Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:06 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
......while low IQ people tend to be prejudice against liberal minorities.

Can IQ predict prejudice? Smart people dislike conservatives while less intelligent groups discriminate against liberal minorities, claims study | Daily Mail Online

Wow....does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.....just visit this forum. That study amounts to a keen grasp of the obvious.
The old liberal trick, when someone doesn't agree with you they must be an idiot right?

Nothing to see here, same old crap.

I'll make sure and tell my PHD in Physics brother that he's an idiot because he's a conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 11:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
The conservatives I know are without a doubt on the lower end of the IQ scales. I've known that for years so this is no news to me. I think it might have something to do with the fact that a large percentage of them tend to be anti-science. Perhaps it's natural for them to fear what they don't understand. I think that's where a lot of their odd stances originate.
Give me a break. Liberals are just as anti-science as anyone if it suits their agenda. For example: Ask fifty liberals when a human life begins and you'll get fifty different answers. Ask fifty liberals what sex the baby is that just came out of the womb, again, you'll get fifty different answers.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, I've read that on the internets.
You DO know there are different tests, scales, etc. to test intelligence right? Hence the plural. Geez

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Interesting how leftist trust in science disappears when it threatens their worldview. For instance, lefties hate all of the studies that show there is a genetic component to intelligence rather than intelligence being a purely social product. They also really hate when it is pointed out that different groups of humans would have evolved differently due to vastly different surroundings, which could likely play a role in persistent social problems associated with certain groups.

And don't even mention the concept of the sun playing a role in earth's climate. That really sets them off.
Yes the sun plays a role. So what? Are you trying to pin the current warming trend solely on the sun? I suspect that's where you are headed with this since it's the new holy grail for the right wing science denialists.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:32 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:

Can IQ predict prejudice? Smart people dislike conservatives while less intelligent groups discriminate against liberal minorities, claims study | Daily Mail Online

Wow....does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.....just visit this forum. That study amounts to a keen grasp of the obvious.
Color me socked, that pointy-headed liberals dislike the US Consitution, the rule of law, and Constitutional Conservatives who are trying to preserve the freedoms and liberties the US Constitution protects.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:53 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Give me a break. Liberals are just as anti-science as anyone if it suits their agenda. For example: Ask fifty liberals when a human life begins and you'll get fifty different answers. Ask fifty liberals what sex the baby is that just came out of the womb, again, you'll get fifty different answers.
Really? Have you asked fifty liberals or are you just ranting? Be honest now.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:55 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:

That's funny. Our local chapter of Mensa sure seems to be stacked with conservatives.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
"The survey also gauged participants' IQs using a measure of vocabulary that is linked with overall intelligence."

Lol, are you freaking kidding me?! That's some scientific method they used!!
Yes...excuse me whilst I eschew meretricious rhetoric lest it lead to obfuscation.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
World wide, East Asian countries have the highest IQ and they are more conservative than Western Europeans and North Americans.
The lowest IQ is found in certain African countries.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:16 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Hm. I have a pretty high IQ, and I have no prejudice whatsoever toward conservative. I guess I'm not liberal enough for the Daily Mail.

*shreds I'm A Liberal card*

Oh well.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:29 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:

I think you can use this study as a wipe.

Funny how Liberals are supposed to be smart because they don't like religious fundamentalism, all while embracing Islam.

The problem with our intelligentsia in our culture is that their intelligence tends to cause an inflated sense of competence in other fields where they are not competent. I have encountered this general observation of arrogance from both Thomas Sowell and Hayek , even causing a net result far worse than an idiot with humility. Sowell complains they never look at their results or suffer the consequences. We used to have a humble peasant stock that knew their limitations. For better than the bloated ego of someone competent in their specialty. I am not inclined to have a chess grand master perform surgery on me.

The idea of Conservatism is humility. That is to stay it takes seriously the collective historical wisdom of our ancestors , unless we have a specific reason not to do so due to new information. Liberals do not frequently provide new information. They provide new and convoluted moral frame works , almost daily ,even when conservative principles tend to show them to be complete folly.

How apropos for you to end your missive, basking in self approbation, at your easy mastery of so simple a subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies