Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 07:08 AM

48 posts, read 41,802 times

Advertisements

The RINOs denied Senator Taft the nomination 4 times, because he was anti-establishment. In 1940, they shoved him to the side for the Liberal businessman Wilkie. Wilkie proudly said he was a Liberal. He lost to FDR that fall. Then in 1944, they shoved Taft to the side for the RINO Governor of New York, Thomas E. Dewey. He too lost the election. In 1948, they gave the nomination to Dewey again( with Earl Warren as his VP), and he lost again. Russell Kirk hated Dewey. I don't understand how voters could be stupid enough to give a man who had lost the previous election another shot. Then in 1952, Senator Taft was shoved to the side one last time for the internationalist Eisenhower. Eisenhower won the election, and Taft died soon after. Robert A. Taft was the son of a President, a Yale/Harvard grad, a successful lawyer, and a respected Senator. Why didn't he get one shot at the nomination? ( Dewey got 2, and failed twice) As a young anti-establishment, anti-war Taft Republican, it amuses me when I see how long the GOP establishment has kept power for themselves, and squashed anyone who stands against them. They did the same thing to Pat Buchanan.( in my humble opinion, the greatest and smartest political columnist of our time) Now we have Trump. A flawed man no doubt, but a very successful businessman, and a guy who loves this country.( unlike his opponent) Hillary is running for her ego. Trump is running because he actually wants to change our broken system. ( he could be doing MUCH better things with his time and money) The voters have finally given an anti-establishment candidate the nomination, and he's getting the exact same treatment as Taft and Buchanan got. Well guess what RINOs? The Trump wing of the GOP is not going anywhere. Anyone who doesn't support Trump will not get our support. What do the RINOs think? Do they think that if Trump loses, the GOP will just go back to its old ways? Not a chance. Those days are gone forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 07:40 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRight View Post
The RINOs denied Senator Taft the nomination 4 times, because he was anti-establishment. In 1940, they shoved him to the side for the Liberal businessman Wilkie. Wilkie proudly said he was a Liberal. He lost to FDR that fall. Then in 1944, they shoved Taft to the side for the RINO Governor of New York, Thomas E. Dewey. He too lost the election. In 1948, they gave the nomination to Dewey again( with Earl Warren as his VP), and he lost again. Russell Kirk hated Dewey. I don't understand how voters could be stupid enough to give a man who had lost the previous election another shot. Then in 1952, Senator Taft was shoved to the side one last time for the internationalist Eisenhower. Eisenhower won the election, and Taft died soon after. Robert A. Taft was the son of a President, a Yale/Harvard grad, a successful lawyer, and a respected Senator. Why didn't he get one shot at the nomination? ( Dewey got 2, and failed twice) As a young anti-establishment, anti-war Taft Republican, it amuses me when I see how long the GOP establishment has kept power for themselves, and squashed anyone who stands against them. They did the same thing to Pat Buchanan.( in my humble opinion, the greatest and smartest political columnist of our time) Now we have Trump. A flawed man no doubt, but a very successful businessman, and a guy who loves this country.( unlike his opponent) Hillary is running for her ego. Trump is running because he actually wants to change our broken system. ( he could be doing MUCH better things with his time and money) The voters have finally given an anti-establishment candidate the nomination, and he's getting the exact same treatment as Taft and Buchanan got. Well guess what RINOs? The Trump wing of the GOP is not going anywhere. Anyone who doesn't support Trump will not get our support. What do the RINOs think? Do they think that if Trump loses, the GOP will just go back to its old ways? Not a chance. Those days are gone forever.
Of course, one problem the GOP is having is the number of people that believe everyone but them is a RINO.

Indeed, the less educated have taken up the cry that everyone but them is a RINO, and we see the result of this race to the bottom.

The majority of people in this country are not willing to be led by the less educated whom do not understand the issues, but rely on bumper sticker slogans and 'simple solutions' that, of course, do not solve anything.

As for Donald John Trump, he has been a successful real estate developer. However, like many people whom become very successful in one field, they become convinced that they may succeed in unrelated fields. Witness all of the non-real estate ventures by Mr. Trump that failed.

If you actually look at Hillary Rodham Clinton's biography, she has a long history of trying to help the less fortunate. Indeed, I well recall when she became First Lady and started advocating for health insurance for all: the Conservatives figuratively tried to tear her apart for her perceived arrogance.

This concept now held by many, that regard themselves as 'true conservatives', in being unwilling to discuss and perhaps compromise with others on certain issues, has resulted in a lot of the deadlock plaguing Congress. Reasonable people may agree to disagree on issues. Unreasonable people will declare their opinions the only ones that matter in this country of 330 million people.

I see that you described yourself as being 'legally blind', which I assume means that you are a recipient of government disability benefits. Nothing wrong with that. That is what it is for.

However, when you become older and start looking for a job you will likely be the beneficiary of a bipartisan act of Congress, the Americans with Disabilities Act, signed into law by George H. W. Bush (a 'RINO', according to many today). Prior to that Act a lot of people with various disabilities found it very difficult to obtain a job, or even to access many public buildings. Look up, since you like history, and see that those opposed to it said, and their predictions for the dire results. Then, look at the actual results.

Ignore the controversy of Taft. It is not relevant to the world today. I am, however, glad that you are interested in political history.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:48 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course, one problem the GOP is having is the number of people that believe everyone but them is a RINO.

Indeed, the less educated have taken up the cry that everyone but them is a RINO, and we see the result of this race to the bottom.

The majority of people in this country are not willing to be led by the less educated whom do not understand the issues, but rely on bumper sticker slogans and 'simple solutions' that, of course, do not solve anything.

As for Donald John Trump, he has been a successful real estate developer. However, like many people whom become very successful in one field, they become convinced that they may succeed in unrelated fields. Witness all of the non-real estate ventures by Mr. Trump that failed.

If you actually look at Hillary Rodham Clinton's biography, she has a long history of trying to help the less fortunate. Indeed, I well recall when she became First Lady and started advocating for health insurance for all: the Conservatives figuratively tried to tear her apart for her perceived arrogance.

This concept now held by many, that regard themselves as 'true conservatives', in being unwilling to discuss and perhaps compromise with others on certain issues, has resulted in a lot of the deadlock plaguing Congress. Reasonable people may agree to disagree on issues. Unreasonable people will declare their opinions the only ones that matter in this country of 330 million people.

I see that you described yourself as being 'legally blind', which I assume means that you are a recipient of government disability benefits. Nothing wrong with that. That is what it is for.

However, when you become older and start looking for a job you will likely be the beneficiary of a bipartisan act of Congress, the Americans with Disabilities Act, signed into law by George H. W. Bush (a 'RINO', according to many today). Prior to that Act a lot of people with various disabilities found it very difficult to obtain a job, or even to access many public buildings. Look up, since you like history, and see that those opposed to it said, and their predictions for the dire results. Then, look at the actual results.

Ignore the controversy of Taft. It is not relevant to the world today. I am, however, glad that you are interested in political history.
Hillary is a failure. Where are the jobs she promised to up state NYers? they are in worse shape.. she did nothing when she was a senator. Nothing. I think she named a few things , that is it.. She is a puppet for the globalists.Bill passed nafta now the greedy elitists want TPP . We got what Hillary is all about. Gain power and take the money. Her record is lousy in the middle east as well. She stinks as a secretary of state as she watched in real time the killing of four men in Benghazi and lied to cover herself and Obama for doing NOTHING!

Old 08-13-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I'm not willing to be lead by a dumb woman. She is Wall Streets lapdog. She's helped no one but herself. "Less Educated" LOL. There are plenty of scholars who support Trump. Most colleges are a JOKE these days anyway, so that really means nothing. What happened to Taft has EVERYTHING to do with the GOP. Don't try and lecture me about my party.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary is a failure. Where are the jobs she promised to up state NYers? they are in worse shape.. she did nothing when she was a senator. Nothing. I think she named a few things , that is it.. She is a puppet for the globalists.Bill passed nafta now the greedy elitists want TPP . We got what Hillary is all about. Gain power and take the money. Her record is lousy in the middle east as well. She stinks as a secretary of state as she watched in real time the killing of four men in Benghazi and lied to cover herself and Obama for doing NOTHING!
You are absolutely right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies