Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 02:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

What arrogance! Demanding that the Chinese, on their soil, conform to Obummers rules..this is an absolute outrage!
Republicans always say we want "strong leadership" and if Trump went to China and tried to call all the shots republicans would be cheering him. Why not for a moment admire Obama for getting tough?

But the sad/dangerous thing here is we can't even discuss actual facts, instead our political discussion about this America/China meeting is nothing but an attack on our own president (and no one even discusses whats going on with China.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:01 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
You are correct. Russia and China have real leaders who love their country and will protect their country's values.

The void after December for me will be filled watching President Trump make America great again.
Well when you suppress free speech what's not to love, North Korea loves their leader also.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Guess we will hear Hillary talk about attacking China over Chinese hackers now.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:04 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Good for the Chinese.
I rest my case, China insults the American delegation and draw praise.

More irrational hatred for Obama

Old 09-04-2016, 06:19 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans always say we want "strong leadership" and if Trump went to China and tried to call all the shots republicans would be cheering him. Why not for a moment admire Obama for getting tough?

But the sad/dangerous thing here is we can't even discuss actual facts, instead our political discussion about this America/China meeting is nothing but an attack on our own president (and no one even discusses whats going on with China.)
Too little too late. Obama waits until the last 3 months of his 8 years in office to suddenly "get tough". Why now? Oh right, last chance to improve his so called "legacy". Dick move at the very least

Old 09-04-2016, 06:24 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I rest my case, China insults the American delegation and draw praise.

More irrational hatred for Obama
You rest what case? I don't hate him at all.

Why should the Chinese listen to a foreign leader? Why should an American president worry so much about Asian countries? let these chinese worry about themselves, let those asian countries defend themselves. butt out

Old 09-04-2016, 11:04 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
This has been discussed by learned Americans and Western Europeans on RT. The United States decision that it alone is master of the universe. They have chalked it up to two main things.

1) A lost, inexperienced, and almost non-existent staff of diplomats in the United States. Apparently, there are few to none trained and mentored in the craft of traditional international diplomacy in the United States anymore. And instead the US deals with the rest of the world by either threatening them (take Hilary Clinton) or simply telling them they don't matter and the US will do as it wants.

2) Neocons school of thought and liberal interventionism also known as liberal imperialism school of thought reign in US politics. On the right are the neocons and on the left are the liberal imperialists. The factions that support Donald Trump on the right are not warmonger neocons. The faction on the left that supports Berine Sanders are not warmongering liberal imperialists.

Liberal imperialism is supposedly a value system, say like any religion, in which its evangelists proclaim to be the torch bearers of the one and only universal truth in the world, and that by force they will spread and impose their beliefs on the rest of the world.

I never heard of liberal imperialism as a term. But with out any scholars discussing it I had already picked up on a modern day crusade or jihad seeking global war across the earth from liberals. But I called it "The Sodomite Crusades."

Apparently, Russians read and listen to a lot of Western and American news. So, almost all Russians know what the US mainstream media is putting out about Russia and Putin. In contrast very few Americans read or listen to Russian news. I'm not sure about China though. The Chinese may not read or listen to much US news. So, while all Russians are being informed and prepared for WWIII and nuclear war, and know Americans better than Americans know Russians, US mainstream news and the US Government and all Westetn corporate interests lead US citizens like sheep by intentionally refusing to tell them the world is edging closer to WWIII.

Americans don't even control their own country anymore really. Small elites in Westen Europe and the US run the whole show. Hilary Clinton in my view is being tapped by NATO commanders and banking and corporate interests to win the US presidency and then to initiate WWIII.

Having lived during the Soviet Communist Empire I never thought I would see the day Russia would actually be the good guy--let alone China which has some bad human rights records--and the US and Westetn Europe be the horns of Satan and the leaders of evil in the world.
I couldn't agree more. A very accurate picture.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:46 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know the exact details but it began with a Chinese official yelling this is our country, I don't recall that happening in a visit to any other country. China is responsible for the increased tensions with it's neighbors by building military bases on islands while doing little to corral in North Korea.

What exactly the weakness or the arrogance displayed, maybe you can offer some details.

How would Trump have reacted if someone shouted this is our country.
The yelling "this our country" was, I believe in response to Obama's people dictating protocols and procedures governing Obama's visit.

Nevertheless, it just shows incompetence regarding diplomacy, when you can just barely make it off the plane before creating animosity between you and your host. Not a good sign.

The arrogance comes into play as the United States attempts to claim dominion over the entire planet, by interfering in regional disputes on the other side of the world, when we have no business doing so.

But this isn't an isolated case ... remember, Obama/Clinton have the dubious distinction of having one of our Ambassadors murdered on their watch. And, we have Obama angering people in the UK, as he tried to coerce them into voting no to Brexit, issuing veiled threats about the impact of such an act on US/UK relations!

How would Trump deal with all of that? Well, the leader of the successful Brexit movement actually spoke at a Trump rally. Nigel Farrage represented the majority of the citizenry of the UK who are apparently more intellectually sophisticated than the mouth breathers here in the US who, in spite of the evidence, still don't understand the disastrous consequences of continuing to support a Globalist agenda that results in nothing other than death, destruction, and endless war that will, left to its own course, result in the extinction event of global thermonuclear war.

Any other stupid questions?

Old 09-05-2016, 04:45 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Obama let a chance slip by to show leadership and the American spirit. Instead of whining Obama should have took action considering he has the Secret Service at his disposal. He should have ordered all the boys/girls to remove all the seat belts and clicked lock them together making a rope. Before climbing down Obama gives the peace sign, on landing Obama raises arms for touch down, he spikes the ball, he breaks out into the Icky shuffle.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:10 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
So which is it, weakness or arrogance? If the Obama people and press had quietly complied with the Chinese would you have started a thread accusing them of meekly kowtowing?
Arrogance or weakness not mutually exclusive. Many bullies are arrogant until they are called out and reveal their weakness.

Drawing an invisible red line in the shifting sand was arrogant, doing nothing about it when confronted showed 'weakness'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies