Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Don't these folks realize that they're sports ENTERTAINERS?
Irritating their audience is no way to stay solvent.
Don’t forgot the 1st rule of sports entertainment - do not alienate thine audience - they're paying your salary.
Ignoring rules and common sense seems to be appropriate behavior as of late. Everywhere one looks these days, it seems as if the entire country is hell bent on self destruction.

CN

Old 09-08-2016, 06:58 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Default Seattle Seahawks Plan Team Protest Against National Anthem

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, it didn't happen LOL

Old 09-08-2016, 08:12 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Isn't it possible that these types of actions could encourage some fans to support the team more, buying more merchandise, bidding up price of tickets, buying sponsored products.

Not all NFL fans are pro America. Many are anti America as well.
If they're anti America, then leave. There are plenty of other countries out there. Good luck finding one that allows people the opportunities they have here.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:15 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
I would love to see them all on their knees begging to stand for the national anthem if all the football patrons were to boycott the NFL games..

Old 09-08-2016, 08:19 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
See. Told y'all this is why so many on the right are scared of Kaepernick.
I'm not scared of him. He has the right to protest if he wants, but it isn't going to change a damn thing. Because he is protesting instead of trying to change the things that put black men in these situations.

I just saw a clip of a 70-year old man getting shot in the abdomen while watering his lawn in Chicago, and the stupid comments were full of people excusing the behavior of the young men who did it because they have no "hope" and live in poverty. Screw that! I grew up in poverty and never once entertained the thought of robbing someone or shooting them for a few bucks he may have had in his pocket.

There is NO excuse for that behavior! And people need to stop excusing that behavior. When I see people in the neighborhood taunting police investigating a murder in their own neighborhood instead of helping them find the murderers, I want to scream. Don't let crime take hold in your neighborhood, and watch the police start treating young men there better.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:19 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I am guessing it is the belief that cops in America are hunting down black people because they are racist.
They gun down unarmed black men everyday in Amerikkka.

Everyday!

Every black man in Amerikkka breaths a sigh of relief when they get home because they didn't get gunned down by the police in Amerikkka.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
True. Maybe ponderosa's suggestion is best. Just stop doing the anthem.
Why on earth would that be the "best" solution? You don't negotiate with hostage takers, terrorists or children throwing tantrums.

Team USA hockey coach to players: If you sit during national anthem, you’ll be benched the whole game | Q13 FOX News

Coach Tortorella has the best solution.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:30 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Where else on this planet can one denigrate their country while making millions doing nothing more than entertaining the masses?

Cripes; it beggars the imagination how anything could be more irrelevant. A millionaire football player objecting to the words of his national anthem by acting out in public.

Starving people everywhere, EVEN Africa, would dearly love the opportunity to make a fortune playing a game and would include in the bargain, singing the anthem at the tops of their lungs ............word for word.
They wouldn't need to be starving or paid a fortune. If the NFL rules changed and told the players they would be paid $50,000 / year and not a dime more there would still be a line around the block of every stadium in the country of people willing to be paid to play a game.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
When azzwholes like these start interfering on my distraction time I start rooting for the cops, to be honest. All of this highly contentious political bullcrap takes up a lot of our lives nowadays. Sports is where I go to escape it. If you are going to insist that I also have to deal with it while your sport is on...the sport you get paid millions to PLAY, then I will simply stop watching your sport. Hockey is starting soon anyway.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM

4,583 posts, read 3,411,758 times
The west coast teams should just play the Mexican national anthem, just like their affiliate radio stations do every morning at 5AM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies