Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times

Advertisements

Mexicans are very hard working people. I know there are drug dealers and criminals among them but the ones that work work hard. They not only do work you can't get Americans to do. They do traditional American jobs and do them well.

I'm not sure if they're here legal or illegal but the ones that are working part of the solution, not the problem. The criminal element is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 10:41 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Sigh. I'm sorry. I don't have any more time for this nonsense. Have a good holiday.
In other words.....you got nothing.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
^^^ This. These jobs were probably done LEGALLY by workers in the guest worker program. What happened to that program?

I'm a Democrat and most Democrats want something done. Personally, I don't know of anyone in any party who is in favor of unbridled immigration with no background check, no health check, nothing. Look what it's done to the UK. The main reason they left the EU is due to being forced to take more and more immigrants. Their country would go bankrupt if they took many more--their health care system has nearly been ruined by too many immigrants using it, people who haven't paid a penny into the system.

What if they make the illegals, legal? THEN who's going to do the jobs the illegals do? More illegals?

Yeah, and five minutes after the new guest worker program goes into effect, Chuck Schumer will be in front of every camera he can find whining about "second-class citizenship" and the need to give these people the same rights as the rest of us, i.e., the right to vote for Democrats and receive a check in the mail.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:48 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Mexicans are very hard working people. I know there are drug dealers and criminals among them but the ones that work work hard. They not only do work you can't get Americans to do. They do traditional American jobs and do them well.

I'm not sure if they're here legal or illegal but the ones that are working part of the solution, not the problem. The criminal element is the problem.

If they are here illegally they are the criminal element. They commit identify theft to gain employment. You try that and see what happens.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:

How hard working they might be is irrelevant.

How are illegals doing roofing for minimum wage (or less) when an American would be paid $18.00 an hour (or more) "part of the solution" ?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Realize what?
That illegal exploited labor, stagnates the going rates of labor? Doing jobs Americans don't want to do for the low pay, the illegals created?

Gotcha!

The 1986 bipartisan legislation made employment of undocumented workers a federal crime. It was enacted with a wink and a nod that Federal Government would not go out of its way to pursue criminals who employed undocumented workers and the penalties for such crimes would not be harsh. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

Right now, there are 20,000 ICE employees, including admin support, spread in more than 400 offices throughout the US and other countries vs 11-12 million illegal aliens whereby each household has at least one member who is employed.

There are hundreds of sanctuary cities and in the case of Florida, sanctuary counties, that will not cooperate with ICE when they arrest and set bail for illegal aliens charged with crimes unrelated to residency or employment. Local LE, judicial and penal systems do not have the resources to cooperate, unless compensated by the Federal Government.

Trump has made his intention to treble the size of ICE, block funding of sanctuary cities and seek cooperation with local LE. 60,000 ICE employees are better than 20,000 albeit still woefully inadequate to make a dent in 11-12 illegal immigrants. Congress has to approve and fund the labor, physical space, cars, weapons, systems, jails, courts and compensation to municipal LE to share the burden.

Way down on the list of priorities ( potentially beyond a single term) is the pursuit of Congressional action to make E-Verify a Federal Law.

So long as employers face no harsh consequences for their crimes of employing undocumented workers- getting to the root cause- we will not put a dent in the 11-12 million, most of whom manage to avoid being arrested for crimes unrelated to immigration.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:53 AM

1,099 posts, read 901,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Amazing how the right wing "less government" crowd advocates more government when it is convenient to them.

Why not allow a true . A good conservative right wing Republican should be in favor of "laissez-faire" system at all times.
Yes of course. Dodge and deflect, dodge and deflect. Let me know when you can find a system that encourages illegal activity (I won't hold my breath). And I really don't care about your little "Right wing", "Left wing" nonsense. You're so busy trying to label people, you can't have an objective conversation. What part of both sides are at fault don't you understand?

Oh how I wish people would use some critical thinking skills and focus on issues instead of this picking baseball team BS.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

Not in a welfare state. The general welfare of citizens should come first. Not the general welfare of other nations people.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:58 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't blame illegals, blame the companies who hire them
"I want to pay more for my groceries, lawn care, house painting, etc.", said no consumer ever.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The 1986 bipartisan legislation made employment of undocumented workers a federal crime. It was enacted with a wink and a nod that Federal Government would not go out of its way to pursue criminals who employed undocumented workers and the penalties for such crimes would not be harsh. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.
Are you justifying it as OK?

The wink & a nod Establishment has been playing both sides of the game. Not until the 2010 Mid-terms, did some get called out and primaried in one party. Every 2 years since, the anti-establishment has been a growing trend, with this time around no different the Democrats tried it and felt the Bern.

Obama nibbled at the anti-establishment rederict to get elected, but turned out to get right in bed with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies