Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2016, 11:53 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fluoride alone cannot prevent cavities, but it certainly reduces them.

Too little fluoride means more tooth decay. Too much can stain the teeth. The right amount protects the teeth with little risk of staining.

I grew up with fluoride and my teeth are great. Does my anecdote cancel out yours?

Review of fluoride in water from an independent, nonfederal, unpaid panel of public health experts:

The Community Guide - TFFRS - Oral Health, Dental Caries: Community Water Fluoridation

"Although bone fractures and skeletal fluorosis have been associated with lifetime exposure to higher naturally-occurring fluoride concentrations (e.g. 4 mg/L), no association has been observed at levels used for CWF [community water fluoridation]. The broader literature speculates about harms associated with higher levels of fluoride in water (e.g., cancer, lowered intelligence, endocrine dysfunction). Research evidence, however, does not demonstrate that CWF results in any unwanted health effects other than dental fluorosis. While harms have been proposed, most have no biological plausibility or insufficient evidence to draw conclusions."
It's amazing how so many talk about how great their teeth are being raised in fluoridated waters. My ex never had a cavity until he moved to a state with fluoridated water. So I'll never never agree to all these chemcials added to our somewhat cleaner waters. Profits like crazy for these chemical pushers. No one knows what all this "F" is doing to our insides. How about cancers?

And it's not staining of the teeth it's full blown fluorosis...my grandgirl has ended up with it from her brillant dentist.

No ONE knows for sure what all this toxin is doing to our bodies. All so called research but who knows. And the massive arthritis === FLUORIDES?????

As usual we don't see eye to eye on this or anything Suzy. I'm sure the chemical pushers like monsanto and dow etc love the likes of those like you. And let's not forget pharma and all the
toxins added to these drugs. Look at the damage from the cipro and levaquin abx drugs which all contain fluorides/fluorines...whatever...but toxins.

Oh, just in our town I can only imagine how deep pockets were when the pushers marched in here in 2005 and got on their bandwagon for this great salvation for the "children's teeth"...BS

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-09-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Old 10-09-2016, 01:01 PM

Has your town/city rejected/removed fluorides from public waters.

Fluoride Action Network | Communities Which Have Rejected Fluoridation Since 1990

Many cities are waking up but not ENOUGH. Money is a great god. So many can sell their souls for money.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:01 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's amazing how so many talk about how great their teeth are being raised in fluoridated waters. My ex never had a cavity until he moved to a state with fluoridated water. So I'll never never agree to all these chemcials added to our somewhat cleaner waters. Profits like crazy for these chemical pushers. No one knows what all this "F" is doing to our insides. How about cancers?

And it's not staining of the teeth it's full blown fluorosis...my grandgirl has ended up with it from her brillant dentist.

No ONE knows for sure what all this toxin is doing to our bodies. All so called research but who knows. And the massive arthritis === FLUORIDES?????

As usual we don't see eye to eye on this or anything Suzy. I'm sure the chemical pushers like monsanto and dow etc love the likes of those like you. And let's not forget pharma and all the
toxins added to these drugs. Look at the damage from the cipro and levaquin abx drugs which all contain fluorides/fluorines...whatever...but toxins.

Oh, just in our town I can only imagine how deep pockets were when the pushers marched in here in 2005 and got on their bandwagon for this great salvation for the "children's teeth"...BS
Water treated to maintain fluoride levels to a point that will prevent cavities does not cause full blown severe fluorosis. I believe we have discussed your granddaughter before and if I remember what you said it was impossible for her dentist to have been the cause of the problem because she was well past the age at which fluorosis happens when he treated her.

You can warble on "but chemicals" and "but toxins" all you want. You clearly lack a basic understanding of chemistry.

The antibiotics you mention can have serious adverse effects. That is why doctors take the risk of those effects into consideration when they prescribe them.

Fluoridation saves money overall by reducing the overall cost of dental care. Fluoride does prevent cavities. It does not cause cancer. You very conveniently ignore the fact that fluoride is naturally present in water, and it does not matter what salt the source of the fluoride is. It does not matter whether you want to believe it or not.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:05 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I have to say this Jammin:

You are like most patients doctors have to contend with, for OA you should be exercising and stretching in order to gain back abilities. It's work and it's hard, but the payoff is increased health.

You won't do it, and you go in search of pills to cure you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-09-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Water treated to maintain fluoride levels to a point that will prevent cavities does not cause full blown severe fluorosis. I believe we have discussed your granddaughter before and if I remember what you said it was impossible for her dentist to have been the cause of the problem because she was well past the age at which fluorosis happens when he treated her.

You can warble on "but chemicals" and "but toxins" all you want. You clearly lack a basic understanding of chemistry.

The antibiotics you mention can have serious adverse effects. That is why doctors take the risk of those effects into consideration when they prescribe them.

Fluoridation saves money overall by reducing the overall cost of dental care. Fluoride does prevent cavities. It does not cause cancer. You very conveniently ignore the fact that fluoride is naturally present in water, and it does not matter what salt the source of the fluoride is. It does not matter whether you want to believe it or not.
The dentist used fluoride gels or whatever they use in their office on her beautiful teeth after her braces were removed. No ONE KNOWS for sure about anything positive about ingesting fluorides...only the chemical and fertilizer and aluminum plants are making mega $$$$ on their disposal of waste. Look at the history and how Alcoa and Mellon started all this mess.

Chemistry, balony it's Profits for the industries and their waste. And the Deep Deep Pockets out there on the TAKE.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have to say this Jammin:

You are like most patients doctors have to contend with, for OA you should be exercising and stretching in order to gain back abilities. It's work and it's hard, but the payoff is increased health.

You won't do it, and you go in search of pills to cure you.
I can barely walk from the Structural Mess I'm left with Mikala. I exercised all up life up into my mid 60's....thanks for your insights.

And I'm not taking pills I call them supplements to help with the pain issues so I don't take mega drugs.

No one can ever know what another person lives with re: their body. I hope you're still going gangbusters when you reach my age. For your info, I stretch 2-3 times per day and ride by recumbent bike to keep things as limber as I can with this body structural mess. Going to a rehab clinic and PT was trying to push me more and I would end up with more pain from the push. Thank goodness for the D.O. there and his prolo work and injections to keep my knee working.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:00 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
I grew up in NYC which was one of the first cities to use fluoride in the water. Did it prevent cavities in me as a child? Nope. I also used to itch all the time taking a showers which was the same when my Mom washed with bleach.

I lived on LI for over 25 years which had no fluoride in the water, to this day. Were my kids teeth worse for this? Nope. Their Pediatrician recommended fluoride tabs for them. I said No.

We moved to Florida which uses fluoride in the water. Three months after living here I started to break out in hives from heat to toe, including on my eyelids. I was was given Steroids to mask the hives, not cure what was causing it. Made me vomit, thankfully. Dermatologist did a Biopsy. Contact Dermatitis, like we don't KNOW. Change your soaps, etc. Did nothing.

When I went back to stay on LI, hives went away. Why? No fluoride in their water. They returned when I returned to Florida. ONLY doctors can diagnose this? I spend over $200 every 6 months for water filters. No more hives in Florida. It is the fluoride in the water giving me these hives.

Science experiments that can be duplicated. Going back and forth from Florida to LI was my experiment, and proved it. I would rather eliminate the CAUSE than medications like Steroids that only mask symptoms.I really feel for people with Psoriasis. HERE take our drugs so people won't think you have some contagious disease. Find a CURE not some drug to mask symptoms.

Science does not want cures. I am not even getting into my reaction to CIPRO.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:06 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Yeah, I'm assisting DH on his shoulder rehab. I can see in his face how bad it hurts. It's necessary to minimize any crippling. He takes mega medicine oxycodone.

First set he broke out in sweat and I saw his eyes tearing. The next day his arm felt tons better.

At least the Rx's work at giving you what you need to help heal yourself (when used correctly).

I could see how someone would use Big Pharma as a reason to not get better and resume a full life.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-09-2016, 05:54 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The dentist used fluoride gels or whatever they use in their office on her beautiful teeth after her braces were removed. No ONE KNOWS for sure about anything positive about ingesting fluorides...only the chemical and fertilizer and aluminum plants are making mega $$$$ on their disposal of waste. Look at the history and how Alcoa and Mellon started all this mess.

Chemistry, balony it's Profits for the industries and their waste. And the Deep Deep Pockets out there on the TAKE.
Fluorosis occurs while the permanent teeth are forming. That means it happens by about age 6. At age 7 and after the permanent teeth have already formed, except for the wisdom teeth. Since braces are not usually applied until the permanent teeth have all erupted, fluoride applied after they are removed will not cause fluorosis.

It makes no difference whether fluoride is recovered as a byproduct of an industrial process or not. Fluoride is fluoride.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:11 PM

Not so with my daughter. Fluoride is not fluoride....

If it's pushed for forming teeth why is EVERYONE forced to take it in their public waters and foods and even the animals.

Jo: I've heard others over the years from other health forums I've been a member talk about allergy to fluorides.

Why not add laxatives and anti depressants since so many are constipated and depressed. Probably due to consuming fluorides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies