Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:54 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not about the race of the person protesting. It's about the message.
Since when is protesting against racism a bad thing?
He was dropped because he is refusing to stand for the national anthem. His sponsor is a credit union that is primarily affiliated with current and former military personnel. Credit unions are owned by their members. Therefore, his former sponsor is primarily military personnel.

He can kneel if he wants, but his actions are not protected from repercussions. I would expect the same outcome if he was white.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
these people have the right to protest in what ever manner they see fit. however with rights come responsibilities, and they have a responsibility to those that back them to protest in a manner which will not bring disparagement to their sponsors.

and their sponsors also have rights, including the right to terminate a relationship if they are getting blow back from from what their charge is doing.

as i have said before, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, these people are unfortunately choosing teh wrong way to protest.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Since when is it WACIST! to shoot criminals? When are white people and white football players going to riot and shoot cops and take knees over whites being shot at a MUCH higher rate by cops than every other race is? Big difference is I don't see race when a CRIMINAL gets shot....I didn't whine when that idiot in Fresno..Dylan Noble...look him up. He refused to listen,was within striking range of a cop and he was killed. Stop whining about criminals being shot! The fact that MILLIONAIRES are whining about criminals being shot and inequality in America is HILARIOUS. Try spreading that wealth to your hoods jerk offs! Try opening community centers,try giving black and brown youth something to do after school,start sports teams,open parks do SOMETHING useful other than whining about black criminals being shot.
Stop with the nonsense. Anyone who understands simple math knows that blacks are unfairly targeted by police.
The fact that millionaires who have much to loose is something to be admired. I admire anyone who speaks up against the ones who are not held accountable.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:01 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
"I am not against the military, I am not against the police, I am against social injustice." Way to go Brandon Marshall

Air Academy Federal Credit Union released him from his endorsement deal.

While we respect Brandon’s right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.

So those P.O.S. have no problem with social injustice. Screw them and anyone else who slights Marshall.

Long Live Racism!!!!!! Go back to Africa!!
Ridiculous post.

Freedom of speech is a 2 way street.

Air Academy Federal Credit Union is the US Air Force Academy's Credit Union. Many of their customers (Air Force military people) are against things that are perceived as disrespectful to the country's symbols - and Marshall is a dolt if he couldn't have predicted that.

Marshall could have chosen another way to express his displeasure of societal wrongs, but he chose to target the National Anthem as such actions garnered massive national attention.

He chose to target the National Anthem, and the people that pay him some of his checks didn't appreciate that choice of speech so they used their own first amendment right to stop sending out checks to him to represent them. Why continue to pay Marshall to represent you, when his choice of actions upset you?

Had Marshall used his freedom of speech in a different way, he would have been likely fine. You mean there are consequences to my actions? Derp!

Old 09-09-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He was dropped because he is refusing to stand for the national anthem. His sponsor is a credit union that is primarily affiliated with current and former military personnel. Credit unions are owned by their members. Therefore, his former sponsor is primarily military personnel.
Oh gee thanks for pointing that out.
btw Marshall doesn't care too much about that. He's too busy promoting equality. You either believe in that or you don't. There's no middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He can kneel if he wants, but his actions are not protected from repercussions. I would expect the same outcome if he was white.
Again, it's not about the skin color of the individual protesting. Dunno why you keep bringing that up? No ones playing the race card against you.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
What a disgusting racist country. All I got from it was four year free scholarship at the university of Nevada. Was on the football team, didn't have to attend classes. I was drafted by the NFL, I play on the Superbowl winning team and just signed a contract for $32 million. Were is the social justice.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:06 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times
Quote:
Stop with the nonsense. Anyone who understands simple math knows that blacks are unfairly targeted by police.
The fact that millionaires who have much to loose is something to be admired. I admire anyone who speaks up against the ones who are not held accountable.
Breakdown Of US Citizens Killed By Cops In 2016 | Zero Hedge

The simple fact is obviously black males commit more crime vs their population numbers in comparison to others,on top of the fact the media and politicians LOVE racial violence..gives the media higher numbers and more money,gives politicians more air time to pass pointless laws and condemn crime and look impressive for reelection. If these clowns wanted to do something to FIX things do as I say. Pay for or start community programs,educational programs,jobs programs etc. Stop pointing fingers when THEY have the money to do these things. The media LOVES things like that as well.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Ridiculous post.
Ridiculous comment

Quote:
Freedom of speech is a 2 way street.
Who says it isn't. It's not about freedom of speech. Why are posting ridiculous drivel when you don't understand the topic?

Quote:
Air Academy Federal Credit Union is the US Air Force Academy's Credit Union. Many of their customers are against things that are perceived as disrespectful to the country's symbols. Marshall could have chosen another way to express his displeasure of societal wrongs.

He chose to target the National Anthem, and the people that pay him some of his checks didn't appreciate that choice of speech so they used their own first amendment right to stop sending out checks. Had Marshall used his freedom of speech in a different way, he would have been likely fine.
Thanks for stating the obvious which has nothing to do with his protest. He doesn't care about the lost money.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Breakdown Of US Citizens Killed By Cops In 2016 | Zero Hedge

The simple fact is obviously black males commit more crime vs their population numbers in comparison to others,on top of the fact the media and politicians LOVE racial violence..gives the media higher numbers and more money,gives politicians more air time to pass pointless laws and condemn crime and look impressive for reelection. If these clowns wanted to do something to FIX things do as I say. Pay for or start community programs,educational programs,jobs programs etc. Stop pointing fingers when THEY have the money to do these things. The media LOVES things like that as well.
Who says it's just about blacks being killed by law enforcement?
The simple fact is more blacks are targets by police for many offenses. Like the war on drugs. Not that the facts matter to you or other posters.

When one cannot discuss the issue, the best thing to do is deflect.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
What a disgusting racist country. All I got from it was four year free scholarship at the university of Nevada. Was on the football team, didn't have to attend classes. I was drafted by the NFL, I play on the Superbowl winning team and just signed a contract for $32 million. Were is the social justice.
It's not about him and it's silly to make it about him. It's about the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies