Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:22 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times

Advertisements

Well in the waiters defense the guy did try to order his steak well done , and that is a death penalty offence in the great state of Texas.

bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 05:24 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,796,264 times
What caused the head lock?

Words never can justify any headlock
However a headlock can justify a gun to be pulled for self defense.

The waiter probably will be fired as he wasn't allowed to bring a gun to work but he probably won't regret having one.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,299,452 times
o.O

Old 08-26-2016, 06:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
First, let's not forget this:

Quote:
The customer "was the one that threw the first punch," witness Crystal Halliday said. "He was a larger man, so he was on top of the waiter, beating him up pretty bad. I believe he also hit him with a computer that was there at the hostess stand."
If the customer attacked the waiter, put him in a headlock, got him to the ground and started beating him with an object, the waiter deserved to defend himself, even by shooting the customer.

The customer isn't always that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, I have a big problem with campus carry, especially since our illustrious legislators refused to pass the law banning texting while driving during the same session. Texting while driving is worse than drunk driving! At least most drunks are watching the road when they're driving. Laws change behavior (see seatbelt law), and that particular behavior needs to be changed.
What about a law against tweeting while driving? What about a law against Facebook posting while driving? What about a law against snap chatting while driving?

How many specific technology laws for each activity do you want?

How about this? Since we already have a law that covers every single type of disrracted driving, why pass laws to cover every single type?

Should we have separate laws for driving while drunk on beer, drunk on wine, drunk on margaritas, drunk on mojitos, drunk on rum and cokes, etc?

Quote:
So employers cannot have rules against employees carrying guns in their establishment?
Sure they can and do. Any employer can have a rule about no guns within their business.

I think you need to familiarize yourself about laws before debating them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Don't know about that but the fact remains - the more guns = more toddler deaths. I don't care if it is a redneck in Texas shooting his gun in a restaurant or a gang member doing a drive by. Same thing to me. Sorry.
The fact remains if you ban cars, pools, stairs, bathtubs and dogs, more toddlers will not die.

You ready to ban all dogs? If not, why? Do you think dogs are more valuable than toddlers?

Quote:
Campus Carry! I think it's stupid. Stressed out and/or depressed young people away from their parents for only a short while to attend a school where their entire future hinges on grades. What could possibly go wrong?
Which law of physics prevents that student from breaking a law banning guns from campus? History has proven again and again that pissed off or disturbed people bring guns and murder people at schools when those laws are in place.

Quote:
It will also keep the best qualified people from teaching there or will drive out these qualified teachers. That in turn will lower the education the students receive. Bad for the students and the lower middle class that want to attain a higher education but cannot afford private institutions. Bad all around.
Only looney toon professors who are political reactionaries will quit or refuse a job due to that law.

Why do professors take jobs in Chicago where their odds of being shot are much higher than a university in Austin?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:52 AM

30,299 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
Then the customer defends themselves against the waiter who is defending themselves from the customer. When a stray bullet hits the toddler in the booth behind them then the family in that booth must defend themselves against the waiter and the other customer. It keep going like this until every god blessed American has used their 2nd amendment right and the whole restaurant is dead.
Oh goody, liberals making up more fantasy lit.

Since "Texans love their guns", you would think that state would be on the news every single day instead of a liberal hell hole with strict gun control laws like...say, Illinois? I mean, it's a surprise anyone is still standing in Texas with all those guns around! Bullets flying every day down there...it's like a war Zone!

While you were busy making up false narratives, you forgot that there was, undoubtedly, at least one, if not several, CCW holders in there when it happened, yet there was no epic gun fight. Feel free to join everyone else in "Reality".

Old 08-26-2016, 08:29 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,407,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Where in Texas are guns not supposed to be? Shooting, maybe but Texas loves their guns.

NEW! Starting January 1, 2016, folks with a concealed carry license will be permitted to now carry openly in TEXAS, per House Bill 910 of the 2015 legislative session. Non-Texans from states whose permits are also recognized by Texas will be allowed to open carry under the new law January 1, 2016.

Texas Open Carry Explained | Texas Gun Laws

Believing that the open carry of handguns on church property is inconsistent with an atmosphere of prayer and worship
Texas Open Carry Law Info for Churches

University of Texas at Austin to allow students to carry handguns on campus
University of Texas at Austin to allow students to carry handguns on campus - CNNPolitics.com

University of Texas Professor Quits Over Concealed Carry Law
University of Texas Professor Steps Down Over Gun Law
ah yea bag on Texas. just do me a vavor don't move here. don't visit here don't let your friends come here.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:33 AM

2016 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

fun times in Chi-Town

2300+ shot this year... and counting. in fact wait 2 hours and 7 minutes and someone else will get shot in Chi-Town

Old 08-26-2016, 08:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,738,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ah yea bag on Texas. just do me a vavor don't move here. don't visit here don't let your friends come here.
Don't worry, I have absolutely no desire. If only Texas would do the same. Texas contributes the second largest number of people to Washington. Can we please send your people back?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, I have absolutely no desire. If only Texas would do the same. Texas contributes the second largest number of people to Washington. Can we please send your people back?
LOL... nope. I hope to come to your state one day and hike your trails... and eat your food... I don't hate places the way your kind does... without any real reason.

I even went to your California and hugged a Redwood...

Old 08-26-2016, 08:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 4,402,806 times
Quote:
In Texas? They'll give him a raise.
. . . and another gun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies