Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,558,448 times

Advertisements

Gang-rape videos on sale in India as violent crimes against women rise - Business Insider

BEYOND sick!!

India has a lot more work to do regarding how their culture treats women... and it's about time they do away with their dehumanizing caste system.

hard to believe so many American jobs are lost to a culture that treats entire segments of the population this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 03:29 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
How old are you? This stuff was going on. I asked my military hubby is that for real? And he said yes it is true. I saw George c Scott's movie Hardcore. I was shocked. But I was in my early 20's. I had 3 little boys. Never trusted anyone again. It is a perverted world

Old 08-04-2016, 04:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,472 times
I'm shocked.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,815 times
Um, there has been a lot of sick things going on out there, this isn't something new, nor is this something only going on in India....if you look, I bet you could even find it in the US.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Obviously it's not new but rapes and assaults against women are on the rise in India.

"2011 - 24,206 (reported rapes per year in India)
2012 - 24,923
2013 - 33,707
2014 - 37,000

In India a women is reportedly raped every 15 minutes. Multiply that by 24x7, 365 days a year. And keep in mind the majority of rape cases still go unreported. The statistics on crime against women is even worse: Every 2 minutes, a women in India is a victim of a crime. This ongoing issue with violence against women raises the real and serious question of whether India is truly ready for a seat on the global table."

Source - What

Old 08-04-2016, 04:20 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,842,230 times
People are being killed for eating cows in India. Please stay informed about the world events as it will open your eyes about third world countries. Dont rely on your local news channels like CNN as they rarely cover world events. I am shocked at how ill informed majority of Americans are about rest of the world. It is very important to be aware because you have immigrants & refugee programs so you have to judge how well someone can assimilate in your culture before voting for a leader who is going to open borders. Most Americans think world is progressing at same rate as the west but some cultures are heading towards barbarism.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
People are being killed for eating cows in India. Please stay informed about the world events as it will open your eyes about third world countries. Dont rely on your local news channels like CNN as they rarely cover world events. I am shocked at how ill informed majority of Americans are about rest of the world. It is very important to be aware because you have immigrants & refugee programs so you have to judge how well someone can assimilate in your culture before voting for a leader who is going to open borders. Most Americans think world is progressing at same rate as the west but some cultures are heading towards barbarism.
save your condescending comments

Rapes and assaults against women are on the rise in India and nothing is being done about it. I have a right to post about it. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Obviously it's not new but rapes and assaults against women are on the rise in India.

"2011 - 24,206 (reported rapes per year in India)
2012 - 24,923
2013 - 33,707
2014 - 37,000

In India a women is reportedly raped every 15 minutes. Multiply that by 24x7, 365 days a year. And keep in mind the majority of rape cases still go unreported. The statistics on crime against women is even worse: Every 2 minutes, a women in India is a victim of a crime. This ongoing issue with violence against women raises the real and serious question of whether India is truly ready for a seat on the global table."

Source - What
That is very sad, I hope India does something about this to reduce that number....or is this just suppose to be another one of those "we can't let them Muslims or whatever come to the US because bad things happen in the world.?"

If what is going on in India is such a concern for you, then why isn't these facts also a pressing issue? I don't recall you making any threads about this, which is something you should be more upset about.

About 20 million out of 112 million women (18.0%) in the United States have been raped during their lifetime.

Only 16% of all rapes were reported to law enforcement.

In 2006 alone, 300,000 college women (5.2%) were raped.

Among college women, about 12% of rapes were reported to law enforcement.
https://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Educatio...ookieSupport=1

That kind of info should be extremely disturbing to you that we allow this to happen in the US and for so much of it to go unreported because we don't make it easy or safe for women to report rapes.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
That is very sad, I hope India does something about this to reduce that number....or is this just suppose to be another one of those "we can't let them Muslims or whatever come to the US because bad things happen in the world.?"

If what is going on in India is such a concern for you, then why isn't these facts also a pressing issue? I don't recall you making any threads about this, which is something you should be more upset about.

About 20 million out of 112 million women (18.0%) in the United States have been raped during their lifetime.

Only 16% of all rapes were reported to law enforcement.

In 2006 alone, 300,000 college women (5.2%) were raped.

Among college women, about 12% of rapes were reported to law enforcement.
https://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Educatio...ookieSupport=1

That kind of info should be extremely disturbing to you that we allow this to happen in the US and for so much of it to go unreported because we don't make it easy or safe for women to report rapes.
for crap's sake! I don't have an agenda, yes I know this isn't new. and I don't need to post about US statistics before I post something about what goes on in other countries.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
for crap's sake! I don't have an agenda, yes I know this isn't new. and I don't need to post about US statistics before I post something about what goes on in other countries.
That's cool, so why is something that is happening in India such a concern for you then? Is there a reason for this thread, since this forum section is about politics and other controversies and isn't about crimes that happen in random countries? This focus you have on India seems kind of random, did you read some random bad news and felt you needed to tell others about it? Are you from India, do you know someone who is in India? Are you planning a visit to India?

Why aren't you more concerned about the rape that happens to so many women in the US? Shouldn't that be more of a pressing issue for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies