Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:50 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
# of Viewers Trump/Clinton Debate

NBC 18.2
ABC 13.5
CBS 12.1
FoxNews 11.4
CNN 9.8
Fox Network 5.0
MSNBC 4.9
PBS 3.0
Uni 2.5
Tele 1.8
FBN .7
CNBC .5
Looks like poor MSNBC was demolished Fox business lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 12:53 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Surprised CNN's ratings are so low when it is pretty much seen as the default news channel and the one you see playing in airports and other places
Ports and large corporations play CNN. That should be a wake up call in it of itself. That right there is the "establishment" that is pushing CNN. FYI, the leader of CNN, Ted Turner or something like doesn't just run a news network, he is in the club. You know, the club that liberals always complain about, the elite! But yet liberals are backing the candidate that CNN is clearly backing, as well as Goldman Sachs. Yeah, you guys are really against the establishment.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Ports and large corporations play CNN. That should be a wake up call in it of itself. That right there is the "establishment" that is pushing CNN. FYI, the leader of CNN, Ted Turner or something like doesn't just run a news network, he is in the club. You know, the club that liberals always complain about, the elite! But yet liberals are backing the candidate that CNN is clearly backing, as well as Goldman Sachs. Yeah, you guys are really against the establishment.
Had to make a visit to my local VA hospital a few days ago, was happy to see Fox News on just about every TV.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:33 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
# of Viewers Trump/Clinton Debate

NBC 18.2
ABC 13.5
CBS 12.1
FoxNews 11.4
CNN 9.8
Fox Network 5.0
MSNBC 4.9
PBS 3.0
Uni 2.5
Tele 1.8
FBN .7
CNBC .5
I watched c-span.

CNN was my favorite primaries viewing channel but I knew I would not stay with them for the general election. I absolutely hate FNC during primary season. I leave them during primary season every presidential primary and pre-primary season. One thing I really liked on a Republican primary state voting night was CNN's John King at the Map doing the county by county analysis of the results.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:37 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
They're a paid propaganda outlet. When Trump becomes President, we'll find out whose money is being used. I suspect it's taxpayer money.
Say what? I generally get my news off of CNN and they've been raking Trump over the coals the last few days.

Then again, I'm not insanely biased one way or another.

CNN is imo a rohrshack test for poltical zealots.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:13 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
"Ted Turner or something like doesn't just run a news network, "

You do know that Turner sold CNN in 1996 to Time Warner, don't you?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:15 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGuy View Post
The mainstream media has become so biased. When did they stop even trying to mask it? Yesterday FBI director is being grilled in congress, the CNN banner for half the day was "Trump tries to hire attractive women at his golf course". It's very sad really, don't you think?
"The mainstream media has become so biased."

It has ALWAYS been biased. We just didn't know it because they controlled ALL of it.

With cable TV and now the Internet we can find OTHER sources.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:21 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
CNN can go pretty low. It's owned by Time-Warner, is a well-known brand name and they're never going to fold it up.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:41 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
With TV viewership continuing to spiral downward, when will CNN get pulled off the air as they now fell behind MSNBC?

US Presidential Election Series: CNN

When viewers go below 100,000, what is the TV threshold for throwing in the towel? Al gore's TV network was taken off the air with just under 100,000 viewers.

Is that the magic number for network cancellation?
So do conservatives actually believe FOX, Breitbart, Conservative talk radio, and conservative blogs are not slanted as well?

I don't understand the cognitive dissonance with conservatives and the media...

Old 09-30-2016, 04:43 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The mainstream media has become so biased."

It has ALWAYS been biased. We just didn't know it because they controlled ALL of it.
Or maybe you just moved so far to the right, you forgot what a moderate take looks like?

Quote:
With cable TV and now the Internet we can find OTHER sources.
And Alex Jones is now a very wealthy person. It's funny how people don't mind slanted news.... as long as it's slanting towards their perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies