Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 05:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

I want to hear that evidence too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 05:30 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I believe the term 'Rag Headed Goat Fiddlers' would be more appropriate.
You are da MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
the term "Islamic Terrorists" only promotes the widespread epidemic of Islamophobia across America. Every day I hear how more white Christian males assault, murder, and discriminate against the Muslim population.

A better term, would be to call them for what they (the 9/11 attackers) were: "Mentally Ill"
You don't have a CLUE!

Old 09-08-2016, 05:32 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The definition of a terrorist is not someone who blows himself up. That is a suicide terrorist.

Muhammad raped, looted, enslaved, tortured, and murdered. That qualifies as terrorism.

Careful, some grand pobah will call for a Fatwa on you!

Old 09-08-2016, 05:37 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Is that the pot calling the kettle black? The terrorists demand that we remove the word terrorist from the site? Send them all packing. I have had my fill of this horse chit.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Repeating a talking point does not make it an objective fact.
That wasn't a "talking point," and I didn't repeat anybody.

Quote:
Most Muslims probably don't give a **** what we do. Say what you want, that's almost certainly the case. As an example, in high school, I had a good Muslim friend. I was a protestant at the time, and it was never a problem.
What are you now? If you were a Protestant, what changed your mind?

A Muslim is not going to tell you to your face that your Christianity is a problem. But it is. You were a Dhimmi. If you were in a Muslim country, you would be required to pay a tax to live in peace.

Quote:
One of his best friends was a Jew.
Muslims refer to Jews as "pigs." They are not supposed to be friends with either Christians or Jews.

Quote:
And no, holy texts do not define a religion.
Yes they do. The New Testament defines what Christianity is. Without the New Testament and the Words of Jesus and the disciples, there would be no Christianity. The tenets of Christianity are the New Testament.

Quote:
Not exclusively. It's so much more complicated than that.
Oh, do tell. As a Christian myself, you aren't impressing me.

Quote:
I'll use the same evidence as proof because it's even more obvious now: if saying "happy holidays" is so important then you saying scripture alone deigns Christianity is nonsense. Nothing in scripture says we should care when Jesus was born. Yet, you claim to not do so is an attack. This is all the evidence I need.
Oh, baloney!!! I don't think you had a clue what I was talking about. And if you were at one time "Protestant" as you said, you would certainly understand. But you don't.

Quote:
Oh wait, you disproved it by being sarcastic and dodging the question. My bad...
I didn't "dodge" any question.

Go play in the sand.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
It's a circular problem. Circular logic is always destructive, which is why we need to break the cycle.
And you have no idea what your talking about.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:29 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please. Then why don't you move to a country more to your liking?
Not sure you are comprehending the answer I was giving in response to what defines terrorism. I do not agree with Golimar's definition. You must at least acknowledge that this was and is a violent country that raped, murdered, tortured etc... to get to where it is and "we" continue this American tradition, if you will, to this day. We are definitely on the right track in many regards but there is room for improvement.

BTW, acknowledging something is the first step to healing. My words do not mean I condemn the US in her entirety. She has lots of good qualities too! So, no, I do not need to move somewhere else. How very American of you to ask!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 07:41 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
The 9/11 attacks were carried out by Islamic Terrorists and they need to "own it" no one is holding them in this country against their will and they are free to go back to where they came from any time they don't like it here.

After the massacre of the Israeli Olympic team in München in 1972 and all the nations flags were flown at half mast the Arab countries objected to that too.

#sickofconstantappeasement

Old 09-09-2016, 09:28 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That wasn't a "talking point," and I didn't repeat anybody.
Yeah, saying they hate us because of how free we are is a talking point. It's meaningless and isn't really based on anything substantive. It's "America **** yeah" talking points.

Though, the terrorist did seem to win as Bush passed the most ironically named assault on freedom that has ever existed. And yes, I can blame bush even if there were Democrats (like our good friend, Secretary Clinton) who supported it. Just like Obama is the anti-Christ, apparently, because of the ACA.

Quote:
What are you now? If you were a Protestant, what changed your mind?
Agnostic currently. Changed because of self reflection.

Quote:
A Muslim is not going to tell you to your face that your Christianity is a problem. But it is. You were a Dhimmi. If you were in a Muslim country, you would be required to pay a tax to live in peace.

Muslims refer to Jews as "pigs." They are not supposed to be friends with either Christians or Jews.
Ok, I'll just go **** myself then. Turn out I was wrong and he wasn't my friend...

I'm sure if I had asked him if I thought I should convert to Islam, he'd say yes. He wouldn't want to force me, but I don't doubt for a second that that's what he feel would be best for my soul or whatever. In the same way, a Christian would say the same. People believe the things they believe because they believe it to be right. I won't have an issue with someone just because they think I might go to hell or something. And some Muslims will tell you that it's wrong to be Christian, just as some Christians will tell you it's wrong to be Muslim. That doesn't mean they can never get along. It doesn't mean they will all want to force you into something.

Quote:
Yes they do. The New Testament defines what Christianity is. Without the New Testament and the Words of Jesus and the disciples, there would be no Christianity. The tenets of Christianity are the New Testament.

Oh, do tell. As a Christian myself, you aren't impressing me.
I'm not saying the texts are irrelevant. I'm saying they aren't the only or even necessarily the most important thing. As I already said, nothing in scripture indicates that we should celebrate Christ's birth. Interestingly enough, technically nothing says it shouldn't be celebrated, yet early Christians did not celebrate Christ's birth because they saw celebrating birthdays as a pagan tradition. Were those early Christians not Christian? Were they wrong in their view? Because you can't point to scripture to say they were or they weren't. And yet a holiday sale is still seen as an assault on Jesus. That's the third time I've made that point, and you've still said really nothing about it.

Side note, a Christmas sale may very well be just as anti-Christian as a holiday sale. Based on what's said in the Gospel, I doubt the rampant consumerism of American culture is at all something Jesus would condone, let alone something he'd want attributed to him.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:44 AM

I only have one response for this entire ignorant diatribe: You are one of the most uninformed individuals I have run into. If you want to stick your head in the sand, that's your prerogative. I prefer to be informed.

I suggest you do some research and inform yourself, rather than hurl insults at people who know more than you do.

You're wasting my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies