Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
We already have substantial "innocuous" gun control laws that go way beyond what the founders intended.

Attempting to call anyone out as being "OK with mass shootings" doesn't help your case any and just paints you as an irrational and uninformed nut job.

Gun owners aren't "OK with mass shootings" they just know that there aren't any "common sense" laws that will prevent them.
The founders didnt intend for everyone to have a gun. There are plenty of writing from that time that show that.

Nothing can prevent a mass shooting, but in truth, thats not what we are trying to stop. Its the common criminals who get guns through both legal and illegal means that we can change so that they can no longer subvert the law.

Quote:
Basically, since laws abiding gun owners are the only ones who follow the laws, you are letting criminals control the issue for everyone. You end up basing the rules for law abiding citizens on what criminals do instead of the other way around.
That is true of every law, why do people continue to argue this as if it is some game changer and will make people have an epiphany ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I am not red or blue. But, it boggles the mind when you actually speak to hardcore anti-gun people. They are not even misinformed they simply know nothing at all about firearms.

It's like someone who's never set foot outside of Brooklyn NY telling a farmer in Illinois what kind of seed to use when spring comes around. I guess these people would be funny were it not such a serious issue. Education on the issue is a dangerous thing to the left, eh?
You don't need to know specifics about different model gun designs and features, etc. in order to know the evidence that says America is one of the most violent first-world nations on the planet with a high frequency of mass shootings.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't care about your feelings - The gun owner

unless it was their child...or family member

Old 10-02-2016, 12:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
It's always amusing when people who know nothing about firearms start flapping their gums about them.

https://youtu.be/rGJMVPuDm3Y

Old 10-02-2016, 12:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you are indeed talking about the mechanics or styles of weapons, then your argument is so overly flawed that it isnt even funny.

I doubt you know how nukes work, but you dont want Saudi Arabia or Iran to have one.
Ok so now nuclear weapons have been thrown into a simple firearm thread. Awesome.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Ok so now nuclear weapons have been thrown into a simple firearm thread. Awesome.
1. Nuclear weapons are arms

2. You didnt refute my claim, so im guessing that means you understood and had no response.

3. I dont have to use nukes to make my point.

You dont have to know how a weapon works to not want criminals to have them, I bet that even you as a gun enthusiast doesnt want criminals to have them.

As i said, if your argument is truly about simply knowing how a gun works or knowing the difference between an AR-15 and a m4/M16, then you are making a massively flawed argument.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:44 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
unless it was their child...or family member

Proof, yet again, that survivors of tragedies and attacks, and their family members, can pose the biggest threat to our freedoms.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:44 PM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You don't need to know specifics about different model gun designs and features, etc. in order to know the evidence that says America is one of the most violent first-world nations on the planet with a high frequency of mass shootings.
Well for the most part it's bad guys with guns shooting other bad guys with guns, good guys with guns shooting their own family members or their family members shooting them, and of course gun owners offing themselves with guns.

What's wrong with that?

Old 10-02-2016, 12:52 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Wrong! People who oppose even the most innocuous gun control proposals (reporting your stolen guns) are the ones okay with mass shootings. Where did I say "anyone with a gun"?
How would you report a stolen gun that isn't missing? Most people don't take inventory on a daily basis. The law is being opposed because it's a really stupid law. Pretty sure people already report them when they've NOTICED it gone as that's how insurance would cover it.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:53 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you are indeed talking about the mechanics or styles of weapons, then your argument is so overly flawed that it isnt even funny.

I doubt you know how nukes work, but you dont want Saudi Arabia or Iran to have one.
Actually, due to military classes, I (and a lot of other people) have a pretty good understanding about the construction and operation of nuclear weapons. Could I build one? Probably not. The materials are quite difficult to get, and I do not have the necessary machine tools.
Could I build a serviceable firearm? With a little machine tool practice, certainly! I could buy the machine tools at Harbor Freight, and the materials from Pacific Steel or Schnitzer Steel.
In fact, I have a cap 'n' ball single shot pistol hanging on the wall, that was built by my late father-in-law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies