Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 07:34 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Would you say it's okay to kill someone purely because they sell illegal drugs? I hope not.
I won't shed any tears if they are killed. Conversely, I also see how prohibition has added to the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 07:48 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
The Philippines.. Isn't that one of those countries where it is illegal to be gay so the leader wanting to take a page from Hitlers play book shouldn't surprise us.
The Philippines is also one of those places where you would not want to be locked up in the nasty prison.

I can understand why a poor country would want to do away with the scourge of drugs both users and dealers, it is costing them a fortune.
It costs Americans a fortune to Police, arrest try and imprison those involved and treat the addicts.

The answer is not to kill those involved with drugs but stop them from getting them in the first place.
In the end there is no viable answer but comparing oneself to Hitler is stupid.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Noting that Hitler had murdered millions of Jews, Duterte said: "There are three million drug addicts (in the Philippines). I'd be happy to slaughter them.

"If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have...," he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

Philippines leader likens himself to Hitler, wants to kill millions of drug users

Ok; what IS it about some "people of color" thinking Hitler was good? This Duarte dude and NOI leader Farrakhan along with many 2016 white supremacists that the nazis would've murdered their parents in Poland and Russia.

I'm def "white" and think Hitler's racist views were despicable, especially against groups like the Jews who could've helped him.
Sheer worship of power.

How would Filipinos appreciate a leader who openly praised Hirohito and Tojo? I bet they wouldn't treat that as cavalierly as they treat Duterte comparing himself to Hitler.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:56 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
References Hitler was a bad analogy, but I respect his strong stance on trying to rid his country of the drug epidemic.

Here in the U.S we spend BILLIONS on combating drugs and offering treatment. Has it helped? NOPE!
You're right if we assume that the goal of the drug war was to actually reduce drug use in the country.

Buuut....they knew what the result would actually be. Just a couple decades earlier they had alcohol prohibition and the result was higher crime (black market), which meant law enforcement could be expanded/have better job security, and they get a ton of money when they bust someone.

They knew what the war on drugs would do, and it's been a huge success from that perspective. It's even pretty well known that the U.S. aids drug cartels to get more drugs into the country, so it's all pretty corrupt, as much as people don't like to know about it.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Considering the State is the biggest drug dealer of them all I say sure...kill the State!

Hooray! We're free!

Old 09-30-2016, 08:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
I'll bet you this Duterte clown is a drug addict and sexual pervert just like his idol Herr Hitler.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:02 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
I predict that Duterte will be hanging from a light post within 5 years.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
It's why we have a 2nd amendment people. If they tried that over here if a political wind went the direction where a politician could decree that then it would be time to defend yourself.

See, the 2nd applies to defense from both extremist right and left positions.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:30 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Word was Hitler was a meth head.
It was probably Walter White grade of meth though. The Germans are perfectionists.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:34 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Philippines.. Isn't that one of those countries where it is illegal to be gay so the leader wanting to take a page from Hitlers play book shouldn't surprise us.
The Philippines is also one of those places where you would not want to be locked up in the nasty prison.

I can understand why a poor country would want to do away with the scourge of drugs both users and dealers, it is costing them a fortune.
It costs Americans a fortune to Police, arrest try and imprison those involved and treat the addicts.

The answer is not to kill those involved with drugs but stop them from getting them in the first place.
In the end there is no viable answer but comparing oneself to Hitler is stupid.
Just the opposite, besides no same sex marriage, no divorce either, the Philippines is one of the most gay friendly societies on Earth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies