Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Islamification of small town USA a good thing
Yes, and you're wrong to even ask. 34 28.33%
No, and I fear America will die. 86 71.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 02:24 PM

47,015 posts, read 26,075,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
In God We Trust on US money (& the official US motto) dates back to Pres. Eisenhower & Congress & the Knights of Columbus, I believe. You'd really have to ask them which God was intended, although I'm pretty sure the K of C meant the Roman Catholic God. But that motto is a kind of bland religiosity - you can't pin down which God is meant, & I think that's the point of the exercise. It's a kind of civic religion, stripped of all specificity.
Funny bit - the Supreme Court calls it "Ceremonial Deism", defined as "nominally religious statements and practices deemed to be merely ritual and non-religious through long customary usage". In other words, the letter definition of taking the Lord's name in vain.

Not that I care - money could say "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" and I'd still happily try to get my hands on it.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
The more muslims that come here, the more bold they will get . They know there is strength in numbers. They will try to pass Sharia law here when they get a foothold here. If it continues with an influx of Sharia law believers , they will mix their belief system into government.. there is no separation of government and their religion.. there never was.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:34 PM

858 posts, read 708,893 times
I hate it. there's a church nearly on every corner in my town. I can't go anywhere without seeing these damn catholics everywhere shoving their religion in my face. How can anyone stand for that?

Now replace church with mosque and catholic with muslim. If you have a problem with either of those statements, you are a hypocrite and a bigot.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:37 PM

45 posts, read 30,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The pro-warmongering idiots of both parties start unprovoked wars that have killed and displaced countless of people in the ME then they complain about the millions of refugees their wars have created. Many muslim refugees coming to the west are no doubt seeking vengeance against the western infidels who have destroyed their lives, and thousands of western victims of terror attacks are now paying the price. If there were any justice Bush, Cheney and Hillary Clinton (who voted for war) would be tried for war crimes then handed over to ISIS.
Not to mention the defense budget is over 700 billion dollars a year. Not to mention Hillary was behind the Arab spring which started the whole mess in Syria, while Bush was the culprit in Iraq.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:48 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacebwithyou View Post
Not to mention the defense budget is over 700 billion dollars a year. Not to mention Hillary was behind the Arab spring which started the whole mess in Syria, while Bush was the culprit in Iraq.
Don't forget the years Bill Clinton was in , the talk was that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and the inspectors were no longer allowed to check for those weapons.. Clinton administration stated over and over that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and had to be taken out.
Just a few quotes. there were many more.

Democrat Quotes on Iraq

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Democrat Quotes on WMD

Old 08-07-2016, 03:01 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,767,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is what I'm thinking. We're looking at about 2,200 Mosques right now in the US.
That number could explode commesurate with the influx of hundreds of thousands,
then millions of Muslims coming to live here.

What the media isn't telling us is that wealthy Arabs like Khan are politically
powerful, they are involved in expediting the immigration of as many Muslims
as possible into the US.

Wealthy Muslims are founding charities that promote Islamification.

Foreign millionaires and billionaires can come here and buy up everything.

Do Americans have no rights in their own country ?
Yes , Americans have rights

Which is why they are allowed to build mosques.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,607,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yes , Americans have rights

Which is why they are allowed to build mosques.
Yes they are, if they are Americans.

But Americans also have the right to decide WHO and HOW MANY
become Americans at all.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 6,465,695 times
Wow, the fear-mongering on this thread is absolutely incredible. The nearest town to me, which, incidentally, is the location of our first President's boyhood home, has had a mosque for twenty years. It has a peaceful congregation which has done much in charitable outreach for the community. It is NOT full of members who are poor and dependent on government handouts; in fact, the business leader of the mosque is a prominent local businessman and community leader. They are quiet and non-threatening and try to accommodate their needs with the community's even when they face open discrimination, as they have recently when they tried to get a zoning variance. They certainly extended an olive branch to the community when they were treated with open hostility and racist remarks in public discussion. Their kids go to public school as well as Muslim religious school, just as our local synagogue has religious school for their congregants' children.

BTW, I remember when the word "synagogue" could be substituted for "mosque" in a debate; in fact, you probably still could do so with the same effect in some parts of the country.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:33 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Wow, the fear-mongering on this thread is absolutely incredible. The nearest town to me, which, incidentally, is the location of our first President's boyhood home, has had a mosque for twenty years. It has a peaceful congregation which has done much in charitable outreach for the community. It is NOT full of members who are poor and dependent on government handouts; in fact, the business leader of the mosque is a prominent local businessman and community leader. They are quiet and non-threatening and try to accommodate their needs with the community's even when they face open discrimination, as they have recently when they tried to get a zoning variance. They certainly extended an olive branch to the community when they were treated with open hostility and racist remarks in public discussion. Their kids go to public school as well as Muslim religious school, just as our local synagogue has religious school for their congregants' children.

BTW, I remember when the word "synagogue" could be substituted for "mosque" in a debate; in fact, you probably still could do so with the same effect in some parts of the country.
Yes you are right, but Muslim behavior correlates with the population percentage.
Muslim Behavior/Terrorism Correlated With Population Size - Common Sense Evaluation

As the population % ticks higher, it starts looking more like the Western European countries.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think you are missing the point, as usual!

I prefer these.......they can't take up land and they have to keep moving. No place to hide refugees or illegals. I am not here to stop religion, because for some it is their life. I am for stopping the churches from using their religion to change America and destroy our way of life, for the huge amounts of money they are taking in.
Lol...good point.

Anyway, I love Arab people. They're friendly, loyal, and make incredible food.

But they can keep them mosques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies