see article for map of aid)

In response to this massive windfall, Netanyahu is angry that he is not getting even more. For some time, “Netanyahu was holding out for as much as $5 billion a year.” Also, Israel has been opposed to efforts to direct more of that aid to U.S. military contractors rather than Israeli ones (so this “aid” package is as much a transfer of U.S. taxpayer money to weapons manufacturers in both countries as it is to Israel itself). Moreover, “Israelis are also said to be displeased with a U.S. position that whatever amount of money they agree on will be final and that Israel will not go to Congress requesting more money.”

continued...

As Israel Prospers, Obama Set to Give Billions More in Aid While Netanyahu Demands Even More

Never enough.

As Americans are desperate, half can't even drum up $400 on the spot.

When will enough be enough to do something about it ?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:36 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
As long as we cut aid to their enemies as well, I got no problem cutting the purse strings on Israel.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As long as we cut aid to their enemies as well, I got no problem cutting the purse strings on Israel.
I think the point is that "Israel" doesn't need any money.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I think the point is that "Israel" doesn't need any money.
"Israel" or Israel?

There is no country in the world called "Israel."

In the United Nations, there is a seat for Israel ... not "Israel."

I suppose you have an "opinion" about that?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
No country is entitled to any taxpayer money... Oops, I forgot israel is just another state

Old 08-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
"Israel" or Israel?

There is no country in the world called "Israel."

In the United Nations, there is a seat for Israel ... not "Israel."

I suppose you have an "opinion" about that?
The state of "Israel" doesn't have a monopoly on the noun "Israel",
which has other meanings.

While the majority of nations recognize the Judaic Supremacist State,
many still do not, and many others have only done so in recent years.

It is also important to remember that many states recognize "Palestine",
as an independent state, currently within the boundaries of the Zionist
Entity who stole their land and which refers to itself as "Israel".

Old 08-01-2016, 03:20 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Still wish the guilt from WW2 had just given the zionist Germany. Sure would have made life easier for the world.

Israel is just a little bigger than Harris county Texas. I cannot imagine what 5 billion a year would do for the economy.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The U.S. already transfers $3.1 billion in taxpayer money every year to Israel — more than any other country by far — but the new agreement Obama is set to sign “significantly raises” that amount, and guarantees it for 10 years.

(see article for map of aid)

In response to this massive windfall, Netanyahu is angry that he is not getting even more. For some time, “Netanyahu was holding out for as much as $5 billion a year.” Also, Israel has been opposed to efforts to direct more of that aid to U.S. military contractors rather than Israeli ones (so this “aid” package is as much a transfer of U.S. taxpayer money to weapons manufacturers in both countries as it is to Israel itself). Moreover, “Israelis are also said to be displeased with a U.S. position that whatever amount of money they agree on will be final and that Israel will not go to Congress requesting more money.”

continued...

As Israel Prospers, Obama Set to Give Billions More in Aid While Netanyahu Demands Even More

Never enough.

As Americans are desperate, half can't even drum up $400 on the spot.

When will enough be enough to do something about it ?
Israel is the single greatest beneficiary of financial and military aid from the US. This has been going on for 70 years.

Unlike other countries that receive financial military aid from the US, Israel is not required to use it to by weapons from the US. They are free to spend the windfall as they please.

I have no problem offering resettlement to all Jewish Isralites and last one out, toss a match.

The Middle East can fight amongst themselves for the ashes.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:04 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no problem offering resettlement to all Jewish Isralites and last one out, toss a match.
To where? Do you know how much would it cost?

Old 08-01-2016, 04:14 PM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
The main reason the US gives money to all these other countries is basically to bribe them into allowing the US dollar to remain the world currency.

If the US didn't give so much money away these other countries would have no interest at all in holding or buying US dollars. By giving all this money away these countries gladly accept it and want it to remain good so they can spend it and get benefits from its value.

Wouldn't you want a gift of money to have value rather than being given money that didn't have any value?

The whole US dollar is nothing more than a huge Ponzi scheme and they give these dollars away to keep it propped up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies