Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 09:00 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
But faux outrage is.

On another note, I keep seeing people saying there's no point in protesting, because nothings going to change. Yet, some of those same people are voting for a candidate who claims he's going to change things, with a bunch of empty platitudes and no solid plans.

Many of these guys protesting, including Kaep, already run or are involved with community charities that help at-risk youth in inner cities. As a result of this protesting, I guarantee you more resources from these guys and their supporters will go to various communities. Just because you all don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

First, people complain that the protests are too violent, then when they're peaceful, they complain that they're pointless or act offended by them. Meanwhile, they come on message boards like this and complain, complain, complain about our POTUS and government, which accomplishes what exactly?
One can always send an email to the NFL Commissioners office. officeofcommissioner@nfl.com
I sent my email last night. Who's next?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
One can always send an email to the NFL Commissioners office. officeofcommissioner@nfl.com
What are you going to protest to Roger Goddell about?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
What are you going to protest to Roger Goddell about?
Not protest. The NFL is so big they are not going to feel anything if there is a protest which is why I sent an email to the commission. It's a pretty messed up situation where someone who honors the lives lost on 9/11 is threatened with a fine but yet players can be very disrespectful by sitting or taking a knee during the national anthem.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Thanks. I just send mine.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Thanks. I just send mine.
You are welcome.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Not protest. The NFL is so big they are not going to feel anything if there is a protest which is why I sent an email to the commission. It's a pretty messed up situation where someone who honors the lives lost on 9/11 is threatened with a fine but yet players can be very disrespectful by sitting or taking a knee during the national anthem.
You clearly don't understand how the NFL works. I don't like it, but any alterations that are outside of their strict uniform guidelines are a fine-able offense. They do that so there's no grey area and no slippery slope. Were you upset when players on the Steelers were fined last year for breaking uniform code in support of Breast Cancer Awareness to the point you emailed the NFL? Or is just selective outrage?

What if a player wanted to have BLM cleats? Or cleats that honored Trayvon Martin? Would you be upset if Odell Beckham Jr., instead of wearing cleats dedicated to 9/11 victims, wore cleats honoring Black Lives Matter and was fined?

It's disrespectful to you. You seem to have no problem with fans booing the POTUS while he's paying tribute to 9/11 victims. You want to pick and choose what is acceptable and disrespectful and then demand a private entity to follow suit, just because you don't like it.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
You seem to have no problem with fans booing the POTUS while he's paying tribute to 9/11 victims.
Really? Can you please point to her post that shows this view?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really? Can you please point to her post that shows this view?
Seem = as to infer, as in, I posted the link to the story up thread, and no one seems to care.

Otherwise, I would've just said, "you don't care"

Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You clearly don't understand how the NFL works. I don't like it, but any alterations that are outside of their strict uniform guidelines are a fine-able offense. They do that so there's no grey area and no slippery slope. Were you upset when players on the Steelers were fined last year for breaking uniform code in support of Breast Cancer Awareness to the point you emailed the NFL? Or is just selective outrage?

What if a player wanted to have BLM cleats? Or cleats that honored Trayvon Martin? Would you be upset if Odell Beckham Jr., instead of wearing cleats dedicated to 9/11 victims, wore cleats honoring Black Lives Matter and was fined?

It's disrespectful to you. You seem to have no problem with fans booing the POTUS while he's paying tribute to 9/11 victims. You want to pick and choose what is acceptable and disrespectful and then demand a private entity to follow suit, just because you don't like it.
Boy you seem argumentative this morning.
Over the past 2 years, I have started standing up more for things that irritate the crap out of me. The extremely poor customer service I received about 2 years ago concerning an order I placed online is where it started. I searched and found the CEO's email and informed her of what happened. I even shared the email with others who were having the same issues. Guess what? She really didn't know what was going on with the call center or shipping. She kept wanting to give me free stuff...I just wanted change. She was told the best thing she could do was to use my email as a training tool for her company. The next year...HUGE difference.
That is all I'm asking for here with the NFL. For them to search out the law themselves and make the changes they need to make.
Personally I would not boo the POTUS no matter how much I don't like him. I can't do anything over people actions who booed him, but I can make my voice heard over the action of football players who represent the NFL.
I never demanded a "private entity to follow suit". Honestly, it's time that we start standing up for what is right and not let it roll off our backs. All I did on here was encourage others to let the NFL know how they felt too. Could I have blasted it all over social media. Yep. Sure could, but this way one shows respect and a chance to fix it before going to social media. Have I blasted companies on social media. Yep. Sure have especially when I tried to work with them.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Seem = as to infer, as in, I posted the link to the story up thread, and no one seems to care.

Otherwise, I would've just said, "you don't care"
You implied, inferred, she didn't.

It doesn't matter what you posted above, because she might not have seen it or chose not to comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies