Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
We need to claim some land of our own and fight to the death.

Erm... maybe we should just write off the so-called "Free Press" which have become an arm of the political class. Maybe we as a nation should see things for what they are and come together in spite of the political class and media which are dividing us. Maybe we should just wise up and see things for what they are, no bullets needed.

We'll get exactly what we deserve because of our ignorance and complacency in allowing criminals to run our country.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:38 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Erm... maybe we should just write off the so-called "Free Press" which have become an arm of the political class. Maybe we as a nation should see things for what they are and come together in spite of the political class and media which are dividing us. Maybe we should just wise up and see things for what they are, no bullets needed.

We'll get exactly what we deserve because of our ignorance and complacency in allowing criminals to run our country.
Finally a good idea from Pacific Palisades Steven..

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
What gain would Russia get from the US falling into chaos?

I see a lot of people go on about evil Russia and China (make no mistake, they are our enemies), but the fact is that if we fall apart, so does the rest of the world. The entire world has a lot tied up in us and we would most certainly walk into World War III if such were to occur.

Reality is... we were much safer from a world war during the cold war than we are now. Obama has changed our nuke policy from MAD which was fire only if fired on to preemptive/first strike. Obama's reckless attitude and support for terrorism in the ME has made Russia and China very nervous, especially when the WH throws out unfounded accusations and makes threats of punishment to Russia. Obama/Clinton are going to end up causing WWIII.
After seriously considering an official MAD stance and receiving harsh criticism from Congress, Obama maintained the First Strike option back in August. Why would the US take it off the table?

'No first use' nuclear weapons policy a dangerous Obama idea - Washington Times

As for what may be in it for Putin to add to the chaos of the 2016 election, is speculation.

Putin wants sanctions lifted.

Some sources claim the US funded massive demonstrations in Russia during their last election cycle. Quid pro quo? Putin intends to run for his 4th term in 2018.

Seems to me regardless of which nominee wins, they will likely have no clear mandate, and a substantial percentage of the population and Congress is not going to be happy campers. This is not particularity conducive to a coherent foreign policy which could favor Russia.

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Trump's? Maybe Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago?

They could ask Spider Guy for climbing tips.
That's a thought. Trump is, after all, fast becoming a loser, so who cares what he might think or feel?

Hey, Snowball, I think we solved your problem for you. Snowball? Snowball?

Old 10-12-2016, 05:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Thought you folks just turned the other cheek.
That's what I was wondering about, too.

I'm not much of a Christian, but "fighting to the death" over differences in ideology doesn't sound like the Christian thing to do. Isn't that precisely what you guys claim all Muslims are guilty of doing?

Old 10-12-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deplorable Jim View Post
Hilary is 4 more years of Obama but Uglier if that's even possible which it is.
Very intelligent comment, Jim. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deplorable Jim View Post
Why do you Libs hate Christians so bad?
YOU consider yourself a Christian? *snort*

Old 10-12-2016, 05:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Finally a good idea from Pacific Palisades Steven..
I appreciate that you believe I finally had a decent idea after 11k posts. Not sure where the Pacific Palisades quip comes from, since I live in South LA, a member of the hard-working poor which politicians abandon after getting my vote.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Can't you conservatives at least wait til AFTER the election to act like sore losers?

Why rush it? Geez...savor these times you live in presently while you can pretend to still have hope (although you don't) and stand by your guy.

There'll be enough time for crying after the election. Trust me, you'll have plenty to cry about too.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:52 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump represents Christians?

Wow.
Trump represents the Bigot, Homophobe, misogynist, sad losers in our community.

It will be great when he is soundly defeated and the bigots are sent back to the hole they crawled out of.
For straight anti-gay men they do seem to think an awful lot about what two men do in their bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies