Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Islamification of small town USA a good thing
Yes, and you're wrong to even ask. 34 28.33%
No, and I fear America will die. 86 71.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 AM

120 posts, read 235,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Not the first time a religious group has faced hatred:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-C..._United_States

Old 08-07-2016, 11:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
No, I definitely don't. But I'm just as bummed out about a lot of this new church construction too.

Basically, I want all religious edifices to disappear. Churches, Mosques, Temples, revival tents, whatever...I hate it all.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:42 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
Not the first time a religious group has faced hatred:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-C..._United_States
As long as we are a melting pot of the world, we will always have groups that dont like others. Its perfectly normal.. Its not right in a utopia society, but it is what it is...

Old 08-07-2016, 11:49 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I have a feeling you don't want any churches or mosques, or temples,
or anything, but you haven't voted YES in the poll.
Please do so if you want millions of Arabs and mosques in America.

If you don't want the churches, then move to a country that bans
churches... woops, they are all Islamic.
Well, rant if you like, but obviously I was commenting on a absurdity of your comments saying ..
"the list goes on, non-English speaking, unskilled workers
living off the dole until they eventually get jobs.
Where are they getting the money to build the mosques ?
That's what I want to know.
This is just one article. It's happening all over the US.
"
So this business of "move to another country" is nothing but a temper tantrum.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:50 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The first mosque in the US was created in 1929 in North Dakota.

While I am opposed to accepting refugees from anywhere until the US brings the 35 year old challenge of illegal immigration to a conclusion, apparently there is no shortage of small/ rural town governments who are welcoming due to an inability to maintain their populations.

Nothing like cheap and legal immigrant labor and government sponsored benefits to boost the local economy.

Not too different than come counties in Apelachia that are very dependent on SSDI and other government benefits.
I too will oppose any and all refugee resettlement in the United States as part of what I think should be a moratorium on all immigration that would ideally last for 2-3 generations, a time during which a Brit, a Canadian, Swede, a German or an Australian would be hurdled from gaining citizenship (or even guest worker status) just the same as a Venezuelan, an Iranian, a Syrian or a Liberian.

Also, as for rural America...yeah, dead and dying. More low-wage workers won't change that simply because, for one, the work in many rural locations just isn't there. Even if we're talking about rural tourist economies, the immigrant population becomes competition for locals...and then social tension and all of that. Rural America is doomed without robust extractive industry, it's that simple.

Anyways, close the doors and board them tight. Maybe then this country will have a chance.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:55 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
As long as we are a melting pot of the world, we will always have groups that dont like others. Its perfectly normal.. Its not right in a utopia society, but it is what it is...
A continuation of impoverished conditions for such groups, however, will only lead to more malcontents. Good recipe for violence and unrest.

And poverty can be finally be addressed and relieved only when we stop opening the doors to more impoverished people.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I have a feeling you don't want any churches or mosques, or temples,
or anything, but you haven't voted YES in the poll.
Please do so if you want millions of Arabs and mosques in America.
Your "poll" is rigged. You channel responses to what you want, which makes it a fraud....

"Is the Islamification of small town USA a good thing" (What exactly do you mean by "Islamification"? Sharia law?)

"Yes, and you're wrong to even ask. (Obviously absurd and no one would say "yes")

"No, and I fear America will die." "Die"?? Ridiculous "option". And "no"? --To what? What is "Islamification"?

See? fraudulent. bogus. "push-polling'.

Afraid of the truth?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:59 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
As a Christian, I feel religion is VERY opinionated. You might not be able to find a pastor that you feel really connects with the way you think about religion, and that’s fine. Religion is about being able to connect with a higher power. It’s not about what your noisy neighbor down the street thinks.

I have no ideas how Muslims worship. But personally, I don't want to see religious buildings of any kinds popping up all over any towns. So no. It will be nice if all religious folks just connect with higher power at home or something.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, I definitely don't. But I'm just as bummed out about a lot of this new church construction too.

Basically, I want all religious edifices to disappear. Churches, Mosques, Temples, revival tents, whatever...I hate it all.
Agreed. The world needs to move toward non-religion or atheism. Religion is the source of plenty of hate, intolerance, strife, and even wars and it's all due to the fact that humans cannot stay with the original intent of a religion and practice it as intended originally. The worldly mind of man will always distort it over time and turn it into its opposite. Buddhist and Hindu sages have always said this will be true, and it is.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:06 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times
Default Belling the cat's paw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post

Radical Islam wasn't even a thing until the 60s, 70s, and 80s....decades after Western powers like the US and the UK overthrew a democratically elected government in Iran during the 1953 coup (because of British Petroleum interests) and installed an oppressive puppet government that had terror squads imprisoning thousands of people and torturing them using methods they learned from the CIA. Then of course we couldn't stay out of Iraq (twice!), Crated a power vacuum all across the ME after toppling people like Saddam and Gaddafi, which only gave rise to ISIS. Also, the Taliban was a product of the CIA when the Afghans were fighting Russia. Americans need to learn to stick to our own business. Maybe then we'd avoid all of the blowback.
Radical Islam was around before the 1960s, all the way back to the formation of the Shi'ites (politically, the Massacre of Karbala, 680CE). But Islam as a governmental system went into a long decline, ending in the breakup of the Ottoman Empire & the discovery of oil/natural gas in the Middle East. Yah, the 1953 coup in Iran was due to the UK government (which had simply taken over BP) wanting to renege on their agreement with Iran to train Iranian oil managers & skilled workers, & to share the profits more equitably. UK approached Pres. Truman, who told them No & that it was an Iranian internal matter. Then they approached Eisenhower - before he was sworn in as Pres., I believe - & sold the issue as anti-Communism. That made the sale, & the US underwrote the costs & manipulated Iranian press, street & some military hirelings, recalled the Shah from Italy, & Iran staggered forward for another 26 years or so.

learned from the CIA - Yes, we should have kept our own networks active in Iran. We didn't, we flew blind right up until the Shah fled again, & by then it was too late. We - the US, Congress, Executive, Pentagon, military contractors - got too used to Iranian oil proceeds turning into massive military goods orders for the US. Serves us right, the Middle East & nearby is nowhere to be dumb, fat & happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies