Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 01:22 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times

Advertisements

George W. Bush got us into the worst economic mess in decades. During the last few months of his presidency we were losing seven hundred thousand jobs a month. He couldn't even testify before Congress without Cheney's assistance.

McCain had the darling of the Tea party as his VP candidate. When interviewed Palin could not demonstrate a command of the issues. There was one report that she didn't even know what the Fed was. McCain was old and Palin would have been next in line.

Romney was another rich mans son. Usually the son's talent and drive don't match the father's. I won't however put him in the same class as Bush and Palin. We can trust that the middle class would not have done well with Romney.

Now we have Trump running. You Republicans must admit that his performance was **** poor the other night. He's nothing but a slick salesman with a couple of good ideas about trade but nothing more than that.

It's time for you to think about who you are making the most powerful person on Earth. FOX, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh shouldn't be doing your thinking for you. It's very important that you think for yourselves and do some independent research on these people who you choose to lead. The jury is no longer out on your poor choices for President and Vice President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 01:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Why Can't Republicans Nominate Someone Competent?

For the past couple of decades, the GOP has been purging itself of both rational officeholders and rational supporters. They've got the psycho "religious right" in a death embrace.

We all see the results.

Pub candidates can't say that they understand science or that they aren't eagerly awaiting the rapture. They have to be openly hostile towards any non-christians.

It's all very amusing.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:40 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times
Its funny, I'm a Republican and I feel the same way except that I feel Trump is EXACTLY what the GOP needs to straighten out this mess we call our government.

The real question is why would the Democrats vote in such a lying corrupt candidate as their wanna be president?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:42 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
"Competent" in this case translates Democrat stooge, which is what McCain, Romney and (to some extent) W. were.

The fact is that even if Kasich had been nominated, the left-wingers and their minions in the press would have made him out to be a fire-breathing neo-fascist.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:46 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Well Bush 2 may have been a legacy vote.

McCain was actually a decent candidate but why on earth did he pick Palin? I think that cost him the election.

Romney was a good candidate but he failed to show for the last 2 debates and Obama was already hugely popular so it was an uphill battle.

Trump... the people have spoken in overwhelming ways to put him where he now stands. Who wold have been better out of all the candidates hat he beat out? The media would have loved a Hillary/ Bush fight card but (yawn) she would have mopped the floor with him. Rubio wasn't too bad with Cruz probably being the better choice but the powers that be in the GOP didn't like him.

The GOP doesn't like Trump and as we have seen by many of them not supporting him besides the pledge they signed they are willing to hand it to Hillary in hopes of better luck next time.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:49 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
George W. Bush got us into the worst economic mess in decades. During the last few months of his presidency we were losing seven hundred thousand jobs a month. He couldn't even testify before Congress without Cheney's assistance.

McCain had the darling of the Tea party as his VP candidate. When interviewed Palin could not demonstrate a command of the issues. There was one report that she didn't even know what the Fed was. McCain was old and Palin would have been next in line.

Romney was another rich mans son. Usually the son's talent and drive don't match the father's. I won't however put him in the same class as Bush and Palin. We can trust that the middle class would not have done well with Romney.

Now we have Trump running. You Republicans must admit that his performance was **** poor the other night. He's nothing but a slick salesman with a couple of good ideas about trade but nothing more than that.

It's time for you to think about who you are making the most powerful person on Earth. FOX, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh shouldn't be doing your thinking for you. It's very important that you think for yourselves and do some independent research on these people who you choose to lead. The jury is no longer out on your poor choices for President and Vice President.
Presumably you think Obama and Biden and Hillary are.... competent?

LOL! That's hilarious!

Old 09-28-2016, 01:49 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Its funny, I'm a Republican and I feel the same way except that I feel Trump is EXACTLY what the GOP needs to straighten out this mess we call our government.

The real question is why would the Democrats vote in such a lying corrupt candidate as their wanna be president?
Because Hillary in my opinion is the lesser of two evils.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:53 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Our presidents have competently performed the role they were told to do by their campaign contributors.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:56 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
So someone that has a history of their enemies ending up dead, and has committed multiple known and proven felonies is the lesser evil than someone who says a few things you do not like?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:58 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times
Quote:

I feel EXACTLY the same way but I substitute where you typed "Hillary" and I type TRUMP!!!
She is corrupt and evil to the core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies