Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2016, 06:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Says who? My grandparents weren't in bad shape and never had ID. Everyone in pass christian knew each other so there was no reason to have ID.

It is highly particular why a right that says Citizen, there is no requirement to prove you are in fact a citizen, but a right that says People, you have to prove you are a citizen??

Don't they have this backwards, in Bizzaro World?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, if non-citizens can get DLs, requiring DLs to vote doesn't fix the problem, right?

Also, the law in question wasn't JUST about voter ID, as I detailed in the post you quoted.
"So, if non-citizens can get DLs,"

You either missed the point or are so biased you ignore it.

DLs should NOT be issued to illegals. Duh! just like sanctuary cities should be eliminated.

Why DIDN'T YOU respond to the same applications for the 1st amendment as to the 2nd?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
...In North Carolina, the legislature requested racial data on the use of electoral mechanisms, then restricted all those disproportionately used by blacks, such as early voting, same-day registration and out-of-precinct voting. Absentee ballots, disproportionately used by white voters, were exempted from the voter ID requirement. The legislative record actually justified the elimination of one of the two days of Sunday voting because “counties with Sunday voting in 2014 were disproportionately black” and “disproportionately Democratic.”...

The point is that, for some, getting ID - even FREE ID - has significant hurdles and expenses associated with it. Google it.

Voting is a right guaranteed to all citizens, not just all citizens who have/can get a drivers license or state ID.

Too bad getting ID comes with expenses. too bad so sad. My life is full of expenses as well-some that I believe I should some that I believe I shouldn't. That's life, you play the hand you are delt, be happy you were not born into poverty in Zemunda.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:24 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Says who? My grandparents weren't in bad shape and never had ID. Everyone in pass christian knew each other so there was no reason to have ID.
This guy is talking about how "certain minorities" don't have id, not about old people. And not everyone lives in pass christian, whatever that is.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
According to an article I read 89% of the population had some form of picture ID. That leaves 3.2 million Americans without - 18% elderly and 25% black - or so is reported. Maybe you're right - since many elderly can't get out to vote and blacks don't routinely come out to vote - there shouldn't be a problem and we don't need it - and as the other poster said - keep them oppressed.

The liberals want to help everyone - but never when it is really in the peoples best interest to be helped. Since so many things now require picture ID as I stated above - they are left out of so many parts of society and experiences in life - but dwell on the unfairness of voter ID - instead of all the benefit having such an ID would provide.
Yup. They claim that they care about these people, but they really don't. They just want to make sure that they come out every four years and push the button marked "Democrat." Then they can go away and live in squalor for four years, until they're needed again.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
...In North Carolina, the legislature requested racial data on the use of electoral mechanisms, then restricted all those disproportionately used by blacks, such as early voting, same-day registration and out-of-precinct voting. Absentee ballots, disproportionately used by white voters, were exempted from the voter ID requirement. The legislative record actually justified the elimination of one of the two days of Sunday voting because “counties with Sunday voting in 2014 were disproportionately black†and “disproportionately Democratic.â€...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.09af5aafad52

The point is that, for some, getting ID - even FREE ID - has significant hurdles and expenses associated with it. Google it.

Voting is a right guaranteed to all citizens, not just all citizens who have/can get a drivers license or state ID.
If you guys spent half as much effort on finding a way for people to get photo id as you put into coming up with reasons why it's sooooo hard to do, there wouldn't even be a problem.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:29 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"So, if non-citizens can get DLs,"

You either missed the point or are so biased you ignore it.

DLs should NOT be issued to illegals. Duh! just like sanctuary cities should be eliminated.

I never said they should be, you and I both simply agreed that it happens. Nor did I ever advocate for sanctuary cities. Are you mistaking me for a different poster or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why DIDN'T YOU respond to the same applications for the 1st amendment as to the 2nd?
This one?

Quote:
All I ask is that every single "gun law" be applied to the 1st amendment as it is applied to the 2nd amendment.

#1 - it's not a question.

#2 - I have no idea what you mean about applying "gun laws" to the 1st amendment.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
If you guys spent half as much effort on finding a way for people to get photo id as you put into coming up with reasons why it's sooooo hard to do, there wouldn't even be a problem.

The NC law that was struck down was about far more than IDs. Read it, then get back to the discussion.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Too bad getting ID comes with expenses. too bad so sad. My life is full of expenses as well-some that I believe I should some that I believe I shouldn't. That's life, you play the hand you are delt, be happy you were not born into poverty in Zemunda.

Poll taxes have been illegal for quite some time, my friend.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Poll taxes have been illegal for quite some time, my friend.

So has infringing on a persons ability to obtain arms at a moments notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies